Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:46:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple version of blockchain? Blockchain for training?  (Read 781 times)
vr7 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 07:57:45 PM

Please tell me whether there is a simple/lighter version of blockchain, you can install and learn "at home"?
Link?
Which implementation blockchain better learning?
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 08:51:46 PM

What do you mean with lighter?
An easy to use lightweight blockchain software or a software where you do not need to download the entire blockchain data?

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 08:59:29 PM

testnet in a box might be your answer. basically it's your own little block chain and you can do anything you want with it.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2016, 09:46:21 AM

What doyou mean? Blockchain is fairly simple and user friendly already. Just create an account and hit new wallet. There is also a mobile app.

Repeat after me, it will make your live with bitcoin and bitcointalk.org easier and less confusing:

Blockchain.info is a service is a service is a service and not the blockchain!

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 11:33:56 AM

What doyou mean? Blockchain is fairly simple and user friendly already. Just create an account and hit new wallet. There is also a mobile app.

Repeat after me, it will make your live with bitcoin and bitcointalk.org easier and less confusing:

Blockchain.info is a service is a service is a service and not the blockchain!
^ I have to tell so many people that, and it drives me nuts. THE (THE!) BLOCKCHAIN is a blockchain, and BLOCKCHAIN.INFO is the service.
If you really wanted a light blockchain, you could make your own currency or go get one for free at a website like http://build-a-co.in/. There'll be no blocks in it, though, but you can change settings so the coin is similar to bitcoin and so that you can play around. I set difficulty to 1 on a personal sha256 coin, and my block erupter is happily erupting blocks like it once did.
zeitman007

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 08:01:50 PM

Testnet is the only way to make a new simple and small blockchain.  The coins have no value and you can play around with the chain.  It will require two computers running it though.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 08:30:20 AM

Testnet is the only way to make a new simple and small blockchain.  The coins have no value and you can play around with the chain.  It will require two computers running it though.

I think you have testnet in a box[1] in mind. If you run your regular node in testnet mode you will just connect to other testnet nodes. Since people are using old ASICs on testnet you might need to hit faucets or ask around the forum for some coins.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/?topic=4483.0

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6659

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 01:39:41 PM

I think you have testnet in a box[1] in mind. If you run your regular node in testnet mode you will just connect to other testnet nodes. Since people are using old ASICs on testnet you might need to hit faucets or ask around the forum for some coins.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/?topic=4483.0
You don't even need testnet in a box anymore. Bitcoin Core comes with a regression test mode which allows you to set up your own private test network independent of everyone else.

mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4994

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 01:43:31 PM

You don't even need testnet in a box anymore. Bitcoin Core comes with a regression test mode which allows you to set up your own private test network independent of everyone else.

I have tried out testnet when creating paper wallets, and i must say testnet itself is not really usable (in my experience and opinion, i don't want to start a big discussion about this).... I sent coins to a testnet address on a testnet paper wallet, but a testnet android client couldn't sweep the paper wallet.
In the end, i installed bitcoin core, started it in testnet mode and imported the private keys on the paper wallet to recuperate the (worthless) testnet coins.

I think knightdk might have given you the best sollution in case you're just trying out stuff locally. If you're in need of a real network, you might try out an altcoin??? Download a new, cpu or gpu minable altcoin, solo mine a couple of blocks, and use it to test out your programming Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████