Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:16:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New feature of POloniex , maker-taker fee schedule.  (Read 1566 times)
CrimBit (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 03:00:56 AM

Effective March 20, 2016
In order to encourage robust liquidity and tighter spreads in our markets, Poloniex will be moving to a volume-tiered, maker-taker fee schedule. All users will be moved to the new model on March 20, 2016, but if you prefer to get started with the new fee schedule sooner, you may opt in now.
What Does Maker-Taker Mean?

Every trade occurs between two parties: the maker, whose order exists on the order book prior to the trade, and the taker, who places the order that matches (or "takes") the maker's order. Makers are so named because their orders make the liquidity in a market. Takers are the ones who remove this liquidity by matching makers' orders with their own.

The maker-taker model encourages market liquidity by rewarding the makers of that liquidity with a fee discount. It also results in a tighter market spread due to the increased incentive for makers to outbid each other. The higher fee that the taker pays is usually offset by the better prices this tighter spread provides.
What Are the New Fees?

Every 24 hours, we will calculate the last 30 days of trading volume on your account and dynamically adjust your fees according to the following schedule:

Maker    Taker    Trade Volume (trailing 30 day avg)
0.15%    0.25%    < 600 BTC
0.14%    0.24%    ≥ 600 BTC
0.12%    0.22%    ≥ 1,200 BTC
0.10%    0.20%    ≥ 2,400 BTC
0.08%    0.16%    ≥ 6,000 BTC
0.05%    0.14%    ≥ 12,000 BTC
0.02%    0.12%    ≥ 18,000 BTC
0.00%    0.10%    ≥ 24,000 BTC

This table applies to both spot and margin trading.
im trader at Poloniex, but my volume under 200btc/month i think this feature very usefull for me  Grin
i can use maker feature to get higher profit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BARR_Official

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 03:12:33 AM

im trader at Poloniex, but my volume under 200btc/month i think this feature very usefull for me  Grin
i can use maker feature to get higher profit

The people with higher volume will always be able to afford to sell a little cheaper than you and buy a little higher than you, because they're doing it cheaper than you.

Not many people will be doing 24,000 BTC per month at Poloniex, but they have been totaling over a million BTC per month (over half of it Ethereum) so there must be a few people who qualify.

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 06:04:32 AM

It s a nice feature to foster trade on Polo but in reality I dont think it ll have any major effect.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Matarin

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 09:20:50 AM

0.14%    0.24%    ≥ 600 BTC

In order to qualify the 0.24 fee, we have to trade on average 20 bitcoins a day. Not many people can reach that level.
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 03:22:32 PM

share an article http://coinour.com/index.php/poloniex-lowers-the-fees-for-high-volume-traders-march-10-2016/
Most of the users are only qualified 0.15 / 0.25 BTC! never mind at least the fees is reduced 25% if we are a maker!
Natniadan

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:44:35 PM

share an article http://coinour.com/index.php/poloniex-lowers-the-fees-for-high-volume-traders-march-10-2016/
Most of the users are only qualified 0.15 / 0.25 BTC! never mind at least the fees is reduced 25% if we are a maker!

So from now on, I will be a market maker. So I can put my buy price 0.0000001 below the selling price and somebody sell it to me, am i qualified as a maker>
Washika

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 05:22:22 PM

The maker/taker schedule will make the Ethereum market much more liquid. So the price of Ethereum might rise in the future.
SparkyU

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 08:29:12 PM

It s a nice feature to foster trade on Polo but in reality I dont think it ll have any major effect.

I agree, I think at best it's a trivial change.
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 04:25:28 PM

Is it me or is over all volume down because of this.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:01:45 PM

It might encourage people to set up buy and sell orders when they normally wouldn't have. I guess patient traders are happy to do the maker role. But people doing momentum trading will stick to the taker fees for fear of missing a big move.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:38:06 PM

It might encourage people to set up buy and sell orders when they normally wouldn't have. I guess patient traders are happy to do the maker role. But people doing momentum trading will stick to the taker fees for fear of missing a big move.

It has only encourage me to move my funds out.  I only started trading there because of the high volume.  But your right, ill set up buys and sell back on Bittrex.
Washika

Activity: 332

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 10:34:18 AM

It has only encourage me to move my funds out.  I only started trading there because of the high volume.  But your right, ill set up buys and sell back on Bittrex.

For me, I am patient and can always set up a order just a few notches above the buy orders to buy and save fees.
Sprite160

Activity: 281

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:46:01 PM

So, you only have to do 144 Million dollars in trades to not pay maker fees like some other exchanges.

Natniadan

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:43:06 AM

So, you only have to do 144 Million dollars in trades to not pay maker fees like some other exchanges.

I think it is not possible for me to achieve that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: