Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:32:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: localbitcoins account to another account at localbitcoins  (Read 445 times)
gvuandrew (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 11:20:49 AM

Hi, I am trying to finalize my first transaction at localbitcoins.com , it would be in person and in cash

The seller 'claims' that the transfer is instant, no waiting like a wallet to wallet

I want to know if in fact that is true, and if so, should i be aware of any risk. Like say he transfers to my account at localbitcoins.com and I see it there, is there any risk at all there could be a problem with his bitcoins at that point?
and is he correct that normally when dealing with wallet to wallet (outside of localbitcoins.com) there is in fact a delay of even up to around an hour) but there isn't any delay when moving from 1 account at localbitcoins to another account.

thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryingMidget

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 02:14:07 PM

Hi, I am trying to finalize my first transaction at localbitcoins.com , it would be in person and in cash

The seller 'claims' that the transfer is instant, no waiting like a wallet to wallet

I want to know if in fact that is true, and if so, should i be aware of any risk. Like say he transfers to my account at localbitcoins.com and I see it there, is there any risk at all there could be a problem with his bitcoins at that point?
and is he correct that normally when dealing with wallet to wallet (outside of localbitcoins.com) there is in fact a delay of even up to around an hour) but there isn't any delay when moving from 1 account at localbitcoins to another account.

thanks

I haven't tried before pal, But each and every new addresses will save in your own address list. and I don't feell there is any risk in LBC to LBc account transfers!!!
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 02:27:48 PM

thanks

Seller probably does think you want to deal over the website and not in person.

On the website the deal is instant because the seller holds the bitcoin on the site and the buyer receives the bitcoins on his account. Then he can withdraw to his wallet.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3196

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:10:56 AM

I have done many face-to-face localbitcoins trades. The transfer from the seller's account to the buyer's account is instant because it is handled by the site and it is all done within LBC. When you transfer your bitcoins from LBC to your wallet, then it must go through the blockchain. But you can do that at your convenience.

If you can access LBC when you make the trade, you will see that you will be credited when the seller releases the bitcoins (but you may need to update the page).

If you don't have access to the site, you know that the bitcoins have been transferred to your account if the seller can tell you the verification code.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: