Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 01:15:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is Faucet?  (Read 534 times)
Buildabitcoin (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 03:24:33 PM

Im very new to bitcoin, and I know some of the terms such as mining and using signature campaigns. What I do not know is faucet, someone explain how it works? And how can i make btc off of it? Thanks! Cheesy
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6720

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 03:28:57 PM

A faucet is a service that gives away tiny amounts of bitcoin. For actually earning anything they are useless. Don't try to earn stuff off of collecting from faucets.

rio3233

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 03:35:52 PM

Im very new to bitcoin, and I know some of the terms such as mining and using signature campaigns. What I do not know is faucet, someone explain how it works? And how can i make btc off of it? Thanks! Cheesy

Faucet is like you only need to input and solve a captcha and you get free bitcoin by doing it. But the amount of bitcoin that you get very very low. and for me it's not worth it.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6177

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 03:38:34 PM

It's a waste of time and I wouldn't recommend doing it , by basically it's a website controlled by someone and he give you x BTC (Satoshis) , for what ? when you visit his website/click ads and type the captcha , he earn some income as-well so it's not really free .
Bitcoin is a long term investement so for those who used Faucets to get bitcoins before , have thousand of dollars now just like the currency satoshi's will worth in years from now . (well not thousands of dollars, but decent amount)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 03:53:10 PM

Even though you are new, you can still use the search function, as this question is always asked. For example this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211543.0
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 04:24:41 PM

Faucet are just waste of time for now but they are quite good at early stage of bitcoin. Where they are opened to promote the use of bitcoin and make people familier with term of bitcoin. But now faucet owner try to lure to earn large and give small to users.

wdnj

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 06:01:11 PM

Faucet are just waste of time for now but they are quite good at early stage of bitcoin. Where they are opened to promote the use of bitcoin and make people familier with term of bitcoin. But now faucet owner try to lure to earn large and give small to users.
Not all faucet owner try to lure to earn large and give small to users. most of faucet owner fight against bots and scammers.try to run faucet and see youself .
neowne

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 06:55:25 PM

Not all faucet owner try to lure to earn large and give small to users. most of faucet owner fight against bots and scammers.try to run faucet and see youself .

Thats correct i own to faucets for myself and i started the first one early 2013 but the income has not changed much. On the other side the payouts did because of the bots! But i still think its a good way to make people familiar with bitcoins, because if they have some, they interested in using them.
hananl1styo

Activity: 504

Translator English to Indonesian Language

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 03:48:08 AM

Bitcoin faucets are a reward system, in the form of a website or app, that dispenses rewards in the form of a satoshi, which is a hundredth of a millionth BTC, for visitors to claim in exchange for completing a captcha or task as described by the website.There are also faucets that dispense alternative cryptocurrencies. from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin_faucet .
alfaboy23

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 08:55:11 AM

Faucet is...
well...

Try to visit my site, there is an explanation there for what is faucet and my list of good paying faucets:

http://digi-eye.esy.es/Earn-Bits
neowne

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 10:15:22 AM

A faucet is a website which gives you a small amount of bitcoins so called satoshi. If you want more informations about it or start claiming some free bitcoins then take a look at this site bitaler.com. It explains what a faucet is and you can also claim some satoshi there.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 01:28:50 PM

For Users:
Faucet is a free bitcoin earning source which gives a small amount of btc when someone using it's claiming system, it is free and very easy earning source for newbies, but because of faucet's low payout most of people don't like faucet and consider it as time wasting work..

For Owners:
Faucet is a PHP web script. we can easily install it on our hosting and PHP database, as faucet owner we can earn money by serving advertisements from various advertising networks.
There are two most famous faucet script providers,
1: Faucetbox.
2: Xapo.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: