Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:06:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 675 times)
emjay2d (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 08:56:52 PM

Hey there! Join introducting myself I supposed, im emjay2d!

Been buying and using bitcoins to purchase for afew months now. I live on my computer and its pretty high end, If i can let my GPU go to work when my computer is idle (as its on all the time anyway), I can get nothing but profit. And with bitcoings being at ~17.20 lately (awww, what happened to the 19 it was at just the other day?), I think i can make 20 bucks every 2 months or so! ...really that isnt so bad imo Smiley Every little bit helps, and like i said, my computer is idling anyway!!!

Great to be here, specially this shit is a large learning curve(imo)!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Andynerd

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 09:00:05 PM

It's a fun thing to do and welcome to the community! Don't expect to be making 20 bucks a month though, the new ASIC chips are going to destroy GPU mining. So what gpu do you have?
mjc

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 09:00:14 PM

Welcome to the forum.

the only thing you need to consider is the cost of electricity, from the increased draw on your loaded graphics card.  The electricity draw is much less if it is not processing all the time.  as long as it is less than $20 every 2 months you're good to go.  Or if you do not pay electric for one reason or another.

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
MartynKeigher

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 09:02:44 PM

Hey man! I also live on my computer! Thankfully though....40 hrs is with great pay! Wink
emjay2d (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 09:05:03 PM

It's a fun thin to do and welcome to the community! Don't expect to be making 20 bucks a month though, the new ASIC chips are going to destroy GPU mining. So what gpu do you have?
Thanks! I said 20 every 2 months! Tongue Dont crush my dreams... but seriously, tell me if im not being realistic Tongue I have an ATI 7970.
Any sort of profit done for almost nothing, is always good.. right!?

Welcome to the forum.

the only thing you need to consider is the cost of electricity, from the increased draw on your loaded graphics card.  The electricity draw is much less if it is not processing all the time.  as long as it is less than $20 every 2 months you're good to go.  Or if you do not pay electric for one reason or another.

Thanks for welcoming me!!! Good thing electricity isnt a concern! Cheesy Flat fee!
mjc

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 09:12:32 PM

Right now the total network hash rate is about 25 TH/s.  When the ASIC miners hit the scene it will go up to 250 TH/s, 500 TH/s or maybe even 1,000 TH/s.  the difficulty will go higher and inversely your potential to earn will go down by the same factor as the difficulty goes up.

I explained it for another user here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=139332.0

I have also covered some of this on my blog : See signature.

As long as you have the GPU use it for now.  Just know that in the near future things are going to change.  If you ask when, no one can tell you.  Although supposedly one of the companies started shipping last week.

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
Andynerd

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 09:16:35 PM

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison

A 7970 can run you anywhere from 625 to 925 MH/s which at the current rate contribution/pool rate)*3600 or 625/25,000,000*3600 = 0.093 BTC a day Which means you'll get roughly 2.81BTC every 30 days.

Correct me if I am wrong!
emjay2d (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 09:48:29 PM

Right now the total network hash rate is about 25 TH/s.  When the ASIC miners hit the scene it will go up to 250 TH/s, 500 TH/s or maybe even 1,000 TH/s.  the difficulty will go higher and inversely your potential to earn will go down by the same factor as the difficulty goes up.

I explained it for another user here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=139332.0

As long as you have the GPU use it for now.  Just know that in the near future things are going to change.  If you ask when, no one can tell you.  Although supposedly one of the companies started shipping last week.

Thanks for the info man! Ill check out ur blog and ur thread momentarily!

A 7970 can run you anywhere from 625 to 925 MH/s which at the current rate contribution/pool rate)*3600 or 625/25,000,000*3600 = 0.093 BTC a day Which means you'll get roughly 2.81BTC every 30 days.

As right as you may be, my system simply does NOT pull that off. its static around ~250 mhps

Not sure what thats about, fresh restart, no startup items, nothing running. The rest of my computer im pretty sure is just as good as the 7970, so, yeah im not sure.
Andynerd

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 09:52:03 PM

As right as you may be, my system simply does NOT pull that off. its static around ~250 mhps

Not sure what thats about, fresh restart, no startup items, nothing running. The rest of my computer im pretty sure is just as good as the 7970, so, yeah im not sure.

Im just going off of what the wiki says.
rpgman1

Activity: 35

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 10:05:02 PM

Is GPU mining still valid or ASIC mining will be the new way of mining bitcoins this year?
EngMan

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 10:12:54 PM

Thanks for the info man! Ill check out ur blog and ur thread momentarily!

What are your settings and what miner program are  you using? They might need to be tweaked....you should be getting alot more .

Sorry, I'm all sold out of x6500's.
emjay2d (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 10:46:39 PM

What are your settings and what miner program are  you using? They might need to be tweaked....you should be getting alot more .

Setttings? Yeah I dont have any. Having trouble understanding most. I do know that im not overclocked and i will not overclock cause my computer acts really stupid, such as artifacts on DESKTOP (not game) already when mining, and if I try to OC my display drivers go awful and i have to reboot........ Odd thing, this computer was made within a year ago, with ALL new parts, and my old PC had mouse artifacts sometimes, and I figured it would be finally gone. Made new pc, all new parts, all new HD... and STILL i get them. Crazy shit. Shit i dont want to even think about cause it really pushes my buttons Tongue

Im using BitMinter at the moment, cause it will start, and continue to go forever. Vs GUIMiner, where it would go, and stop 15 miniutes later. Ive tried several other clients, with no luck getting it to work... Such at python, and uhm.. that autoit python gui.

What settings are you referring too? The -w flags and such?

Edit>> Oh yeah, cant forget the times guiminer goes down to 400 khps, INSTEAD of completely stopping.
leadermeele

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 11:02:43 PM

Been buying and using bitcoins to purchase for afew months now. I live on my computer and its pretty high end, If i can let my GPU go to work when my computer is idle (as its on all the time anyway), I can get nothing but profit. And with bitcoings being at ~17.20 lately (awww, what happened to the 19 it was at just the other day?), I think i can make 20 bucks every 2 months or so! ...really that isnt so bad imo Smiley Every little bit helps, and like i said, my computer is idling anyway!!!

how did you configure GPU mining?

om looking to do so but i find nothing ._.
emjay2d (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 11:16:01 PM

how did you configure GPU mining?

om looking to do so but i find nothing ._.

Not sure this is going to help. All I did was input email and password and clicked start. Smiley I assume u tried that.. haha Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: