Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:07:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we find Bitcoin wallet?  (Read 4382 times)
Nameless Coin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 09:03:44 PM

Mostly its not possible to find out who's bitcoin address and it is good that this is not possible because that will also ruin peoples life.
Some people registered it but that us just their own choice.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zergenyt09

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 08:22:54 AM

I doubt that is possible imo, They can link between your wallets if you do concurrent transactions involving both of them but I don't think they can know what wallet they belong to at least directly.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 02:42:43 PM

Mostly its not possible to find out who's bitcoin address and it is good that this is not possible because that will also ruin peoples life.
Nonsense. Please stop posting if you don't know what you're talking about. This would not ruin anyone's life at all. The only way that this could really affect you negatively is if you did illegal things.

I doubt that is possible imo, They can link between your wallets if you do concurrent transactions involving both of them but I don't think they can know what wallet they belong to at least directly.
Please read the whole thread.

You really didn't bother to read the first post in the thread, right? Sounds like you only have read the topic and wrote something in here fast.
Some people tend to only read the first one and there are some that don't even do that. It does become pretty obvious if there was some discussion in the thread though.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bankingbtc

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 02:58:10 PM

Can we find out which online wallet a particular bitcoin address belongs to?I keep my coins at blockchain.info and some coins at Zebpay,Is it possible for someone to identify which address belongs to which of above wallet or any wallet?
i doubt that as you can use an address on any wallet you want as long as you have the private key of that address

no one will know on what website or program the wallet address is used but they can know that its your address if you will post it often
SebastianJu
Legendary

Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 03:55:53 PM

You really didn't bother to read the first post in the thread, right? Sounds like you only have read the topic and wrote something in here fast.
Some people tend to only read the first one and there are some that don't even do that. It does become pretty obvious if there was some discussion in the thread though.

Right... the funny thing is, the moment I opened the next thread after I posted here, I found another post of that user. And guess what how his post sounded. Cheesy

I placed a warning to him but judging form his posting habit I'm sure it won't be read. Cheesy

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Freshmen

Activity: 334

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 04:10:56 PM

I don't think it is possible to recognize the user wallet just from the address, Mostly the only way is recognizing a computer wallet from an online wallet by the fact that addresses are linked in PC wallets while they are not in online browser wallets.
Sengoko

Activity: 491
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 04:22:51 PM

You can not i think, there is no direct linking and details about wallet in transaction details but the IP can provide some info....
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 04:24:01 PM

I don't think it is possible to recognize the user wallet just from the address, Mostly the only way is recognizing a computer wallet from an online wallet by the fact that addresses are linked in PC wallets while they are not in online browser wallets.

Bullshit. Both types of wallets can prevent spend links.

You can not i think, there is no direct linking and details about wallet in transaction details but the IP can provide some info....

TX have no obvious IPs.

Is there a nest somewhere?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
offlinedragon

Activity: 135

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 04:50:25 PM

Nope there is no way to recognize a wallet just from a transaction... if you are afraid of being targeted somehow then that is not a serious risk since both of these wallets have encrypted usernames. a PC wallet is better imo
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 04:59:21 PM

Nope there is no way to recognize a wallet just from a transaction... if you are afraid of being targeted somehow then that is not a serious risk since both of these wallets have encrypted usernames. a PC wallet is better imo

Then I tell you how it's possible.

You have a wallet on your pc, normal standard wallet. You receive a payment for a legal service on one address, another payment for a loan to another address. Then a payment you receive a payment from an illegal drug selling website. After that you send out a payment, doesn't matter to which address. The payment is that high that it needs bitcoins from all three addresses. Well, you might have posted the address to receive the coins to the legal service, maybe your real name is even connected to it. Though because you sent the transaction, everyone now knows that you received payments for the loan and from the illegal drug selling website. Now it's proven that you either use drugs or sell drugs. You can be tracked down because of the other addresses.

It's even worse when using change addresses because you lose the oversight about the addresses you use. You might be fully visible then.

zergenyt09

Activity: 297

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 05:04:02 PM

You have a wallet on your pc, normal standard wallet. You receive a payment for a legal service on one address, another payment for a loan to another address. Then a payment you receive a payment from an illegal drug selling website. After that you send out a payment, doesn't matter to which address. The payment is that high that it needs bitcoins from all three addresses. Well, you might have posted the address to receive the coins to the legal service, maybe your real name is even connected to it. Though because you sent the transaction, everyone now knows that you received payments for the loan and from the illegal drug selling website. Now it's proven that you either use drugs or sell drugs. You can be tracked down because of the other addresses.

It's even worse when using change addresses because you lose the oversight about the addresses you use. You might be fully visible then.
isn't OP is asking about people recognizing that he is using what wallet "for example blockchain.info" and not about addresses being linked exactly.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 05:40:34 PM

isn't OP is asking about people recognizing that he is using what wallet "for example blockchain.info" and not about addresses being linked exactly.

Both. He fears being recognized personally and that his wallet is found.

With the above scenario the wallet type would be only found when it is an online wallet with shared wallet. If they can find out the wallet they could ask the persons behind to give them the user details. Though that is not even needed when making errors with receiving and sending bitcoins.

kiloiko

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 06:57:34 PM

all wallets use shared addresses to cover for a single transaction both PC based and online ones
dearbesz

Activity: 375

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 07:34:07 AM

yes! there's so many ways here for you to get a wallet bitcoin address,
blockchain, bittex, poloniex, cex.io, yobit.net and coins.ph... Smiley
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 10:07:56 AM

Can we find out which online wallet a particular bitcoin address belongs to?I keep my coins at blockchain.info and some coins at Zebpay,Is it possible for someone to identify which address belongs to which of above wallet or any wallet?

You mean or are you asking if it is possible to trace or identify the person who are using the bitcoin address , well if that was indeed ill answer you , it is impossible to identify which person is using the address that you want to trace because we are all anonymous to other person please let me know if i answered you in the way that is not related to your question . And i apologize in advance .
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 12:18:36 PM

All i know we can find a Bitcoin wallet in any legit exchange....
Cozynunu

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 02:08:39 PM

It is not that hard to find a wallet and that is because you have to know which wallet is nice to use and which one is the safest so that is important.
And the most popular wallet is I think the Blockchain.
tiffyroman

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 02:40:05 PM

It's actually possible to know the identity of a certain bitcoin address owner but that would require high skills of stalking and hacking, assuming that there's no information given at all.
ITVS

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 11:47:29 PM

Nobody is forcing you to use web wallets. Actually it is not recommended to use one.
Please can you explain why this is the case.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 12:15:14 AM

Nobody is forcing you to use web wallets. Actually it is not recommended to use one.
Please can you explain why this is the case.
A lot of reasons.Below are a few which I could think of right now.
-Your coins are not stored in your actual wallet but a 3rd party wallet ,the chances of they having your private keys are 0-100.

-Since it only requires a password to hack into a web wallet,attacks of simple keyloggers or remote attacks by team viewer are more.

-Phishing Links.Another reason why you should avoid web wallets.Look around for Blockchain.info phishing links.

-No Custom access available.You cannot set your custom fees,you can't customize your transactions as you can probably do with Core/Electrum.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: