Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:00:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum is in an artificial bubble  (Read 4415 times)
Naughtid

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 08:03:41 PM

Even knowing it's a bubble you can still make money,  and the thing is that you don't know how long momentum is going to be in the up direction.  Could be for a while.

Yes, telling people invest in this risky project so IPO buyers can make a fortune. Deceiving people should be made illegal.

I also made small profit. I mined the Ethereum when the price was about $0.8-$1.0. I sold all my coins at $1.4.

Your profit is too small. If you hold until today, you can even make bigger profit. But who knows future.

I am mining the Ethereum at the moment. I will hold most of my coins and sell when the price is $20.
BombayChicken

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 10:35:48 PM

Even knowing it's a bubble you can still make money,  and the thing is that you don't know how long momentum is going to be in the up direction.  Could be for a while.

Yes, telling people invest in this risky project so IPO buyers can make a fortune. Deceiving people should be made illegal.

I also made small profit. I mined the Ethereum when the price was about $0.8-$1.0. I sold all my coins at $1.4.

Your profit is too small. If you hold until today, you can even make bigger profit. But who knows future.

I am mining the Ethereum at the moment. I will hold most of my coins and sell when the price is $20.

Well you could be in for a long waiting period Wink. Since the price is on it's return i think it will stabilize somewhere around the 2/3 dollar region.
From where another pump will happen a few months later.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 10:56:48 PM

I don't understand why so much money is flowing into Ethereum. Given that Ethereum is inflationary, and therefore has no fixed supply - it seems like a terrible long term investment. Can someone please explain why so much money is getting pumped into it right now?

Ethereum is going Proof-of-Stake within, oh, maybe 6 months in the Serenity release using the Casper PoS algo...
So the Ethereum Global Supercomputer (EVN) that serves blockchain features via Turing-complete custom functions...
Will have a fixed amount of "gas" to pay for cycles (ETH)... which will circulate endlessly throughout the ecosystem.

https://blog.ethereum.org/2015/12/28/understanding-serenity-part-2-casper/

It's as if there was a fixed amount of energy on earth in the form of "energy tokens"...
And the exponential increase in human energy usage MUST translate into exponential increase in the value of "energy tokens".

Right now ETH is doing > 30,000 tx/day with no large commercials apps yet released...
Exponential growth in both tx/day... and the price of Ether is a good bet due to the PoS rollout.

https://stats.etherchain.org/dashboard/db/transactions?theme=light

Bitcoin is down 50% since late-2013 and developing at a truly glacial pace...  
So if you wanna speculate on a crypto-ecosystem that could blow by Bitcoin by orders of magnitude in 12-24 months... don't expect "cheap".

Fademigo

Activity: 201
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 08:07:42 AM

I don't understand why so much money is flowing into Ethereum. Given that Ethereum is inflationary, and therefore has no fixed supply - it seems like a terrible long term investment. Can someone please explain why so much money is getting pumped into it right now?

Ethereum is inflationary at the moment. The inflation is 26% a year. From the next year, when it becomes PoS, the inflation is much lower.
Naughtid

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:12:55 AM

Ethereum is inflationary at the moment. The inflation is 26% a year. From the next year, when it becomes PoS, the inflation is much lower.

I heard the total amount will be kept below 100 million next year. So the price could rise when that become effect.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:35:20 AM

I heard the total amount will be kept below 100 million next year. So the price could rise when that become effect.

it is for the same reason why there always been money flying around all over the altcoin market, it is because of pumps, whenever there is pump a lot of traders rush to the market to put their money down and catch the rocket to the moon.
it is all the hype that causes the rise and falls.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
bestluck

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 08:20:32 AM

It is not good to say the ethereum price increase as artificial increase, as I am seeing that the price increase is natural  because of peopel interest in that currency and it is also true that the price will go down again very sooner.
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 02:03:59 PM

Yes, of course. And that means - ETH price will go down with time - I think in one year time.  Smiley
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2974

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 02:34:07 PM

the price of ethereum is high as of now and i think people are converting in ethereum because they are affraid about bitcoin what will happen after block halving.. and ethereum is still strong i thought that the price of bitcoin few weeks ago after the continues price increase of bitcoin we see that more trader are dumping ethereum but now the price is back again high..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mandica

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 01:55:32 PM

the price of ethereum is high as of now and i think people are converting in ethereum because they are affraid about bitcoin what will happen after block halving.. and ethereum is still strong i thought that the price of bitcoin few weeks ago after the continues price increase of bitcoin we see that more trader are dumping ethereum but now the price is back again high..

Why should people be afraid of bitcoin halving. It should increase the bitcoin price as long as there are enough demand.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 07:06:41 PM

or people just want to change their BTC in ETH because they think ETH has the brighter future.

Ethereum might have more uses and power but if the supply is continually inflating, how can there be a good long term return?
I mean it is possible but the adoption needed would need to be tremendous. Where as if BTC ONLY is a store of value and gets
just a small % of the wealth it will be huge.

I do think Ethereum is a promising tech but not having an end in sight regarding number of ETH is very alarming.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 12:24:23 PM

or people just want to change their BTC in ETH because they think ETH has the brighter future.

Ethereum might have more uses and power but if the supply is continually inflating, how can there be a good long term return?
I mean it is possible but the adoption needed would need to be tremendous. Where as if BTC ONLY is a store of value and gets

I do think Ethereum is a promising tech but not having an end in sight regarding number of ETH is very alarming.

I agree with that. I heard the PoS inflation will be low to keep the price up. As long as it is lower than 1%, its price will rise.
Naughtid

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 07:37:37 PM

I agree with that. I heard the PoS inflation will be low to keep the price up. As long as it is lower than 1%, its price will rise.

The PoS has been delayed for some time. The PoS interest rate has not been decided yet. We do not know.
Frost

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 07:38:56 PM

I see more use in Ethereum compared to Bitcoin. So, I don't think Ethereum is a bubble, while Bitcoin is a bubble.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 08:05:36 PM

No, it's not. Some people don't have the appetite for risk that the less experienced investors on this board display. Warren Buffet would bite out your throat for a chance at 40-60 percent returns. Better a bird in your hand than two in the Bush.
mandica

Activity: 693

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 05:21:21 PM

I see more use in Ethereum compared to Bitcoin. So, I don't think Ethereum is a bubble, while Bitcoin is a bubble.

The Ethereum has a strong development team and user community. There are many new applications based on Ethereum.
Argon2

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 05:33:18 PM

As OP says you can see the market manipulation clearly. Speculative opinion is ETH loses 400% of its value by 2018 if not sooner (depends if whales get bored sooner). Besides, Ethereum is a mutable chain that reverses transactions so it's "blockchain" value is ZERO.
eXpl0sive

Activity: 574
Merit: 502

waiting to explode

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 05:40:34 PM

As OP says you can see the market manipulation clearly. Speculative opinion is ETH loses 400% of its value by 2018 if not sooner (depends if whales get bored sooner). Besides, Ethereum is a mutable chain that reverses transactions so it's "blockchain" value is ZERO.

Bumping a year-old thread just to spread your FUD? Lemme guess...  missed the ETH train?  It was $10 when this thread was posted and it is $250 now. Why because it's just market manipulation?  Then I think we have even bigger manipulation with BTC.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
SwedishGirl

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Looking for shmexy coins!

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:33:15 PM

Ethereum is not in a bubble, unfortunately at the present moment it has even more utility than BTC. But I believe Vitalik is getting to complacent and will screw it eventually.
cyborg1

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:36:15 PM

Lol OP is not aware that polo has no USD ,only USDT which is a crypto too.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: