Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:48:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't copy to clipboard from Bitcoin!  (Read 1265 times)
hushfluffy (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 06:15:56 AM

Hey,

I searched the forum but couldn't find anything related. The clipboard in the Bitcoin app 0.3.22 beta doesn't work at all - I can't copy a Bitcoin Address to clipboard either way:

- Ctrl+C after selecting it in the firld in the main window => empty clipboard
- clicking the "Copy to Clipboard" button throws an error message "Failed to put data on the clipboard (error -2147221038: setClipboard Failed)"
- same in the Address Book > Receiving tab.

Running Win7 Ultimate 64bit. Has anyone else come across this? I was looking forward to getting started with Bitcoin but this doesn't seem like a good start... manually typing long addresses out each time ain't fun Cheesy

Thanks.

EDIT: and while we're at it - choosing the "minimize to tray instead of taskbar" option doesn't work either. That results in no tray icon, but it does remove it from the taskbar - so there's now way to open the window again other than killing it from the Task Manager and launching new. Just thought I'd throw it in here as well - sorry if this is the wrong section.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gongcheng

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 06:18:47 AM

Check your computer first, this is what I get from my clipboad:

167WiVPxF6FP6WBfPShRQzj9QrvFNJ8AZX

Maybe you have got some virus on your laptop which has locked your clipboard.

hushfluffy (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 06:32:05 AM

Check your computer first, this is what I get from my clipboad:

167WiVPxF6FP6WBfPShRQzj9QrvFNJ8AZX

Maybe you have got some virus on your laptop which has locked your clipboard.

Thanks for the reply gongcheng. I don't have a virus or trojan... but you got me thinking and I checked my Comodo Firewall. Surprise, it had Bitcoin sandboxed, which apparently caused all of these errors. I added it to the trusted files and it looks like it's working fine now! Awesome. lol

Hope this helps others who may have this problem.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: