Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:43:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bryan Micon...CREEPY STALKER GUY  (Read 1883 times)
DobZombie (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 02:42:42 PM

I know with Inaba and BFL there have been some cranky people on every side of this but fact is, NO ONE has proven tech in public hands yet.

Until then all this shit should just STOP.

This Brian Micon guy has just GONE WAY TOO FAR.

He has created a website and bought a domain WITH SOMEBODY ELSE'S NAME!!!
http://joshzerlan.com/

I mean seriously WHAT THE FUCK!?!

www.joshzerlan.com is my new favorite website

Sometimes I can't believe you are even a real. I mean the level of denial on how badly I'm currently destroying you is so palpable. 

You are playing great today Josh. 

YOU ARE PLAYING GREAT TODAY JOSH?!? What the flibbity fart does that mean?!?  Was I the only one to have a silence of the lambs flashback just then?

Bryan Micon talks about A BITCOIN MINING COMPANY on his POKER RADIO SHOW!
http://pokerati.com/tag/josh-zerlan/

That would be like if the guys from the "stuff you should know podcast" decided to talk about their girlfriend's boss in a show about hummus!

"I'm not the law, but I represent justice" - That's under Micon's name.  how delusional is this guy?

Not only has this guy taken this kinda stalkerish activity too far, it's catching on with the other ANTI-BFL mob.

This kinda bullshit right here.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87934.msg1479242#msg1479242 Taking a picture from my facebook and posting it everywhere.

What the hell is wrong with these people?!

Can we get a time out, or a banning for these creeps?

God even turn off the WHOLE Custom hardware section.

These people creep me out, and it's starting to upset my partner too (her face might have been blurred out, but its still her).

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
21after2

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 04:30:32 PM

I didn't see a Facebook picture in the link you gave. Was it taken down already?

Anyways, I do agree with you that Micon is being obnoxious about the whole thing. I think the community tends to agree, given his level of ignores at the moment.
DobZombie (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 08:51:38 PM

Yeah the mods already pulled it.

Mods ate doing a fantastic job. I'm supprised with the amount of bullcrap they've had to put up with recently.

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 04:42:22 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2013, 05:15:31 AM by Lethn

Yeah the mods already pulled it.

Mods ate doing a fantastic job. I'm supprised with the amount of bullcrap they've had to put up with recently.

Most community mods I've seen would have caved in to one side with all this bullshit going on so yeah, kudos to them, I've seen a lot of people claim they won't be effected by this sort of thing only to abandon the site awhile later and people like this piss me off because they think they're immune to anything happening to them so they try to abuse the crap out of the internet.

Yes, this may well be a scam, yes, you should warn people about it, but to resort to harassment and stalking which is essentially what this is? Pretty fucking low.
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 10:48:06 AM

Greetings.  I support and share your concerns about BFL. But your tone is hostile, the messages are repetitive, and your posts are being reported by may long standing members of the community.  Expressing a concern is fine, having a discussion thread for it is fine.  Posting over and over again is totally offtopic. Please cut it out.

so Josh's tone is acceptable?  I said nothing in the BFL thread until he mentioned me, once again badmouthing me and launching personal attacks.  I reply with facts to attacks.

What is the nature of this?  you can clearly see my conduct is not abusive and his is.  I feel the monies paid by BFL for forum advertising + other factors clouds judgement of bitcointalk owners and mods

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 11:02:00 AM

Yes, because you being not as bad as the other guy always makes you right >_<
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 11:15:28 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2013, 11:44:21 AM by Micon

Sometimes I can't believe you are even a real. I mean the level of denial on how badly I'm currently destroying you is so palpable.

[edit to add:  take a look at OP's post history:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=61730;sa=showPosts  you only need to check through 2-3 pages to see all the pro-BFL, anti-every other ASIC obviousness, anti-Micon, anti-Tradefortress, pro-everything BFL, even saying "wow i can't believe Josh Zerlan is stalked so much"  i mean, this OP is really, really sticking up for Josh Zerlan  )

this OP is also a blatent mis-quote of me.  the OP, again trying to discredit me, posts as if I was the one that posted JoshZerlan.com link in the BFL thread.  It was not me.  It was another unconnected user.  Then Josh replies to that launching more personal insults at me.  Then I reply to that with the fact-based account of our CES interaction, then mods delete my post and say my tone is unacceptable and my posts repetitive.  

I think it's pretty clear whose side of this debate the mods are taking:  the side of the company buying all the advertising here.  I can only imagine what else is going on between BFL and the mods here.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 11:28:47 AM

Sometimes I can't believe you are even a real. I mean the level of denial on how badly I'm currently destroying you is so palpable. 

this OP is also a blatent mis-quote of me.  the OP, again trying to discredit me, posts as if I was the one that posted JoshZerlan.com link in the BFL thread.  It was not me.  It was another unconnected user.  Then Josh replies to that launching more personal insults at me.  Then I reply to that with the fact-based account of our CES interaction, then mods delete my post and say my tone is unacceptable and my posts repetitive. 

I think it's pretty clear whose side of this debate the mods are taking:  the side of the company buying all the advertising here.  I can only imagine what else is going on between BFL and the mods here.
Yawn.
US MODS DON'T GET A SINGLE CENT FROM BFL, AND THE TROLLING INCURRED BY THEM IS A PITA.
Happy?
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 11:35:46 AM

this OP is also a blatent mis-quote of me.  the OP, again trying to discredit me, posts as if I was the one that posted JoshZerlan.com link in the BFL thread.  It was not me.  It was another unconnected user.  Then Josh replies to that launching more personal insults at me.  Then I reply to that with the fact-based account of our CES interaction, then mods delete my post and say my tone is unacceptable and my posts repetitive. 

I think it's pretty clear whose side of this debate the mods are taking:  the side of the company buying all the advertising here.  I can only imagine what else is going on between BFL and the mods here.
Yawn.
US MODS DON'T GET A SINGLE CENT FROM BFL, AND THE TROLLING INCURRED BY THEM IS A PITA.
Happy?

maybe you are not getting paid.  But I smell a rat.  Josh repeatedly is allowed to launch personal insults not just at me, but basically the entire forum, all customers asking questions, and of course all trolls.  I have been extremely careful not to engage in personal insults.  I stick to the facts, Josh launches insult after insult, and Gmaxwell tells me to cool it.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 11:42:29 AM

We moderate and delete based on reports received. We simply do not have the manpower and strength to read each post in this forum. Gmaxwell is receiving reports from people reading your posts, and thus the deletions and warnings. If we're seriously moderating the Custom Hardware subsection, almost 30% of the posts would have be gone by now.
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 11:51:45 AM

We moderate and delete based on reports received. We simply do not have the manpower and strength to read each post in this forum. Gmaxwell is receiving reports from people reading your posts, and thus the deletions and warnings. If we're seriously moderating the Custom Hardware subsection, almost 30% of the posts would have be gone by now.

all correct statements IMO.

1)  many users in your system are reporting my posts and "inappropriate"   It is relevant to this point that BFL & Josh have likely used downvoters on reddit, and it wouldn't be a stretch to say they can generate many bitcointalk user actions of any sort.  [ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136771.0 ]

2)  Certainly most of Custom Mining posts, if properly moderated, should be deleted.  Yet only mine was.  I could cite many examples of Josh launching personal insults at me in that very thread.  My fact-based post, including the video once again where he insults me on the floor of CES, something clearly he is not interested in seeing again or having other possible pre-order candidates see, is the only thing deleted. 

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 12:02:30 PM

1)  many users in your system are reporting my posts and "inappropriate"   It is relevant to this point that BFL & Josh have likely used downvoters on reddit, and it wouldn't be a stretch to say they can generate many bitcointalk user actions of any sort.  [ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136771.0 ]

2)  Certainly most of Custom Mining posts, if properly moderated, should be deleted.  Yet only mine was.  I could cite many examples of Josh launching personal insults at me in that very thread.  My fact-based post, including the video once again where he insults me on the floor of CES, something clearly he is not interested in seeing again or having other possible pre-order candidates see, is the only thing deleted. 

1) No idea on this conspiratory theory.

2) You wouldn't believe how many posts were deleted from that section. I personally deleted over 20-30+ posts from that section, and I can imagine how many posts other mods would have deleted. No, I didn't delete any of your posts as far as I remember. Please refer to my post above. If the post is Off-Topic to a certain extent, it is worthy of deletion. That's it. We don't censor swear words etc, if the other content pertains to the subject.

That said, I'm always avoiding Custom Hardware if possible. Too much headache inside.
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 06:53:10 PM

2) You wouldn't believe how many posts were deleted from that section. I personally deleted over 20-30+ posts from that section, and I can imagine how many posts other mods would have deleted. No, I didn't delete any of your posts as far as I remember. Please refer to my post above. If the post is Off-Topic to a certain extent, it is worthy of deletion. That's it. We don't censor swear words etc, if the other content pertains to the subject.

That said, I'm always avoiding Custom Hardware if possible. Too much headache inside.

obviously too much headache for the mods. 

I'm not a trouble maker, and I think you know that.  I point out scams, and it draws heat.  I respond to the heat, especially borderline libelous personal attacks against me.

If you (gmaxwell, the mods at large) are going to censor a response of mine to a personal insult, then shouldn't you also censor the user throwing around the personal insults?

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 04:31:19 AM

obviously too much headache for the mods. 

I'm not a trouble maker, and I think you know that.  I point out scams, and it draws heat.  I respond to the heat, especially borderline libelous personal attacks against me.

If you (gmaxwell, the mods at large) are going to censor a response of mine to a personal insult, then shouldn't you also censor the user throwing around the personal insults?

In case you didn't see this the first time:

At least report those you deem as 'user throwing around the personal insults'. In other cases, it's usually your posts getting reported by people not related to you or BFL. I delete posts/split topics that go off topic, and frankly posts from you, Inaba, and etc are getting deleted/splitted indiscriminately if they're reported and deemed offtopic/derailing.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 01:12:20 AM

Yawn.
Happy?
And yet he wonders why we don't consider any of his "investigative journalism" to be very credible. He simply makes things up. Micon, if you actually did real research everyone here would take you more seriously.

As for why some personal insults made by hardware makers aren't deleted, that's because we're often willing to keep those posts there as an example of why people shouldn't do business with them. We could care less about your response.

Of course, when their insults are excessive, they've already proven their point that they should be avoided at all costs, so that's when we'll start deleting their posts. Even worse, when that happens they risk getting banned from this forum. If you're a business, you don't want to mess with the moderators here.

Third Way

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 03:40:40 AM

You guys need Janitors to put posts in the expressway to deletion. Or, moderation.

blease resbond -> 1BYJKxpntNn6TZbM5M5CWkEb8vr8vDcBrr
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: