Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:39:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just mortgaged my house to buy ethereum(Back in baby!)  (Read 13221 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 04:50:14 AM

Summary - jgray    Picture/Text
Name:    jgray
Activity:    5
Position:    Newbie
Date Registered:    February 12, 2014, 09:23:00 PM
Last Active:    December 16, 2015, 06:26:24 AM

All in whom ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 04:51:25 AM

I think we need an update on how the mother of his children feels about this.
Ahhh who cares, she and the kids are irrelevant to all of this.  This isn't as bad as that guy who sold his house for bitcoin.  That took some cojones.

Uhh no that is dumb.

You can't compare Bitcoin with ETH.
One is a scammy IPO and the other is not.

sirslayer

Activity: 540
Merit: 501

chickens and cryptos

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 07:19:08 AM

ill give up a kidney for some BTC or ETH...      Tongue

just kidding!!
sirslayer

Activity: 540
Merit: 501

chickens and cryptos

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 07:27:22 AM

and to the OP,  dont ever goto a coin doubler site..   but it can be very tempting...     

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 07:30:41 AM

In response to the OP's topic here i say..

The only people worse than taking advice from other than a Bitcointalk Altcoin Section User..

is a Bitcointalk Altcoin Section NOOBY User  Cheesy

Account registered 5 days ago ?
3 comments hyping XYZ flavor of the month coin ?

Sell / Mortgage your house NOW !!! BUY XYZ !!!! MOOOON ! Lambo's Cool

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 07:33:22 AM

Hi guys,

I'm a father of 1 with another 1 on its way Smiley
I've been watching some of Vitalik's videos. He is just amazing. I have a really good feeling about Ethereum. I just mortgaged my house to buy a lot of the Ethereum gas. I showed my wife the video's and she says that if I can understand it then it's probably a good idea. While I'm a little nervous about losing everything, I needed to find someway to pay for my children's future. How high do you guys think Ethereum will go? I'm not crazy am I?

Cheers, Bean

This kind of post I take as an indicator of an upcoming crash in Ethereum. It reminds me of stories about shoeshine boys speculating on stocks just before the 1929 crash. It also leads to an idea involving crypto currency and real estate. 1) Buy a crypto currency with strong long term fundamentals. 2) Hold until the market recognizes the fundamentals. 3) Sell a small portion once the market has recognized the fundamentals. 4) Use the proceeds to purchase real estate for cash (no mortgage), by making low ball offers on properties in foreclosure or about to go into foreclosure.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
piranha

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 07:58:24 AM

[/quote]

This kind of post I take as an indicator of an upcoming crash in Ethereum. It reminds me of stories about shoeshine boys speculating on stocks just before the 1929 crash. It also leads to an idea involving crypto currency and real estate. 1) Buy a crypto currency with strong long term fundamentals. 2) Hold until the market recognizes the fundamentals. 3) Sell a small portion once the market has recognized the fundamentals. 4) Use the proceeds to purchase real estate for cash (no mortgage), by making low ball offers on properties in foreclosure or about to go into foreclosure.

[/quote]

I agree with your logic .. However Ethereum isn't known outside of the crypto community. When it's hits mainstream news, and your buddy who works at the grocery store is talking about it.. Then sell half, and sell the other when it starts to crash. Then buy back cheap..
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 08:22:15 AM

Bad idea. You missed the boat. Go invest in SHIFT instead.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1155284.0

It will probably never be as big as Ethereum but it has better chance of making you money by investing today.

samspaces
Legendary

Activity: 1452
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 08:26:19 AM

If you are going all in on Ethereum with shit you don't have, you are COMPLETELY out of your mind.
You are leverage betting everything on something that has been a high risk investment by design.

FYI: the Ether team got some 30000 BTC with the sale of 60 million ether tokens. This consortium is driving
the price up. If you don't want to believe that, fine. The days of buying something dirt cheap and getting
filthy rich are over. Says who? Says 1000+ shitcoin releases over the past years. Ethereum is just another one.
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 08:37:01 AM

If you are going all in on Ethereum with shit you don't have, you are COMPLETELY out of your mind.
You are leverage betting everything on something that has been a high risk investment by design.

FYI: the Ether team got some 30000 BTC with the sale of 60 million ether tokens. This consortium is driving
the price up. If you don't want to believe that, fine. The days of buying something dirt cheap and getting
filthy rich are over. Says who? Says 1000+ shitcoin releases over the past years. Ethereum is just another one.

You're wrong. The days of getting rich off cryptocoins hasn't even started yet.

SuperBean (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 09:01:55 PM

Hi guys,

Wow, thanks for all the replys and advice. Due to the recent price trend down I'm not going to say I'm panicing but tensions are a little high around here. Do you think the price is going to go back up in the near future?
Cheers,
Bean

[Hi Internet, This is Beans wife. I saw my husband typing this and am butting in. Basically we are down ~$20,000 right now and I am not happy. Is this normal for these digtal money investments? What should I do if it goes much lower then in is now besides try and find another husband?]

Hi guys,

I've been watching some of Vitalik's videos. He is just amazing. I have a really good feeling about Ethereum. I just mortgaged my house to buy a lot of the Ethereum gas. I showed my wife the video's and she says that if I can understand it then it's probably a good idea. While I'm a little nervous about losing everything, I needed to find someway to pay for my children's future. How high do you guys think Ethereum will go? I'm not crazy am I?

Cheers, Bean
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 11:08:39 PM

Hi guys,

Wow, thanks for all the replys and advice. Due to the recent price trend down I'm not going to say I'm panicing but tensions are a little high around here. Do you think the price is going to go back up in the near future?
Cheers,
Bean

[Hi Internet, This is Beans wife. I saw my husband typing this and am butting in. Basically we are down ~$20,000 right now and I am not happy. Is this normal for these digtal money investments? What should I do if it goes much lower then in is now besides try and find another husband?]

Hi guys,

Cheers, Bean
Pretty creative, lamby. You must be super bored to be trolling in this shithole.
partysaurus

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:00:34 AM

Hi guys,

Cheers,
Bean

Hi guys,

Cheers, Bean
Pretty creative, lamby. You must be super bored to be trolling in this shithole.

its pretty funny Cheesy since all the eth hypers are so agressive its better to just make fun of them in a more creative way. less drama that way i guess Cheesy
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 05:08:59 AM

That pic is WHY Chef Ramsay stopped Kitchen Nightmares !
Google "Amy's Baking Company"
PS: i had first dibs on her on the web too and boy was it fun.
She went to IMDB to defend herself after the show aired..
But it had aired in Canada before the USA so i was literally the only guy around who seen the show FIRST !
And of all people on Earth that crazy cunt ran into Spoetnik (on IMDB forums)  Shocked
It was fun batting the "Crazy" mouse around.. being careful not to kill it !

Sort of like dealing with Militant ETH supporters.. no contest at all (their greedy morons)

A big ass angry aggressive FUD crying circle-jerk of scammy selfish greedy idiots who will fade away like ghosts later.
If you been here long enough you seen this same dumb BS play out endlessly.

piranha

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 05:34:57 AM

http://i63.tinypic.com/taq3cx.jpg

That pic is WHY Chef Ramsay stopped Kitchen Nightmares !
Google "Amy's Baking Company"
PS: i had first dibs on her on the web too and boy was it fun.
She went to IMDB to defend herself after the show aired..
But it had aired in Canada before the USA so i was literally the only guy around who seen the show FIRST !
And of all people on Earth that crazy cunt ran into Spoetnik (on IMDB forums)  Shocked
It was fun batting the "Crazy" mouse around.. being careful not to kill it !

Sort of like dealing with Militant ETH supporters.. no contest at all (their greedy morons)

A big ass angry aggressive FUD crying circle-jerk of scammy selfish greedy idiots who will fade away like ghosts later.

It must be satisfing and, tough..  Being on altcoin forums bashing all the shitcoins .. Being so illuminated and knowledgeable on all shitcoins.. Someone who is gunning for the poor ignorant coin seekers. Guiding the masses who seek the truth.  The world can sleep better knowing your here out of the kindness of your heart!
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 05:59:13 AM

-snipped-

It must be satisfing and, tough..  Being on altcoin forums bashing all the shitcoins .. Being so illuminated and knowledgeable on all shitcoins.. Someone who is gunning for the poor ignorant coin seekers. Guiding the masses who seek the truth.  The world can sleep better knowing your here out of the kindness of your heart!

YES indeed i AM a searing white hot comet of awesome and YES in fact i am the official knower & haver of all things seen & known in the Altcoin scene now & forever so please don't be jealous of my grand poignant and articulate feats of grandiose wisdom i bestow on the common folk.. be grateful and learn from the master.

By the way.. topic "Re: I just mortgaged my house to buy ethereum"

nuff said .

Vastraint

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 09:00:48 AM

If you mortgaged your house two months ago to buy Etheruem, it was a good investment. But now, it is quite risky.

SuperBean (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 09:02:19 PM

This guy knows what I'm talking about. Am I right or am I right?!

And an update. My investment it seems is working out quite nice.

Im seriously thinking about dumping a shit tonne of btc into eth and going all in on eth.
Am i crazy?
mxnsch

Activity: 471
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 10:05:59 PM

OP is a troll and a fucking idiot. I am mostly sorry for his family and hope there are no real kids involved.

██  ███  nope ██  ███
partysaurus

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 12:16:05 AM

OP is a troll and a fucking idiot. I am mostly sorry for his family and hope there are no real kids involved.

i have to give him some creed its abit funny Cheesy no one would be so stupid to take a loan on his house to invest and risking hes familys life Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: