Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:46:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will never reach $700 again  (Read 25166 times)
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 10:50:04 AM

Of course it is overly optimistic. There are many optimist (or halving-hypers) in this forum now. It looks like the early days of 2015 are long gone. It is terribly easy to write we are going to $1k, but how it matches the reality? I am afraid that this a complete dreamland territory. The last pump in November is a good example. The price touched the $500 target and went down immediately, back to $350. So all the optimist can count is $500-600, due to halving.
it's still March, I think because of halving, the price of bitcoin will rise up to $700 by the end of year, but for $1k, it needs more time in this case.
Try to think about all these who bought between $200 and 300. They will start taking profits as soon as the price exceeds $500. Then you will need really a lot of buyers to hold that level. Would the smart money be buying then? I doubt it.

this space is intentionally left blank
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 12:03:10 PM

With the gradual increase bitcoin will reach the $700 tag within few months as most has speculated that halving happens within few weeks.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 12:16:26 PM

Of course it is overly optimistic. There are many optimist (or halving-hypers) in this forum now. It looks like the early days of 2015 are long gone. It is terribly easy to write we are going to $1k, but how it matches the reality? I am afraid that this a complete dreamland territory. The last pump in November is a good example. The price touched the $500 target and went down immediately, back to $350. So all the optimist can count is $500-600, due to halving.
it's still March, I think because of halving, the price of bitcoin will rise up to $700 by the end of year, but for $1k, it needs more time in this case.
Try to think about all these who bought between $200 and 300. They will start taking profits as soon as the price exceeds $500. Then you will need really a lot of buyers to hold that level. Would the smart money be buying then? I doubt it.

it is not like those who have bought bitcoin at $200-$300 are going to start dumping as soon as price hit $500 and leave bitcoin scene forever. it would be the same as $400 and so on. some are selling and some don't. and those who sell buy back again with higher prices.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1101

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 10:43:35 PM

Bitcoin can reach $700 at the time of halving but not before that, as we have not yet achieved $500 mark so it will take time to cross or reach to the value of $700.

uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 11:46:57 PM

it is not like those who have bought bitcoin at $200-$300 are going to start dumping as soon as price hit $500 and leave bitcoin scene forever. it would be the same as $400 and so on. some are selling and some don't. and those who sell buy back again with higher prices.
People who got nearly 100% gain are likely to take profits. Some won't sell due the greed, waiting for the price to rise even more. But once the sell-off starts, they will add fuel to the fire.  You seem to miss one important point I made however. In order to keep the price going up you need a constant inflow of new buyers at the higher levels. I don't see that this easily, especially if price jumps to $500-600, without fundamental developments to justify and support it.

this space is intentionally left blank
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 12:07:55 AM

Bitcoin can reach $700 at the time of halving but not before that, as we have not yet achieved $500 mark so it will take time to cross or reach to the value of $700.

700 US is in fact a very realistic figure. Even for this year. I think we may see this price at the end of the year. Suppose we get another rally like we had last year.
Then 700 will be on the low side.
rekinthis

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 07:19:08 PM

This is why I have liquidated my position in Bitcoins. There is very little upside going forward. Block size limit is too low. No forward moves of late have any traction whatsoever and demand continues to lag. Way too little upside for such a risky proposition so my advice is to move into dollars.  Only a significant change in the economy could alter this forecast.

So what that price slowly grows? It still grows, not falls, so we should be happy for it, and for 700$ wait for block halving, you will see 700$, maybe even more than 700$ so you will be happy then

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
pissedoff

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 07:55:59 PM

I don't agree with you. After the bitcoin block halving the bitcoin market price should increase to keep mining profitable.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 07:58:36 PM

This is why I have liquidated my position in Bitcoins. There is very little upside going forward. Block size limit is too low. No forward moves of late have any traction whatsoever and demand continues to lag. Way too little upside for such a risky proposition so my advice is to move into dollars.  Only a significant change in the economy could alter this forecast.

Maybe it can not reach 700 but I wish that before and after the halving the price to be ~$700, we were happy earlier this year when the price reached almost 500 and we will be happier if the price higher by the halving.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 10:02:23 PM

I don't agree with you. After the bitcoin block halving the bitcoin market price should increase to keep mining profitable.

I think so too, many Bitcoin's users predict that after the next halving the Bitcoin's price will increase for the highest level, so it can reach 700$ or even more than this amount
nejibens

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 10:19:05 PM

We can't say that Bitcoin will never reach this price, it's about future and we can't be so exact when we predict the future.
italianobitcoin

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

Forza Italia

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 11:18:40 PM

I've no idea why people are saying this weird things. Bitcoin has done a great job the last couple of months. I predict i can do even better in a few more months.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 11:24:56 PM

I've no idea why people are saying this weird things. Bitcoin has done a great job the last couple of months. I predict i can do even better in a few more months.
[/quote
I think it is because there is constant manipulation to push the Bitcoin price to the lower $410s -at least (hopefully) until the halving- that people are saying that Bitcoin isn't performing well and there isn't much of a chance of it hitting $xxx again.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 12:14:31 AM

People simply don't know what to think anymore. If the price goes up a few bucks, they will start to get over excited. If the price drops a few bucks, then people for some weird reason transform into full bearish mode which leads to these kind of threads.
lixer

Activity: 2520
Merit: 586

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 06:21:25 AM

People simply don't know what to think anymore. If the price goes up a few bucks, they will start to get over excited. If the price drops a few bucks, then people for some weird reason transform into full bearish mode which leads to these kind of threads.
Nothing wrong in creating this kind of threads. It is obvious human nature to getting excited or getting panic on seeing their investment going up or down respectively. I am sure bitcoin prices will test $1000 very soon. There is no base that will prevent bitcoin prices to reach $700.

vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 07:51:57 AM

So what that price slowly grows? It still grows, not falls, so we should be happy for it, and for 700$ wait for block halving, you will see 700$, maybe even more than 700$ so you will be happy then
if price still grows even though slowly it's not a problem than price up high but just for a while, we need to build strong foundation so after price up will not easy broke down.

gerXhonza

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 12:27:39 PM

if price still grows even though slowly it's not a problem than price up high but just for a while, we need to build strong foundation so after price up will not easy broke down.

Yeah and i think we will see that price at the time of halving and if we see more user adoption after halving then the value will keep on rising in future too.
fravia

Activity: 770

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 12:55:17 PM

Maybe but will reach 650$ maybe even in April than we can talk next but move to dollar will be not rates rise
dollar will lose not to euro but to gold and btc

it will go to 700$ after halving, we just have to have 500$ price before halving, that may be hard but we really can go to 500$

things we can do to see 500$ price before halving is to keep your coins and buy new ones, price will rise, and if there will be panic don't sell your coins

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:00:43 PM

Maybe but will reach 650$ maybe even in April than we can talk next but move to dollar will be not rates rise

it will go to 700$ after halving, we just have to have 500$ price before halving, that may be hard but we really can go to 500$

things we can do to see 500$ price before halving is to keep your coins and buy new ones, price will rise, and if there will be panic don't sell your coins

If reaching 700 is certainty, why is the price hovering at around 400 now?
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 10:36:06 PM

I think that Bitcoin can reach even more 700$ after the halving as predicted, so as you noticed here holding the coins nowadays could be profitable idea for everyone
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: