Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:33:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Idea - Nintendo DS Bitcoin Wallet  (Read 1485 times)
RussianRaibow (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 11:50:31 AM

I just got my first Nintendo DSi.  It was only about $10.  I also bought the R4 flashcart and an micro SD card for it (~$40).  For those of you that don't know, the flashcart allows you to run game backups and also homebrew software on the DS.  I was really hoping someone would have developed an open source wallet for the Nintendo DS.  It seems like it would be a great device for it.  The DSi has a camera for scanning QR codes and it has two screens and wifi.  If anyone knows of such an app that I missed, please let me know!  And if it doesn't exist, maybe someone here should make it?  What do you guys think?  I live in Japan, and there are a lot used computer/hardware stores called "Hard Off."  They have bins and bins of used DS's for cheap.

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Indianacoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 11:59:23 AM

Great idea to come up with an wallet of such sort.
But how will you deal with storage of the massive and ever increasing size of blockchain?

I think Bitcoin Core v0.12.0 might solve that problem since it supports pruning mode.

Just let me know if you are successful with the idea after careful implementation.
RussianRaibow (OP)

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 12:06:41 PM

But how will you deal with storage of the massive and ever increasing size of blockchain?

I think Bitcoin Core v0.12.0 might solve that problem since it supports pruning mode.

Just let me know if you are successful with the idea after careful implementation.

I wasn't thinking a full node wallet, just an SPV wallet.  You wouldn't need the whole blockchain for that.  Also, I wouldn't be the one doing the programming/implementing.  I don't know how.  Hence the "free idea" part.  I'm hoping someone else will make it and I can use it Smiley

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 11:04:39 PM

Why? DS software is built with gaming in mind... The camera is very low quality, it apparently has only 16MB of RAM, and low storage (although this seems to be expandable). This does not seem to be a good platform to build a Bitcoin client.
Goins

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 11:27:12 PM

As already mentioned you would of course not have the whole blockchain on your device. If someone is able to get Java to run on the Nintendo DSi, one could use the BitcoinJ library. Another option would be to use it as hardware wallet to just store the keys but where you still have to connect the device to a computer to send bitcoins (I think this is how Trezor works too but I'm not sure because I've never used it).
FinalFantasy

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 12:22:16 AM

We have emulation for those consoles now I really don't see a need for anything besides an iPad
RussianRaibow (OP)

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 02:09:31 PM

Why? DS software is built with gaming in mind... The camera is very low quality, it apparently has only 16MB of RAM, and low storage (although this seems to be expandable). This does not seem to be a good platform to build a Bitcoin client.

I bet the low quality camera could scan a QR code. Obviously it wouldn't be a mainstream wallet, I just thought it would be a cool way to repurpose an old/cheap device.

We have emulation for those consoles now I really don't see a need for anything besides an iPad

I'm not sure what that has to do with my post. My point was maybe these bins of cheap old DSs could be repurposed into wallets / hardware wallets.

onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 02:15:43 PM

I don't think developers see the point to create special Nintendo DS wallet. It take a lot of time to create an good wallet. Besides that how much people will really use something like this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: