Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 03:24:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][slock.it][Company] IoT meets blockchain - A TheDAO proposal  (Read 66142 times)
loki0505

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 07:41:07 PM

so all the crypto world devs and owners from coinbase to genesis owners (wink twins) have "invested" in the DAO, but some weirdo on this thread claims its a scam?? Bud, show us your resume and see if it holds up with these geniuses so WE CAN BELIEVE YOU.
loki0505

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 07:42:44 PM

Anyone who didn't obtain their ETH through the ETH ICO is looking at monumental losses.

This is the price of hype.  DAO is overbought to hell and back, and the board room is full of random internet douchebags.

This will be a bloodletting for the history books

yup.

lisk too as well.

waves seems like it too...maybe.

HA, I just checked my MIST wallet.....WINNING.
AleScamHole

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 07:55:20 PM

Anyone who didn't obtain their ETH through the ETH ICO is looking at monumental losses.

This is the price of hype.  DAO is overbought to hell and back, and the board room is full of random internet douchebags.

yup.

lisk too as well.

have fun with that. i wont touch that buggy thing.  poeple getting hacked left and right. gatecoin, big private miner for 7200ETH. and all from the legit holes known in the wallet.
so ya, have fun
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 08:28:41 PM

However given that around 10% of eth or more is in DAO, this looks open to another interpretation.

If much more that 10% of Eth are collected, I wonder how well eth can function given the block or Eth in relatively small hands....if it get to 20%+ % then what?

I think they will collect 30% of all ETH at the end. Or it could be that ETH will rise in value, then they collect less, but the total amount in $ would be bigger.

Now they have 10% of all ETH and I think thats just one third what they will collect at the end.

The price of ETH will skyrocket to 0.04. That what I see.

if ETH price rockets will it be a race to see who can exit the DAO first?

It's not that simple, you can decide to burn your dao token and get your ETH back (why you didn't just hold it to do that?). The problem is that if many of them do this, the tokens themselves start to get more valuable as there would be a finite number. I agree that if the DAO creates 1.5 billion at least 500 millions will be burned before any proposal is approved.
loki0505

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 01:12:41 AM

yup.

lisk too as well.

have fun with that. i wont touch that buggy thing.  poeple getting hacked left and right. gatecoin, big private miner for 7200ETH. and all from the legit holes known in the wallet.
so ya, have fun

hacked left and right huh? listen u big dummy...dude got remote hacked by port forwarding...if you know anything about network, you can easily scan and see what ports are listening...why would dude have port opened.....uhhhh duh it was due to a remote hack form a person controlling his PC/Machine.  But you wouldnt know that, jsut like you make up fake claims of Mist wallet being hacked left and right...LOL.  Link please hater!! stay broke
AleScamHole

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 01:20:18 AM

yup.

lisk too as well.

so ya, have fun

hacked left and right huh? listen u big dummy...dude got remote hacked by port forwarding...if you know anything about network, you can easily scan and see what ports are listening...why would dude have port opened.....uhhhh duh it was due to a remote hack form a person controlling his PC/Machine.  But you wouldnt know that, jsut like you make up fake claims of Mist wallet being hacked left and right...LOL.  Link please hater!! stay broke

obviously you spend ZERO time on the DAOHUB.ORG unlike me... or you would know how the "devs" handle the buggy mist wallet
but here's some links, you tell me what that user did wrong hmmm?
what did gatecoin do wrong then hmmm?
since you know so much you should work for them instead of living in the pennystock section of BCT (altcoins)
https://forum.daohub.org/t/urgent-buying-dao-using-mist-has-hacked/1742
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-exchange-gatecoin-hacked-250-btc-185000-eth-lost/
chickenfried12
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 01:40:16 AM

so um... at this point, does anyone else feel like the project is overfunded?  i almost think i should have keep my eth...

Full disclaimer: I put 1 eth in for 100dao..

A lot of DAO tokens will be burned back to ETH so don't think that will be the final number it will decrease a lot, how much we don't know, it's pure speculation based on ETH price and DAO tokens price too when they start to get traded.

my speculation with numbers tells me they will create some 2 Billion tokens. The value in $ will depend on ETH price (i guess it will raise, but its very volatile, so hard to tell numbers). I do hope alot of people will buy some tokens to make this project a full success. The more money they collect, the more they can spend on projects :-)
IMHO I think that the Crowdfund will end with about 1.3 Billion tokens being created...
Borgminer

Activity: 758

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 03:26:04 AM

daohub.us daohub.biz and daohub.us up for grabs .  should i auction them off on godaddy ?
Arrakeen

Activity: 532

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 05:48:11 AM

Anyone else want nothing to do with this 'project'?

"Wow, largest crowdfund in history! Better get in!"

....seems to be the reasoning behind 90% of people giving their money to these guys.  Not shady at all, that every 'curator' is part of the ETH team (but they're only curators, and I'm only taking their word for it!), or that you could only buy in with ETH...or that even with >$100m raised, only two random startups are being used as examples of why this will 'revolutionize' the VC industry...much like the over-hyped 'eth dapps' scheme which ultimately produced nothing worth noting.....seriously, how the hell is this web 2.0 site worth the millions poured into eth? The first link you click on inside the official eth dapps site: http://ethereumgames.net/ truly revolutionary....  Roll Eyes

What I really want to know is where all this money is going, besides the ETH team's pockets.  100 million is serious business, yet I have a feeling it'll somehow become laundered into obscurity fast, with nothing to show for. 

No offense intended, just highly skeptical considering what information is currenly available...

JollyTrades

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:38:43 AM

....seems to be the reasoning behind 90% of people giving their money to these guys.  Not shady at all, that every 'curator' is part of the ETH team (but they're only curators, and I'm only taking their word for it!), or that you could only buy in with ETH...or that even with >$100m raised, only two random startups are being used as examples of why this will 'revolutionize' the VC industry...much like the over-hyped 'eth dapps' scheme which ultimately produced nothing worth noting.....seriously, how the hell is this web 2.0 site worth the millions poured into eth? The first link you click on inside the official eth dapps site: http://ethereumgames.net/ truly revolutionary....  Roll Eyes

What I really want to know is where all this money is going, besides the ETH team's pockets.  100 million is serious business, yet I have a feeling it'll somehow become laundered into obscurity fast, with nothing to show for. 

No offense intended, just highly skeptical considering what information is currenly available...

And I'm still seeking convincing answer here: So what's the deal with Slock.it?

And also there: So what's the deal with smart contracts?
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:49:37 AM

Has the purchasing of DAO slowed down at all? Where can I look at volume numbers, etc?
here https://daohub.org/
fartbags (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:50:47 AM

Slock.it is a company. TheDAO is a DAO.
Slock.it is a company. We have nothing to do with TheDAO. They are different things. We will make a proposal to get $ETH from TheDAO. What do you get in return? That is up to the voters. We might offer you nothing or we might offer you the entire equity of the company. You vote on proposals. Read them carefully.

This is a very important piece of information!

Slock.it is a company. If we give them the $ETH from TheDAO, we should get the best return possible. Do not let them screw over TheDAO and take all the money leaving us with nothing.

Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 08:01:09 AM

daohub.us daohub.biz and daohub.us up for grabs .  should i auction them off on godaddy ?

Are you selling dauhub.us twice?  Roll Eyes
Borgminer

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 11:05:54 AM

thanks for catching it . actually i just got them for the fun of it .   im not going to use them . i will sell them on an auction though .  was going to setup sites promoting the idea .  daohub.us (forum)  daohub.biz(selling and purchasing products)  daohub i was just going to give the dao for a small amount so he can use it for mobile devices .  i love eth . i have to read up more on the dao concept though .
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 11:09:41 AM

thanks for catching it . actually i just got them for the fun of it .   im not going to use them . i will sell them on an auction though .  was going to setup sites promoting the idea .  daohub.us (forum)  daohub.biz(selling and purchasing products)  daohub i was just going to give the dao for a small amount so he can use it for mobile devices .  i love eth . i have to read up more on the dao concept though .

Maybe you should try setting something up on those domains, if you have a working platform going it would auction off for more.
Borgminer

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 11:15:35 AM

Maybe you should try setting something up on those domains, if you have a working platform going it would auction off for more.

ill see what i can do thanks
HappyComplex

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 12:54:54 PM

https://i.imgur.com/vmCENp0.png
TrueAnon
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 01:38:48 PM

Well said and not a sheep.  I too own some and hope we not be screwed. But like Fartbags said....people have to see how things could work out nicely but also not very well with the way DAO works.  Given the top few who own most of the DAO (thus the voting power/rights) they will prob get away with whatever they want (as usual in crypto) while the other 99% of us are screwed.  But I hope this no happen as such being.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 01:50:58 PM

....seems to be the reasoning behind 90% of people giving their money to these guys.  Not shady at all, that every 'curator' is part of the ETH team (but they're only curators, and I'm only taking their word for it!), or that you could only buy in with ETH...or that even with >$100m raised, only two random startups are being used as examples of why this will 'revolutionize' the VC industry...much like the over-hyped 'eth dapps' scheme which ultimately produced nothing worth noting.....seriously, how the hell is this web 2.0 site worth the millions poured into eth? The first link you click on inside the official eth dapps site: http://ethereumgames.net/ truly revolutionary....  Roll Eyes

What I really want to know is where all this money is going, besides the ETH team's pockets.  100 million is serious business, yet I have a feeling it'll somehow become laundered into obscurity fast, with nothing to show for.  

Well said and not a sheep.  I too own some and hope we not be screwed. But like Fartbags said....people have to see how things could work out nicely but also not very well with the way DAO works.  Given the top few who own most of the DAO (thus the voting power/rights) they will prob get away with whatever they want (as usual in crypto) while the other 99% of us are screwed.  But I hope this no happen as such being.

Those in the minority can always split, either on their own or as a group. Us little guys will need to pay attention to what the proposals are and learn how to split if it comes to that. One could also bail by dumping on the exchanges too. I fear that the DAO will end up being drained by a bunch of projects that appear really promising, but are just vaporware scams.
TrueAnon
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 01:57:03 PM

....seems to be the reasoning behind 90% of people giving their money to these guys.  Not shady at all, that every 'curator' is part of the ETH team (but they're only curators, and I'm only taking their word for it!), or that you could only buy in with ETH...or that even with >$100m raised, only two random startups are being used as examples of why this will 'revolutionize' the VC industry...much like the over-hyped 'eth dapps' scheme which ultimately produced nothing worth noting.....seriously, how the hell is this web 2.0 site worth the millions poured into eth? The first link you click on inside the official eth dapps site: http://ethereumgames.net/ truly revolutionary....  Roll Eyes

What I really want to know is where all this money is going, besides the ETH team's pockets.  100 million is serious business, yet I have a feeling it'll somehow become laundered into obscurity fast, with nothing to show for.  

Well said and not a sheep.  I too own some and hope we not be screwed. But like Fartbags said....people have to see how things could work out nicely but also not very well with the way DAO works.  Given the top few who own most of the DAO (thus the voting power/rights) they will prob get away with whatever they want (as usual in crypto) while the other 99% of us are screwed.  But I hope this no happen as such being.

Those in the minority can always split, either on their own or as a group. Us little guys will need to pay attention to what the proposals are and learn how to split if it comes to that. One could also bail by dumping on the exchanges too. I fear that the DAO will end up being drained by a bunch of projects that appear really promising, but are just vaporware scams.

Yes...I was fearing this will not be the case as those with deciding votes, could they not just choose to push decision towards such project they have hands in?  I trying not to be FUD filled for this but it's hard when top ppl control yet another "coin" or project that can drive the funds a certain way that will just screw over more ppl?  We ALL know many ppl are in such biz to make btc's and this will be no different, but that's trading in this funky scene.  It's disgusting how many will create more bs to make some gains.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: