Bitcoin Forum
September 19, 2024, 05:07:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: S3 Issues  (Read 542 times)
resalerascal (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 08:49:23 PM

Hello all,

I'm new to mining and started with an S5 I got off ebay. The s5 took me about 10 minutes to get going so I felt pretty confident. I also bought several s3's, but am having difficulties getting them going. After entering 192.168.1.99 and nothing connecting I searched and found http://192.168.0.105 to get me to the homepage.
It looks different than any I've seen from google searches or youtube videos. It never asked for a password, just about the only tabs that I can select are
system and network.
There is nothing on the overview and when I go to try to change the password it times out or cant be reached just like when I select any of the other tabs. the status page is also void of IP address,Mac-address etc.
Am I doing something wrong or is this machine a bust? TIA for your patience with this newb
gt_addict

Activity: 2534
Merit: 623

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 09:46:23 PM

Got any screenshots of the homepage you've described?

Only thing I can think of is resetting it and hoping it sorts it.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 12:17:08 AM

Hello all,

I'm new to mining and started with an S5 I got off ebay. The s5 took me about 10 minutes to get going so I felt pretty confident. I also bought several s3's, but am having difficulties getting them going. After entering 192.168.1.99 and nothing connecting I searched and found http://192.168.0.105 to get me to the homepage.
It looks different than any I've seen from google searches or youtube videos. It never asked for a password, just about the only tabs that I can select are
system and network.
There is nothing on the overview and when I go to try to change the password it times out or cant be reached just like when I select any of the other tabs. the status page is also void of IP address,Mac-address etc.
Am I doing something wrong or is this machine a bust? TIA for your patience with this newb

Possibly somebody flashed a software update to the miner and bricked it, and sold it to you as "working". I have had this issue a few times, but first find the reset button on the miner and click it. It should reset ip and you SHOULD be able to scan and find the ip address of the miner.
If it is actually bricked, you're screwed unless you're willing to pay ~50$ for a s3 controller, but really the cost is too high and if it is really bricked, just sell it or link boards up to a pc via a cp210x. But first we'll hope for the best and assume the reset is what you need Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: