Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:39:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Was the Great Pyramid a Giant Lightening Rod?  (Read 10059 times)
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 05:18:31 PM

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
interlagos

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 05:33:03 PM

I invite you to watch the video I just linked Smiley
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 11:35:38 PM

Stopped when they showed the usual false claim of the Fibonacci spiral in a nautilus shell which is in fact a logarithmic spiral.
Of course it's not pure coincidence that the great pyramid has certain numbers in them, they appear as part of the architectural process, which the video also demonstrated. That does not mean they put those numbers in there on purpose, but rather they happened to discover them by the task of designing them.
interlagos

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 11:45:01 AM

Stopped when they showed the usual false claim of the Fibonacci spiral in a nautilus shell which is in fact a logarithmic spiral.
Of course it's not pure coincidence that the great pyramid has certain numbers in them, they appear as part of the architectural process, which the video also demonstrated. That does not mean they put those numbers in there on purpose, but rather they happened to discover them by the task of designing them.

Yes, it might be the other way around indeed, but looking at the level of technology used to construct the pyramids it is unlikely that civilization that built them only discovered those numbers in the process of construction. It is much more likely that numbers were encoded into the shape of the pyramid, not just for the coolness of it, but because the shape with such characteristics would have certain vibrational properties and could be used as some sort of resonance device. Also placing the pyramids at certain locations on Earth hints towards that idea, as the Earth itself could be considered a larger resonance device.

There is an amateur research in present time into what is called a space-time antenna designed to tap into a field energy. You can google it and see that it consists of two self penetrating cones and there are some preliminary results showing some anomalies with certain geometric configurations and frequencies. So maybe in the same way, the shape of the pyramid was crucial for the purposes it was built.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2013, 11:54:18 AM

Hehe, just like I ask this question to any new ager when bringing up the word energy I ask you this:

What form of energy are you talking about?
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 03:31:34 PM

I agree with ElectricMucus, most of this stuff just falls out of architectural necessity. With a pyramid, you basically have three dimensions, width, length and height. If you go to ratios, that only gives you two variables. So when people pull a dozen numbers out of ratios on a pyramid, you know they're working too hard.

Whilst there's no doubt that many older civilizations were more sophisticated than we give them credit for, there's also often not any particular reason to ascribe things to advanced mathematics. If I recall correctly, the slope of the pyramids is the same as that of sand allowed to fall into a pile. That doesn't require fancy engineering, merely observation and measurement.

interlagos

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 06:13:10 PM

Hehe, just like I ask this question to any new ager when bringing up the word energy I ask you this:

What form of energy are you talking about?

I'm not sure I understand the question, are there different forms of energy?
There is only one form of energy I know of, the one that animates this whole thing called Universe.
The rest of it boils down to geometry.
How this energy is distributed and how it interacts with itself is defined by geometry and geometry alone.
Even what we experience as forces in physical reality is just a product of geometry of the space-time itself.

There is a good video about it, but the background setup is way too new age for many people to take it seriously...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7R-QsYMX20

I'm not saying that pyramids were built to harvest the energy, maybe they were or maybe they focused energy into the Earth or something else entirely, but I wouldn't easily let go of the idea that geometry of the pyramids wasn't coincidental.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2013, 06:31:52 PM

According to physics there is heat, electricity, magnetism, electromagnetism and kinetic energy.

So I ask you again: Which of those are the pyramids supposed to harvest?
Oh btw: Are you trolling? That yt video seems way, way farther out than your usual posting style, can it be you brought that up just because I called you new age?  Wink
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 07:02:06 PM

According to physics there is heat, electricity, magnetism, electromagnetism and kinetic energy.

Oh btw: Are you trolling? That yt video seems way, way farther out than your usual posting style, can it be you brought that up just because I called you new age?  Wink

No, you're doing it wrong. You just have to believe and then you can feel smarter than all those people who devote their lives to working in labs, trying to find out how the universe works.

Care for a crystal?

nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 09:04:51 PM

How about mass * acceleration * distance?
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 10:43:39 PM

That has units of energy but has no direct physical representation that I am aware of. The closest is kinetic energy (1/2*m*v^2). I forget how to rewrite that in terms of distance.

nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 12:15:04 AM

That has units of energy but has no direct physical representation that I am aware of. The closest is kinetic energy (1/2*m*v^2). I forget how to rewrite that in terms of distance.
Generally, most/all energy is kinetic, depending on how you look at it. Heat is "average kinetic energy", motion on a very small scale. Potential energy is basically stored kinetic energy. In Newtonian physics,
Energy is a Force applied over a distance (Fd), Joules
Force is mass times acceleration (ma), Newtons
Acceleration is change in velocity divided by time (Δv/t), m/s2
Velocity is displacement over time (Δd/t), m/s
Displacement is change in position, m

So Energy, at least in the simplified Newtonian understanding, is measured in units of (kgm2/s2), and 1/2 mv2 is one way of calculating it. (Try unit analysis; they're the same.)
Nachtwind

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 12:30:48 AM

The estimation of the age of the sphinx are based on erosions by rain. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Anthony_West
And nothing is better known than climate history of the last 10000 years... is it?
Radiometric Dating = Good
Luminiscence Dating = Much better (at least for that timeslice)
=> Pyramids are as old as the Egyptian culture and, sorry, not build by aliens or ancient ancient ancient cultures

The religious settlement Gobekli tepe has been carbon dated to a incredible 11000 years old.
Gobekli tepe and other very interestering sites like uratrean fortresses (Cavustepe e.g.) are very very strange places to be.. The gobekli "pillars" are one of the strangest things i have ever seen.. but hey, they are just 11kyr old.. not like this was unexpected for that region...
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 12:37:23 AM

Generally, most/all energy is kinetic, depending on how you look at it. Heat is "average kinetic energy", motion on a very small scale. Potential energy is basically stored kinetic energy.

Given that energy can be converted between forms, saying that one form is a "stored" form of another doesn't really mean that the two are identical.

Then we have photon energy, E=hf, mass-energy equivalence (E=mc^2), energy stored in electron spins (I forget that one), chemical energy, latent heat of vaporization and so on that don't really lean to a kinetic energy interpretation.

interlagos

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 01:12:14 PM

These are simply different manifestations of the same one energy.

I'm speculating here (as I haven't studied pyramids extensively), but I can imagine that certain geometric configurations might have non-local effects on distribution of energy within certain regions of space (either inside of the pyramid or somewhere outside). As a result it might have certain effects on consciousness of the people within those regions of space (either inside or some place outside). The rejuvenation temple comes to mind as an example, but I'm not sure pyramids were designed for that exact purpose.

So again it's not that they were necessarily built to harvest energy per se, but more likely to focus energy in a certain way to have certain effects. And if you are tempted to ask again what kind of energy, then my answer would be "The Field Energy", the one that permeates everything and the one we are all made of. Think of it as a stem-cell energy which can take any form depending on the geometry it traverses. Even in modern particle physics scientists observe phenomena of one type of "particles" decaying into another type of "particles", so those types of energy (heat, electricity, magnetism, electromagnetism and kinetic energy) that you mentioned are not intrinsic to themselves.

The right part of my brain (a quantum part) triggered a pattern recognition scheme and highlighted that particular video as fitting for the conversation content-wise, however the left part of my brain (a sequential part) recognized the form of the presentation as way too unusual for the population of this board to conceive and advised to proceed with caution. I then made the decision to proceed with posting and study the effects it would cause, as by not doing so I would have achieved nothing. So, yes, I like to troll at times Smiley

Here is another video that shows how interconnected everything is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4mDcvOsBDY
This time it discusses several scientific experiments that are being conducted at present time and touches upon topics of non-local effects related with frequency, vibrations and energy. We are making a very good progress in this area and maybe at some point our civilization will be able to comprehend the mystery of the pyramids and their purpose.
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 02:51:45 PM

lols.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 04:58:44 PM

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Quantum_woo

Kiss
nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:51:45 PM

Generally, most/all energy is kinetic, depending on how you look at it. Heat is "average kinetic energy", motion on a very small scale. Potential energy is basically stored kinetic energy.

Given that energy can be converted between forms, saying that one form is a "stored" form of another doesn't really mean that the two are identical.

Then we have photon energy, E=hf, mass-energy equivalence (E=mc^2)
Again, try out unit analysis.
E = mc2
E = (kg)(m/s)2
E = kg*m2/s2

Sound familiar? Force * distance

energy stored in electron spins (I forget that one)
Sounds suspiciously kinetic
chemical energy
At the molecular level, it's just atomic and subatomic particles moving around
latent heat of vaporization
Again, heat is "average kinetic energy"

For the laughable purposes this thread has, we can assume energy to be kinetic.
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 09:39:46 PM

Then we have photon energy, E=hf, mass-energy equivalence (E=mc^2)
Again, try out unit analysis.
E = mc2
E = (kg)(m/s)2
E = kg*m2/s2

Sound familiar? Force * distance

Energy has the same unit (J) in all forms and thus will always be susceptible to such dimensional-analysis tricks. That doesn't mean that it all breaks down into kinetic energy.

Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 09:44:14 PM

energy stored in electron spins (I forget that one)
Sounds suspiciously kinetic

Spin alignment in a magnetic field? Howso?

chemical energy
At the molecular level, it's just atomic and subatomic particles moving around

Does not make it kinetic energy.

latent heat of vaporization
Again, heat is "average kinetic energy"

For an ideal gas.

For the laughable purposes this thread has, we can assume energy to be kinetic.

I'm certainly starting to assume something but it isn't that.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: