Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:12:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So has anybody ever actually WON a chargeback? (as btc seller)  (Read 1746 times)
tunafish (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2013, 04:17:29 AM

Hi all,
Longtime lurker but new poster. I have learned my lesson with paypal---the hard/dumb way. I've seen the whole paypal think beaten to death on the forums here and elsewhere, but not so much what specifically I'm looking for: posts of international credit or posts where somebody has actually won a case, I'm curious if it is really a 100% fuckover rate for sellers.
Anyway, a person I was selling to and arranging sales through resulted in like 20+ chargebacks for over $2K all in a row like a month after I sold them. Shortly after those sales(but before this slew of chargebacks) I started requiring ID/verified status for buyers but it was too little too late. Before this I'd had maybe 2 or 3 chargebacks total that I went to great lengths to "win": Showing amounts sent, transaction ID's, market price at date, etc. After those I quickly learned that Paypal really doesn't give a shit about sellers or even having a sustainable business model---with the increasing amount of digital goods being bought and sold in the world you can't just offer ZERO coverage and expect to be number one on the block.
Anyway what I was really wondering was: has anybody here actually ever, as a seller, had a chargeback decided in their favor? Whether its through just paypal or through a credit card via paypal or international?
I'm asking because alot of the chargebacks I have are from international credit cards (mostly Asia of course Roll Eyes) and I haven't even bothered to submit any information to Paypal because I know they are cocksuckers about this stuff and will rule against a mountain of evidence. What I don't know is how much say the international credit card company is involved in the process, like if they have control over it and don't sodomize digital good sellers like paypal.

Thanks for reading/posting

Feeling generous?
BTC: 1MiaKvvzhuCrbWJ2iXA9RceZfRpNDjwJTk

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 04:21:59 AM

ask the mtgix/klamm scammers. I know they've won some. And they never sent the bitcoins, but kept the paypal payments.
I think it's pretty clear by know that paypal only sides with scammers.
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 07:06:32 AM

As a seller I have won two disputes in the past. Don't ask me how, don't ask me why. I did nothing they asked me to do. I did not furnish any paperwork or anything. I guess they just noticed some odd buying patterns on behalf of the buyers and figured they'd let me win a couple.

There is no rhyme or reason to their "system." Just be prepared to lose most of the time.

My advice remains the same with pp- cash out quickly. Yeah, you may get limited, but at least you will have cash in hand before shit hits the fan. Word up.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 07:22:34 AM

I was 0-4 in PP disputes before I kissed eBay buh bye. They pretty much just take the money from the seller and give it to the buyer by default. When asked how they were going to secure my item back from the buyer they said "we don't handle that stuff". Angry Now I just say no to PP early and often.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: