Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:51:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone had a problem with Poloniex not filling orders? Are they pumping Ether?  (Read 6054 times)
Bisha (OP)

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 03:30:35 PM

I had an open order to sell 500 ETH at 0.0256 BTC from yesterday but the platform didn't sell any even the price reached 0.0265 BTC !!!
It was a coincidence that  I was on line at this moment so I canceled my open order and sold manually most of my ethers at 0.0262 BTC.
That trade was of course at my favor but what would happen if I did not took action ? If the poloniex-openorder-system don't sell "half" of the ETHers is it not a direct manipulation of ETH price?
Was it a bug or something else happens?
Your thoughts please! Did anybody of you had identical experience?

Stratis: Same supply as Ethereum + Masternodes + ICOs + Bitcoin a Core Dev. 90% cheaper than Eth. Do the math.
Psipherious

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 03:46:40 PM

Did you check the order list to see if there was open buy orders of people wanting to purchase ETH from you in that price range?

It's not Poloniex that buys your ETH, it's other traders in the market.

As to your question of whether it would only fill if someone specifically wanted to purchase 500 I can not answer. The system *should* sell it in chunks til it's all sold but... does it? I have no idea.

If not that that may have contributed to the issue.
Bisha (OP)

Activity: 289

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 03:58:05 PM

Did you check the order list to see if there was open buy orders of people wanting to purchase ETH from you in that price range?

It's not Poloniex that buys your ETH, it's other traders in the market.

As to your question of whether it would only fill if someone specifically wanted to purchase 500 I can not answer. The system *should* sell it in chunks til it's all sold but... does it? I have no idea.

If not that that may have contributed to the issue.

According to him the price of ETH surpassed the price at which he was selling them for, meaning his order should have been filled

Stratis: Same supply as Ethereum + Masternodes + ICOs + Bitcoin a Core Dev. 90% cheaper than Eth. Do the math.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 07:12:50 PM

I have currently 4 open orders on Poloniex, including one BUY order which could have been filled since the market price has been one short moment below the limit I've fixed, but it quickly went back up after that. So I guess there wasn't enough time for a buyer to come up. Those things happen. Note also that sometimes, the Poloniex website is slow. I've had to repeat orders a few times because there weren't saved the first time.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
hananl1styo

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Translator English to Indonesian Language

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 10:06:47 AM

maybe it is not manipulation of price ethereum,but, possibly it was a bug website of poloniex, since about yesterday's ago, the price is 0.0265 BTC per ethereum and really exist in bittrex.
malinusmaximus

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:48:56 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2018, 05:18:22 PM by malinusmaximus

im having the same issue with yobit, i ordered 729.895 Ecash @ .80 and at $1.20 went to sell and realized they only completed 177 and the rest is in some sort of reserve.
are you familiar with this? if i cancell order will i get the price i cancelled at or did i get shafted?

it was in reserved order and i was unaware so im screwed out of alot of money only got paid for 177 instead of the 729.895 so they got me on that one. ill always cancell my order right away and rebuy next time this happens.
jezus

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:38:29 AM

Not so many people want buy on 1 orders.

█████████████████████████████████████████
██                                     ██
██ █████████████▄ ▀███████████████████ ██
██ ██          ▀██▄ ▀██▄            ██ ██
██ ██            ▀██▄ ▀██▄          ██ ██
██ ██              ▀██▄ ▀██▄        ██ ██
██ ██                ▀██▄ ▀██▄  ▄▄████ ██
██ ██                  ▀██▄ ▀████▀▀    ██
██ ██                    ▀██▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ██
██ ██▄                     ▀██  ██  ██ ██
██ █████▄                 ▄▄██  ██  ██ ██
██     ▀███▄        ▄▄██████▀ ▄▄ ▀████ ██
██ ████▄ ▀▀██ ▄▄██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄████▄▄    ██
██ ██  ██  ▀███▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀████ ██
██ ██  ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▄           ██ ██
██ ████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄          ██ ██
██   ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀█ ██   ██ █▄         ██ ██
██ ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ███████ █████████████ ██
██                                     ██
█████████████████████████████████████████
LASER ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
BLOCKCHAIN WITHOUT BORDERS

A BLOCKCHAIN-AGNOSTIC SERVICE LAYER
FOR IMPROVED SPEED, ANONYMITY, AND INTEROPERABILITY
[]
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:33:35 AM

im having the same issue with yobit, i ordered 729.895 Ecash @ .80 and at $1.20 went to sell and realized they only completed 177 and the rest is in some sort of reserve.
are you familiar with this? if i cancell order will i get the price i cancelled at or did i get shafted?

it was in reserved order and i was unaware so im screwed out of alot of money only got paid for 177 instead of the 729.895 so they got me on that one. ill always cancell my order right away and rebuy next time this happens.
Poloniex had probably a DDos attack at this time. Your issue is resulted by another problem. Mostly orders are not fullfilled completely, when the trading volumen is too low at the given price. It also happens for example on poloniex and cryptopia. This issue can only be solved, when you cancel the order and wait for a good price to buy again and reach the trading minimum  to sell it completely. I have a few of these residual amounts.
malinusmaximus

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:26:49 AM

i bought Bitcoin (BCRED) on yobit for 190000 and when i went to sell at 30000 i noticed that i could only sell 160000 wtf seriously if i buy at 190000 last price then why is my ability to sell at 30000 reduced to 14-15k if the markets up? did tha add me to some B.S. book ? its crazy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: