Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:58:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [TIP] EDIT: Vanillacoin rebranded ! Now is Vcash XVC #fintech #azure #microsoft  (Read 3439 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
EmilioMann (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 03:27:41 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2016, 05:54:25 PM by EmilioMann

Next week vanilla coin, the only coin with zero time transactions and the only one that poloniex audited the code and accept with just 1 confirmation, will be rebranded to Vcash and XVC.
Pretty cool!  Grin

And her anon system known as CHAINBLENDER is in open and final tests. https://talk.vanillacoin.net/topic/346/version-0-4-4-rc2-release

Take a look at this video. That anon is very fast! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNZokOdR5c4
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 03:30:39 PM

Not a big fan of the name Vcash but that's just me.

I'd be more interested in a windows wallet update that;
- accepts RPC (solomining);
- is resizable;
- doesn't linger around in the background when you close it.

Not your keys, not your coins!
EmilioMann (OP)
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 03:37:46 PM

"vanilla" has weird meanings in some countries
For example, in Brazil the word "baunilha" (vanilla) is used by BDSM enthusiasts
I think Vcash is a much more commercial name
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 03:43:37 PM

Cash implies physical notes or coins which it has nothing to do with. And V is just a letter bolted in front of it.

If you search for the word vanilla in google images there's no BDSM there, in fact it's clear what vanilla is.

Whatever, I have nothing to do with the coin, I just find the new name weird. And I would like a decent win wallet.

Not your keys, not your coins!
EmilioMann (OP)
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 03:51:40 PM

New thin wallets are in development

hughbt

Activity: 613
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 04:35:06 PM

Cash implies physical notes or coins which it has nothing to do with. And V is just a letter bolted in front of it.

If you search for the word vanilla in google images there's no BDSM there, in fact it's clear what vanilla is.

Whatever, I have nothing to do with the coin, I just find the new name weird. And I would like a decent win wallet.

That's why the name is virtual cash(Vcash), not just cash. Following the same reasoning you can say that name bitCOIN implies physical coins. This is just nitpicking. From what I've seen most people like this name but it's just a matter of personal preferences so no point in arguing. Hovewer I agree with you that windows wallet could use some improvement but it's not just another clone wallet and its still in the development phase so I can understand it's not perfect.
Ruskii

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 01:44:34 AM

the dev of vanilla is one of the best out there... with ZeroTime and so on! This alt has a lot of potential!
bigfryguy

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 02:33:27 AM

Vcash doesnt pump, it just keeps growing!!!! 

EmilioMann (OP)
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 03:14:19 AM

Vcash doesnt pump, it just keeps growing!!!!  

^ this ^ !
Ragde Omrac

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 04:03:22 AM

There will be no better time to buy Vcash as now, for 10 cents. After the name change, 1 dolar may be cheap.
hughbt

Activity: 613
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 01:23:30 PM

Time for Chinese members of our community to update/start new threads at Chinese forums. Name should no longer be an issue. Let's get added to btc38.  Smiley
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 05:15:09 PM

Vanilla is mo better than V cash
connotation wise

V$
-or-
$V

and call it Vanilla Ca$h

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
EmilioMann (OP)
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 01:59:49 PM

The new logo

PrimusInterPares

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 02:10:04 PM

My first thought when I saw the image: The Visa logo with red background  Roll Eyes

Confusingly!

The new logo

EmilioMann (OP)
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 09:50:42 PM

Cool
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 11:02:39 PM

I think the VCash name is much better than Vanillacoin too, but as the other user posted above, I think if you want people to take this coin more seriously you need to work on the wallet some more. The new pop-out window is confusing, as is the transactions history.

I can only see the very most recent transactions in the wallet. Where do I go to review transactions that happened way in the past? I have a few wallets with balances left for the early days of Vanillacoin and I can't tell if the balance is accurate or not as there is no way to review transactions that I am aware of, this is a big killer for me.

The other killer is the staking. It would be nice to have some more information on when the staking will release the coins for use. Right now a random amount will appear in staking mode and no way to know when they will release. Also it would be nice to display more information on the interest rate of the staking, or how old the coins are, etc.

Basically, the dearth of information is very frustrating and I think significant improvements can be made in this area.
EmilioMann (OP)
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 11:09:37 PM

I think the VCash name is much better than Vanillacoin too, but as the other user posted above, I think if you want people to take this coin more seriously you need to work on the wallet some more. The new pop-out window is confusing, as is the transactions history.

I can only see the very most recent transactions in the wallet. Where do I go to review transactions that happened way in the past? I have a few wallets with balances left for the early days of Vanillacoin and I can't tell if the balance is accurate or not as there is no way to review transactions that I am aware of, this is a big killer for me.

The other killer is the staking. It would be nice to have some more information on when the staking will release the coins for use. Right now a random amount will appear in staking mode and no way to know when they will release. Also it would be nice to display more information on the interest rate of the staking, or how old the coins are, etc.

Basically, the dearth of information is very frustrating and I think significant improvements can be made in this area.

new wallets will be released in the coming days with anonymous transactions implemented (chainblender).
Are you using the latest wallet version? 0.4.3 http://www.v.cash/wallets.php
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 11:23:50 PM

I had downloaded the latest prior to the re-branding, maybe the version from a week or so back. I was going to wait until after the conversion to VCash was over before upgrading again. Are you saying some of the wallet concerns are finally being addressed? If so, then I indeed welcome the news.
EmilioMann (OP)
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 02:32:07 AM

I had downloaded the latest prior to the re-branding, maybe the version from a week or so back. I was going to wait until after the conversion to VCash was over before upgrading again. Are you saying some of the wallet concerns are finally being addressed? If so, then I indeed welcome the news.

John Connor said that will add several new things in the next wallet. I believe some are what you're asking.
Anyway, it would be nice if you put your criticism on the official forum, as the devs no longer appear on bitcointalk because of trolls and fudders https://v.cash/forum/
EmilioMann (OP)
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 06:35:57 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2016, 05:29:38 PM by EmilioMann

Rebranded!

New twitter: https://twitter.com/vdotcash
New forum: https://v.cash/forum/
New irc: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#Vcash
New wallets with anon transactions (chainblender) implemented: https://v.cash/wallets.php

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: