Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:38:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DICEonCrack attacked?  (Read 2863 times)
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 08:02:41 PM

Having said that, I think including users inputs in the payments is the only effective way you can protect against (this kind) of double-spend attacks.

MPEx sometimes allows 0conf from users. The rationale is that a double spend wouldn't help the attacker much as whatever missing funds can always be clawed back (say from the person's next withdrawal). So it's not exactly the only effective way, tho it may well be the only effective way in most cases.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SRoulette

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2013, 02:24:25 AM

I would not say that SDice and blockchain wallet "enabled" this attack.

Then you would be mistaken, No one is arguing that it is not a valid use of the blockchain, but it does directly enable the attack as I described.

We have our own method of protecting against double spends without creating chains that are easily double spent.
It has been successful thus far Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: