Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:03:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Small Problem CrossFire on Corsair CX600 (Comes with only two 6 pin PCI-E)  (Read 2547 times)
Remotay (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 03:31:29 AM

I bought a mining rig with the parts on the Wiki, the only trouble i'm having is getting both of my 5830s recognized by windows. I'm certain the problem has to do with power, because when I plug in both of the 6 pin PCI-E cables into one card, that card works perfectly, but if I divide one into each one, and use one of the 4 pin -> 6 pin PCI-E converters that the GPU Came with, it'll work fine, but the problem is when I plug in TWO of the 4 pin -> 6 pin converters (one for each card). The power supply has only one string of 4 pin connectors, so I guess I can't use more than ONE of those with the GPUs, because if I plug in another one, the second one just won't work. The PSU also has a ton of power cables for SATA drives, if I convert that to PCI-E, or to a 4 pin, then into the GPU i think it'll work, but is there anyway to get this working without having to buy another cable?

Let me make a diagram

PSU
|- Converts to 6 pin for the GPU <- works perfectly fine.
|- Converts to 6 pin for the GPU <- Second one does not work. I tried plugging this second one into #3, #4 below, but no luck.
|-
|-

|- = 4 pin connectors coming out of the psu

Both graphics card are functional stand alone, so I'm sure it has to do with the power. Any thoughts?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 06:06:04 AM

You need to have a monitor or a dummy plug attached to the second GPU to get it to work.

If you don't (and mine under Windows) it won't work.
Remotay (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 06:19:22 AM

I have a crossfire cable. Trying to run them in crossfire. The option for cross fire isn't there, because the second card isn't getting powered because i only have two 6 pin gpu connectors.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: