Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:53:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for 2000 LTC loan (2200 back in 1 mon); will also consider other altcoin  (Read 1006 times)
ThaddeusB (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 05:20:58 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2013, 06:21:58 PM by ThaddeusB

Hello,

I am looking for a 2000 LTC loan.  I will repay 2200 LTC after 30 days, or can negotiate other terms that the lender prefers.

I have already repaid a 10 BTC loan (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=133322.0).  At current rates, this loan would be smaller than that one in dollar/BTC terms.  See the first post of that thread for other reasons to trust me.

Funds will be used to trade LTC on the various exchanges.  My strategy will be a combination of arbitrage situations, market making, and day trading.  I have successfully traded stocks for 10+ years, so have a good idea what I am doing. Smiley  In the worst case scenario that I somehow lose all the coins, I can easily repay from my USD (or BTC) assets even if LTC were to somehow go to several dollars per coin.

I would also consider taking loans in other altcoins with similar loan terms for the same purpose.  

Post or PM any questions,
Thaddeus

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hathmill

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 06:36:52 AM

Hmm already enough funds to buy 2000 LTC but want to lend it instead.... Hmm could it be that you want to go short LTC? Hmmm  Wink. Sorry I do not want to help driving down price of LTC, but I wish you good luck in your trading!
ThaddeusB (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 06:24:07 PM

Hmm already enough funds to buy 2000 LTC but want to lend it instead.... Hmm could it be that you want to go short LTC? Hmmm  Wink. Sorry I do not want to help driving down price of LTC, but I wish you good luck in your trading!

Actually I'd prefer to keep my BTC for BTC trading.  A sale of 2000 LTC at market would drop it precisely 0.00001 BTC at present, so I don't think 2k can have any real effect on market prices.
hathmill

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 06:34:26 PM

Actually I'd prefer to keep my BTC for BTC trading.  A sale of 2000 LTC at market would drop it precisely 0.00001 BTC at present, so I don't think 2k can have any real effect on market prices.

well put +1
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 10:58:22 PM

Hello,

I am looking for a 2000 LTC loan.  I will repay 2200 LTC after 30 days, or can negotiate other terms that the lender prefers.

I have already repaid a 10 BTC loan (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=133322.0).  At current rates, this loan would be smaller than that one in dollar/BTC terms.  See the first post of that thread for other reasons to trust me.

Funds will be used to trade LTC on the various exchanges.  My strategy will be a combination of arbitrage situations, market making, and day trading.  I have successfully traded stocks for 10+ years, so have a good idea what I am doing. Smiley  In the worst case scenario that I somehow lose all the coins, I can easily repay from my USD (or BTC) assets even if LTC were to somehow go to several dollars per coin.

I would also consider taking loans in other altcoins with similar loan terms for the same purpose.  

Thaddeus

I'm just curious. If you have been 'successfully' trading stocks for 10 years.....  dont you  have 125usd to buy 2000 ltc's ?

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 11:20:48 PM

Hello,

Thaddeus

I'm just curious. If you have been 'successfully' trading stocks for 10 years.....  dont you  have 125usd to buy 2000 ltc's ?

+1 OP makes no sense. Claims to have a successful track record of trading 10+ years but can't dish out ~$130 to buy 2000 LTC. Explanation?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

ThaddeusB (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 01:54:40 AM

+1 OP makes no sense. Claims to have a successful track record of trading 10+ years but can't dish out ~$130 to buy 2000 LTC. Explanation?

Getting funds into BTC-e is not free in terms of time, effort, or even money.  It's more economical to me to pay ~$13 of interest than go through the hassle and expense of buying in directly.  In addition, dealing directly in LTC protects me against exchange rate risk.

Like I said in the linked post, I am happy to provide proof $50k of online assets if a lender desires. 
DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 01:58:53 AM

Getting funds into BTC-e is not free in terms of time, effort, or even money.  It's more economical to me to pay ~$13 of interest than go through the hassle and expense of buying in directly.  In addition, dealing directly in LTC protects me against exchange rate risk.

Like I said in the linked post, I am happy to provide proof $50k of online assets if a lender desires. 

thinking about it

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 02:25:03 AM

Getting BTC into BTC-e takes about 90minutes max.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

ThaddeusB (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 11:35:13 PM

Getting BTC into BTC-e takes about 90minutes max.

Like I said, I want to keep my BTC for BTC trading... and buying more BTC certainly is not hassle free, at least in my experience.

Anyway, I received the requested loan via PM, so I'm good for now unless someone wants to lend me a different altcoin.

Thanks,
Thaddeus
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 01:46:53 PM

A bit late but ThaddeusB's previous loan with me went well.. Vouch.
sceeth0

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 03:16:28 PM

I was the lender in this case.  I can vouch that the loan has been repaid.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: