Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:52:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The ethereum scam  (Read 1849 times)
mangox (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 11:12:03 AM

Ethereum is just another alt-coin pump and dump like all of the rest. And, let's be clear, on hype alone it will make a lot of people very rich; in the short term. Shocked Shocked Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
2015Bubble

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 11:18:05 AM

Already getting dumped like crashy

RIP ETH
freshman777

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 11:27:12 AM

I'll buy a little as it hits two dollar, what'd ya think?

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
mangox (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 11:29:42 AM

RIP ETH

we return to 0.0020 BTC
2015Bubble

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 11:29:51 AM

Ye me to , just to dump them for an even lower price.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 11:32:53 AM

RIP ETH

we return to 0.0020 BTC
I'm seeing way too much buy support still for it to ga back to those levels, I've got a feeling that we won't see it drop below 0.015 btc too soon.
Just look at that buy wall over at Poloniex, no way it's going back to 0.002.

KhalDrago

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 11:33:18 AM

op is shorting decides to fud, what a fag.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 11:34:07 AM

RIP ETH

we return to 0.0020 BTC

The price is still 10 times of your prediction. I will buy a lot with my bitcoins if the price goes to 0.002 or lower.
mangox (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 11:44:35 AM

RIP ETH

we return to 0.0020 BTC

The price is still 10 times of your prediction. I will buy a lot with my bitcoins if the price goes to 0.002 or lower.

careful, deposits on poloniex still down cause of blockchain issues
shitcointalk101

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 11:57:19 AM

Rather buy sub 2 dollars, it's never going back to 0.03 or even what it is now. it's dead.
freshman777

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 12:02:36 PM

Rather buy sub 2 dollars, it's never going back to 0.03 or even what it is now. it's dead.

I figure $2 and below is a good entry range for a dead cat bounce to $5.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
shitcointalk101

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 12:21:14 PM

It wise to wait sub 2 dollars. There's still lots of air in the bubble which will eventually come out  Wink
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 12:47:45 PM

What's scammy about it? The nature of a scam is that something is concealed from you. This was a screamingly obvious pump that's happened a million times before, albeit this one was a beast. It's made lots of people happy and brought some excitement.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 01:07:44 PM

What's scammy about it?

$18 million wasted and still vaporware. Follow the relevant links...

In order to beat Bitcoin, you much provide something that Bitcoin can't do which is more popular and has greater network effects.

Bitcoin for the moment owns the store-of-value and slow-large medium-of-exchange functions of crypto currency, and that is unlikely to change unless Bitcoin so screws up the block size issue that the market is forced to choose a new block chain for these properties of money.

However, the instant-micro medium-of-exchange function of crypto currency is still wide open. Ditto on chain privacy and anonymity, which appears to be a two horse race between Monero and Z(ero)cash, but I have my doubts as to how popular/practical overt privacy and anonymity will be. Bitcoin is hoping for Lightning Networks (<-- click the Reddit link at the linked post) but LN requires large block sizes for garbage collections spikes and it realistically can't allow anyone to pay anyone, plus it is a centralization paradigm to be owned by large corporate servers. V(anilla)Cash is pitching some insecure Zero Time shit that can't scale. Bitshares and Dash are pitching some more flawed shit, and even I discovered that InstantX's white paper had a high school level math error in its security calculation which made it seem much more secure than it is.

Ethereum has no users, no chance of scaling decentralized, and no one has even shown that any Dapps are important and/or can't be done in another way. I pointed out the prior day that Augur is insecure.

Market cap is irrelevant if it is not sustained, because P&Ds are easy for whales to conduct by buying from themselves, including constructing fake buy walls.

So yes I think Bitcoin can be beat. But it won't be easy. And the chances are slim. You actually have to have a plan for stimulating instant microtransactions medium-of-exchange adoption. It won't just happen by magic and you won't be able to just employ the mass media to dazzle the gullible tinfoil speculator junkies for the userbase since Bitcoin already captured them.

mangox (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 02:08:04 PM

Not ethereum,Only Rootstock — Smart Contracts on the Bitcoin Blockchain
As a concept the Rootstock [1] platform is one of those ideas that once it is proposed it is obvious that it is a great idea. Essentially Rootstock aims to be what Ethereum is, a decentralized, Turing-complete smart contract platform. However, Rootstock aims to utilize the Bitcoin ecosystem rather than creating a new one from scratch. The way this will be accomplished is via the still not fully implemented sidechains technology
AlexNeto

Activity: 658
Merit: 536

Z-pay.io

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 02:37:28 PM

RIP ETH

we return to 0.0020 BTC
I'm seeing way too much buy support still for it to ga back to those levels, I've got a feeling that we won't see it drop below 0.015 btc too soon.
Just look at that buy wall over at Poloniex, no way it's going back to 0.002.

There are 4.1 mil  USD equivalent in whole Bid side of order book.
There are 767 mils  USD equivalent in existing ETH right now.
Poloniex is the ONLY exchange with noticeable values.
In common, ETH holders lost 300 mils USD of nominal value in their holdings since yesterday's 0.031 eth/btc peak.
There are 360 confirmation required to deposit ETH to Poloniex. And verifications required for amounts over 2k USD daily.

I think, 0.002 is reasonable goal for shorting..

🔥Z-pay.io🔥 - Anonymous bitcoin cheques. FREE mixing.

☝️             ☝️                 ☝️
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 03:54:18 PM

I suppose everyone understand this, but I will state it for the record.

With a $200,000+ monthly budget, Ethereum can afford fancy website design and paid promotion at sites such as Coindesk, etc..

We gave them $18 million to produce no solution to the fundamental challenges they never solved, and they spent our money on hype to fool other greater fools into buying at nosebleed, manipulated prices. We invested in screwing the newbies who come to crypto.

That is not a sustainable model for growing our ecosystem. We are poisoning the well from which we drink.

mangox (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 04:09:07 PM

With a $200,000+ monthly budget, Ethereum can afford fancy website design and paid promotion at sites such as Coindesk, etc..

We gave them $18 million to produce no solution to the fundamental challenges they never solved, and they spent our money on hype to fool other greater fools into buying at nosebleed, manipulated prices. We invested in screwing the newbies who come to crypto.

That is not a sustainable model for growing our ecosystem. We are poisoning the well from which we drink.

back to Bitcoin
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 04:29:09 PM

back to Bitcoin

might be even worse if scalability / decentralization stay low...   Roll Eyes

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 04:42:22 PM

back to Bitcoin

might be even worse if scalability / decentralization stay low...   Roll Eyes

.. or better - who knows:

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/ETHUSD/UcCzL0Mb-ETHUSD-BUBBLE-CYCLE/

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: