Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:23:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: An open letter to the miners  (Read 6166 times)
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 06:27:03 PM

Once again we have idiots calling upon other idiots to support larger blocks.

Your greatest fans are AntPool yet if you care to look at the 1 tx (i.e. empty) blocks over the last few days you'll see that they were all created by AntPool.

So if you think you are actually going to get *more txs* by supporting 2MB blocks then you are actually *very wrong* as the major pool supporting it creates "empty blocks" every day.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1389772.msg14127188#msg14127188

It is a pity that all intelligence has been thrown out of this debate a long time ago (maybe you should try and convince AntPool to stop mining empty blocks before demanding that everyone else should support 2MB blocks).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 06:36:31 PM

Your greatest fans are AntPool yet if you care to look at the 1 tx blocks over the last few days you'll see that they were all created by AntPool.

So if you think you are actually going to get *more txs* by supporting 2MB blocks then you are actually *very wrong* as the major pool supporting it creates "empty blocks" every day.

It is a pity that all intelligence has been thrown out of this debate a long time ago.

https://blockchain.info/

AntPool blocks are full, if they mine SOME that are empty because they want to add pressure to the situation all the power to them.

it is not your place to decide how miners should act, no amount of central planning from Core devs will change this.

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 06:37:43 PM

AntPool blocks are full, if they mine SOME that are empty because they want to add pressure to the situation all the power to them.

Then saying that we need bigger blocks is a "specious" argument when they are purposely mining empty blocks.

It is clear that the reason they are doing this is "purely political" (and do you really want to support some corrupt Chinese mining pool?).

(btw - this is the reason that the other Chinese mining pools *do not support them* as they have shown themselves to be dishonest)

I would have thought that you would not have been in support of corruption but perhaps you have been bought (along with the other bunch of shills supporting large blocks with no good reason to).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 06:41:47 PM

Then saying that we need bigger blocks is a "specious" argument when they are purposely mining empty blocks.

It is clear that the reason they are doing this is "purely political" (and do you really want to support some corrupt Chinese mining pool?).

(btw - this is the reason that the other Chinese mining pools *do not support them* as they have shown themselves to be dishonest)

you've got to be shitting me...

all this talk about the need for a capacity increase is a made up problem by AntPool

get real.

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 06:42:59 PM

all this talk about the need for a capacity increase is a made up problem by AntPool

The other Chinese pools are quite happy with Bitcoin Core - so no - I am not shitting you.

You have been duped by a pool claiming we need 2MB blocks yet mining empty blocks every day.

(that actually makes you look rather foolish to say the least)

Honestly I am pretty much certain your account was sold as you never used to post such crap years ago.

Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 07:25:17 PM

Who is that idiot in your Avatar?
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 07:25:51 PM

Who is that idiot in your Avatar?

Is that supposed to be funny?

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 10:29:32 PM

Dear miners,

I am a bitcoin investor, speculator, end user. I am asking you, no i am begging you, JUST DO IT!

I know you do not want to offend anyone or step on some toes; you want to make sure that when you put the 2MB limit in place it is because we have reached "consensus" on the issue. I BEG YOU, do not delay any longer, assert your power! do not wait for somthing that may never happen, do not let a dev believe they know better than you, or have more power than you, they don't, show them! let them feel the wrath of your hashes, Command their respect!

Put in place the 2MB limit TODAY, without their "approval". Put out some code of your own, gather >51% hashing power, and FORK us to the next level! if this offends the some poeple / core devs and they rage quit, GOOD! we dont want them trying to control bitcoin, it is not for them to control, bitcoin is OURS not theirs! amass 51% and take control!

As an investor / speculator, I promise you, if you can demonstrate that bitcoin's destiny isn't in the hands of any one group, but requires vast amounts of power to sway one way or the other,and that no amount of FUD can stop you/us; I will value bitcoin much more.

Time is now, do not delay, own the day!

JUST FORK IT

btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 12:27:57 AM

You have the option of rushing a decision and implementing something because you want to fix one thing and then you break something else. We all know bigger blocks = higher security risk. The other option, like the Core people are doing it now, is to concentrate on a manageable increase in the block size <SegWit> and to test the water, before you just dive in. The Classic approach is, reckless in my opinion and only a desperate attempt at a power grab.

They know the Core team have the best solution, but the Classic people focused only on the Block size to gain more favor with the crowd. Why the sudden stress tests from a unknown entity?    

To put it quite simply, you're wrong. Seems like you didn't do your homework and research of the issue. It screams that raising of blocksize is a must or Bitcoin is dead. Mark my words, if it doesn't happen in 6 months, Ethereum's gonna have bigger marketcap than Bitcoin, I'm long enough in crypto be very confident in what I said. Bitcoin going down 2x and Ethereum going up 3x, it can start tomorrow and be done in a week.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
P-Funk

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

Token

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:51:32 AM

Has there been much discussion on the disparity of power between Bitcoin owners/users, miners, and developers? Any thread with this topic?
ctlaltdefeat

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 01:15:16 AM

Is it crucial if they DONT do it? What would happen ?
It is crucial that they don't do it. Because if they do, they won't be able to spend their coins anywhere, or sell them, since nobody else is running their code. Their coins will be worthless and they'll have wasted their money mining them. It makes no difference whether they have 51% or not. Fortunately, miners are smarter than OP and won't do this.
is that true?so it happen just on people who mine bitcoins?or it also will happen to us who buy coins directly form miners?is this called "bitcoins classic" is still dont understand about that.
brownuser

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 06:54:27 PM

Has there been much discussion on the disparity of power between Bitcoin owners/users, miners, and developers? Any thread with this topic?

not THATS what I am wanting to hear ! Have bitcoin pool owners got some kind of scam going thats threatened by change ?

I dont claim to understand all of this but I would like to...and no one seems willing to share the knowledge .Does someone have to poke the hornets nest with a stick to get things in the open ? I mean ,Max Keiser  is GIVING AWAY full nodes to people in Botswana and some are saying that end users shouldnt run full nodes -it would be just jim dandy if only the core owners ran nodes then they could be like NBOS and all the other secret handshake clubs and make out make out like bandits .

And whats the anti chinese undercurrent I keep coming across hereabouts ? Is this flat-out racism or petty jealousy ? Cos if its a political thing about china being "oppressive" then folks want to read up more on the privatised encarceration industries in say ,oh....UK ,USA,Australia....for starters .Then the laws about unlawful assembly of three or more people with "similar identifying factors" being logged onto gang member databases ,in the same countries .Or the guilt by association laws that have put CHILDREN in jail for life because they KNEW  someone who killed or attempted to kill another and didnt report to "the authorities" that they knew them...in advance .
  Somewhat like this forum ,there are rules in china that you just dont break or you get edited .So whats the beef with china ?

Oh ,and by the way ,spoke to Greenuser earlier today and she has taken the plunge for Classic...whatever the hell that means .

Call me an idiot by all means but have the decency to try and enlighten me if you do.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 08:25:09 AM

Dear miners,

I am a bitcoin investor, speculator, end user. I am asking you, no i am begging you, JUST DO IT!

I know you do not want to offend anyone or step on some toes; you want to make sure that when you put the 2MB limit in place it is because we have reached "consensus" on the issue. I BEG YOU, do not delay any longer, assert your power! do not wait for somthing that may never happen, do not let a dev believe they know better than you, or have more power than you, they don't, show them! let them feel the wrath of your hashes, Command their respect!

Put in place the 2MB limit TODAY, without their "approval". Put out some code of your own, gather >51% hashing power, and FORK us to the next level! if this offends the some poeple / core devs and they rage quit, GOOD! we dont want them trying to control bitcoin, it is not for them to control, bitcoin is OURS not theirs! amass 51% and take control!

As an investor / speculator, I promise you, if you can demonstrate that bitcoin's destiny isn't in the hands of any one group, but requires vast amounts of power to sway one way or the other,and that no amount of FUD can stop you/us; I will value bitcoin much more.

did this do anything for you miners?

did you at least get a good lol  Smiley

Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 06:29:05 AM

Dear miners,

I picture you standing on a desk shouting this and I like it lol.

I am inspired - cheers

Itoo

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 12:02:31 PM

I thought this issue s been resolved. The only question s when will it get implemented. Why do you raise it again here?
it has not been resolved at the last round table it come out that only a handful out of 50-70 poeple actually support  the compromise reached at the other roundtable in HK.

You have the option of rushing a decision and implementing something because you want to fix one thing and then you break something else. We all know bigger blocks = higher security risk. The other option, like the Core people are doing it now, is to concentrate on a manageable increase in the block size <SegWit> and to test the water, before you just dive in. The Classic approach is, reckless in my opinion and only a desperate attempt at a power grab.

They know the Core team have the best solution, but the Classic people focused only on the Block size to gain more favor with the crowd. Why the sudden stress tests from a unknown entity?   

thats just plain false.

segwit is infinitely more complex/dangerous than simply raising blocklimit.

Please explain this statement. Why is it that you think raising the block limit is less secure than segwit? How is it that a controversial HARD fork, is more secure than a SOFT fork which allows backward compatability, so that all currently contributing nodes will still be able to contribute to the network and support their views? A soft fork is by definition safer.

Your greatest fans are AntPool yet if you care to look at the 1 tx (i.e. empty) blocks over the last few days you'll see that they were all created by AntPool.

It is a pity that all intelligence has been thrown out of this debate a long time ago (maybe you should try and convince AntPool to stop mining empty blocks before demanding that everyone else should support 2MB blocks).

I agree with Ciyam here on every point. I've seen quality posts from ADAMSTGBIT in the past, and thought maybe this was the same. Now adamstgbit looks like a lot of other sock puppets on this forum. I'm just confused why someone so seemingly smart would sell their account to people who are clearly up to no good.

Your greatest fans are AntPool yet if you care to look at the 1 tx blocks over the last few days you'll see that they were all created by AntPool.

It is a pity that all intelligence has been thrown out of this debate a long time ago.

https://blockchain.info/

it is not your place to decide how miners should act, no amount of central planning from Core devs will change this.

Mining 0 MB blocks is NOT the way to convince people that blocks are full. That's asenine and it only works on the people who aren't paying attention. YES we will NEED a capacity increase in the future. YES we should plan for it and prepare the network for it. And YES I think discussion is healthy. But when I see people who depend on the ignorance of the people around them, that's a predatory situation and I don't trust predators. ADAMSTGBIT is now on my list of predators who like to take advantage of people who aren't paying attention.

Itoo

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 12:19:43 PM

Dear miners,

did this do anything for you miners?

did you at least get a good lol  Smiley

I'm glad this post was a flop. And I'm glad it demonstrates that your account no longer understands what decentralization means. Anyone that thinks bitcoin is magically decentralized just by virtue of it's code is either lying, deluded, or doesn't understand bitcoin OR decentralization. Decentralization requires PEOPLE to stay vigilant, because a currency (and the power it represents) will naturally tend toward centralization. One person or another will always want more control over bitcoin, or any other currency of any bearing. Not that hard to see, really.
barrysty1e

Activity: 636
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 05:13:23 PM

Dear miners,

please leave these forums, delete your account and go back to reddit where you belong.
people like you are literally killing bitcoin.

https://blockchain.info/blocks reveals 409638-409750 with many blocks not even half filled.

if this offends the some poeple / core devs and they rage quit, GOOD! we dont want them trying to control bitcoin, it is not for them to control, bitcoin is OURS not theirs!

erm, the devs can do whatever they feel like; as it is collectively their/community code.

FOAD.

my father wears sneakers in the pool
Drakrmaster

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 05:01:56 PM

Going to try it
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 07:25:09 PM

Adam... keep pumping that FUD in the masses! You are doing Guud stuff! God's work!  Cheesy
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 07:33:26 PM

Dear miners,

2mb will solve absolutely nothing long term (not that i am principally opposed to it).
antpool often mines EMPTY blocks.
average blocksize right now is about 700-750kb
they need to deploy Segwit, which should roughly double the size of a block, then Lightning.
Why do you care so much about the block size, anyway?
the other day i paid 12 sat/byte and tx went through just fine.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: