Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 01:29:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anybody have any information sources explaining bitcoin?  (Read 1040 times)
jsmit332 (OP)

Activity: 792
Merit: 1001

Video editing • Animated GIFs • Graphic Design

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 08:50:36 PM

I have being using bitcoin for a while now but know little about its workings on a basic level. I would like to spend time researching how bitcoin works in terms of the cryptography used and networking. I have read the whitepaper and the bitcoin wiki but i was wondering if there was any other places that break it down more into more detail and make it more easy to understand for someone with no real background in cryptography. So really sources that break it down in detail but so it is also easy to understand.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 6746

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 09:35:18 PM

Try the documentation at bitcoin.org: https://bitcoin.org/en/developer-documentation.

jsmit332 (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 10:08:47 PM

Try the documentation at bitcoin.org: https://bitcoin.org/en/developer-documentation.

Wow! This is great thanks.

If anyone has any more feel free to post.
cameltoe

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 10:47:39 PM

Most people who search for Bitcoin will see Bitcoin.org as their first choice. Very informative site so it's a good start. To get even more technical you can try asking a Dev on here.
jsmit332 (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 11:33:17 PM

Most people who search for Bitcoin will see Bitcoin.org as their first choice. Very informative site so it's a good start. To get even more technical you can try asking a Dev on here.

Thanks for your response I am looking for a broad range of sources as i would like different ways of people explaining the concepts behind bitcoin - just in case i don't understand something on bitcoin.org - which is more than likely lol
Azarl

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 08:50:45 AM

Thanks for your response I am looking for a broad range of sources as i would like different ways of people explaining the concepts behind bitcoin - just in case i don't understand something on bitcoin.org - which is more than likely lol

Take a look here: http://www.coindesk.com/information/what-is-bitcoin/ I love the way things are explained there. Most commonly asked questions are answered as well.
LeNakko

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 10:20:48 AM

There was a time when I was also very curious how this whole bitcoin system Works.
I learned many things from here:http://www.federalreserve.gov/econresdata/feds/2014/files/2014104pap.pdf
Though I didnt really understand everything, as it is a bit complicated and you need basic cryptography knowledge to go through it easily, it helped me a lot to broad my view of bitcoins economy.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 01:24:27 PM

I have being using bitcoin for a while now but know little about its workings on a basic level. I would like to spend time researching how bitcoin works in terms of the cryptography used and networking. I have read the whitepaper and the bitcoin wiki but i was wondering if there was any other places that break it down more into more detail and make it more easy to understand for someone with no real background in cryptography. So really sources that break it down in detail but so it is also easy to understand.
Andreas has written a book on how bitcoin works, it's available free online.

jsmit332 (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 04:33:51 PM

There was a time when I was also very curious how this whole bitcoin system Works.
I learned many things from here:http://www.federalreserve.gov/econresdata/feds/2014/files/2014104pap.pdf
Though I didnt really understand everything, as it is a bit complicated and you need basic cryptography knowledge to go through it easily, it helped me a lot to broad my view of bitcoins economy.

Thanks!
jsmit332 (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 04:34:09 PM

Do you know what the book is called? or have a link to it?
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 05:35:40 PM

I'm sure about it, I have come across various videos in YouTube that gives clear description about Bitcoin and the technology running behind it. You too can find and make it useful.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
1dullgeek

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 05:53:30 PM

I didn't realize that Andreas' book was free online. I bought a copy on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1449374042

It's pretty good. I have only been through it once. It's pretty dense with information. I probably need to re-read it to re-assimilate what I glossed over the first time.
jsmit332 (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 06:06:17 PM

I didn't realize that Andreas' book was free online. I bought a copy on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1449374042

It's pretty good. I have only been through it once. It's pretty dense with information. I probably need to re-read it to re-assimilate what I glossed over the first time.

Thanks for the link!
ptcmadam@yahoo.com

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 03:54:53 AM

You can find a lot of information about bitcoin on this forum.
Its Nice.
jsmit332 (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 10:36:47 PM

You can find a lot of information about bitcoin on this forum.
Its Nice.

Yeah, whilst this forum is good, i would rather use reputable sources where all the information is in one place rather than searching though the threads where there is a risk of unreliable information.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 10:43:33 PM

If you like big news providers giving info, http://money.cnn.com/infographic/technology/what-is-bitcoin/
I would create a guide myself, but I don't have the time to do that right now. Possibly in the future because I understand btc on a middle level. Just enough for now, but possibly as a sr member. Smiley
mynameisdon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

i am don(ripper's big daddy).i clean scammers.

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 01:50:02 AM

every new person who are new in bitcoin,they go for bitcoin.org
bitcoin.org/faq here you can find all bitcoin components.how does its work,mining, trading,wallet...etc
so for beginners bitcoin.org is best.then after gaining little knowledge of bitcoin come on bitcointalk.org

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: