Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:33:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AmericanPegasus initiates coverage on Sia. (Siacoin speculation topic)  (Read 4457 times)
John_Paul

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 04:55:30 PM

The difference is I am smart enough and I have demonstrated it. You are free to be ignorant of that fact because you can't comprehend what I write.

All I am talking about is that that you did not make it work does not mean someone else won't make it works. Obviously you think the opposite is true.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 04:59:03 PM

The difference is I am smart enough and I have demonstrated it. You are free to be ignorant of that fact because you can't comprehend what I write.

All I am talking about is that that you did not make it work does not mean someone else won't make it works.

If you were capable of understanding the issue, you would understand it is insoluble. Sorry I can't prove it to someone who can't comprehend what I wrote on the prior page of this thread.

ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 05:00:26 PM

When I discard a design, it is because I am sure it is insoluble. I am smart enough. You are not.

This is just a statement. This is not a proof. Everyone can say the same thing. I would believe that everyone think they are smart enough.

Demonstrating to yourself that you are smart isn't a proof that you are smart  Wink

What has been demonstrated is that if you ask people, nearly everyone will say that they are smarter than the average crowd ... and you can obviously conclude that it's false  Roll Eyes.

About the current topic. I'm holding Sia since ages. It has one the best potential in decentralised storage tech  Smiley.

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    ████      ████    ███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█                          █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.Infinite .
.Markets.
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ████  ████  ████  ████  █
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 05:01:54 PM

About the current topic. I'm holding Sia since ages. It has one the best potential in decentralised storage tech  Smiley.

And that makes you objective  Huh

And it also proves you are incapable of evaluating technology, so I am confident you did not fully comprehend what I wrote on the prior page of the thread.

Disbelief by vested ignoramuses is quite the normal reaction.

I am done here unless someone has something intelligent worthy of my response.

akaman

Activity: 247

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 06:14:23 PM

No need. I am killing your scam now.

Sorry, but I don't think anyone here thinks you have. Your posts read like the rants of a lunatic, at least as seen by the eyes of us sub-humans.

But no worries, in a thousand years time someone will find your posts and declare you the 2nd Messiah.
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 06:19:07 PM

I've read lots of TPTB's posts and tho long winded, he know's his shit. If he's telling you there's a problem, it's because there probably is.

I dumped my Sia.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 07:20:26 PM

I dumped my Sia.

Might not be wise given a turd in a Snicker's bar wrapper could by hyped to a $billion market cap given the level of technical comprehension here.

Sorry, but I don't think anyone here thinks you have. Your posts read like the rants of a lunatic, at least as seen by the eyes of us sub-humans.

If you were really, really nice to me and treated me with great respect that I earned, I would probably take the time to make video hangout with you all and explain in a way that any 5 year old could understand. But I really don't think you want to know the truth.

bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 07:40:38 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2016, 08:16:36 PM by bangomatic

I dumped my Sia.

Might not be wise given a turd in a Snicker's bar wrapper could by hyped to a $billion market cap given the level of technical comprehension here.

If you were really, really nice to me and treated me with great respect that I earned, I would probably take the time to make video hangout with you all and explain in a way that any 5 year old could understand. But I really don't think you want to know the truth.

I had already made a good profit on it, and I'm sure it will continue to climb. But, I'm more interested in finding good long-term investments.

akaman

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 09:31:55 PM

If you were really, really nice to me and treated me with great respect that I earned, I would probably take the time to make video hangout with you all . .

Like you are really, really nice to everyone here? You've been turd talking everyone here since you entered stage. Don't expect anyone to reciprocate an offer for a video hangout with you. Simple reason being that you're mean as hell.

We read and we follow your arguments. We also read, and follow taek's arguments. We appreciate your concerns, but we do not appreciate your attitude.

You are, sir, a real dick-head.
akaman

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 09:34:33 PM

I dumped my Sia.

I had already made a good profit on it, and I'm sure it will continue to climb. But, I'm more interested in finding good long-term investments.

Greed is your worst enemy, so if you made a good profit you clearly did the right thing. Investing 101. Congrats on your success.
americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 10:20:31 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2016, 11:34:26 PM by americanpegasus

Ok, point taken TPTB.  There are potential issues with decentralized data storage.  Perhaps one day a superior method will come along, but for the moment Sia is as good as it gets.  

I feel good to be invested in the best decentralized data storage, and hope they will continue to consider how to leverage reputation systems to prevent cheating & attacks.  If you find an obviously superior method, feel free to let us know.  

Otherwise, now that you have expressed your concerns, you are free to return to finishing your two-years-overdue master design coin.  

You may be smart, but you are also blinded by the pursuit of unreachable perfection.  In life we must sometimes make 'good enough' decisions to get a product into existence, rather than chase an ideal that can never be.  If they had insisted Bitcoin be perfect, it would have never been released.  

Instead, despite its flaws, it spawned a new world of online commerce.  Look at the bright side of Sia, not the obscure potential attack vectors.  Just because those exist, and should be defended against, doesn't mean a product is DOA.

For one, I stand behind my decision to hold Sia.  TPTB can be quite analytical and brilliant at times, but he also suffers from a giant, fragile ego and a lack of ability to convert theories and mathematical ideals into a functioning, real-world compromise.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
cryptodromeda

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 11:15:21 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2016, 11:31:21 PM by cryptodromeda

It's a kind of blindness that reason alone cannot cure.
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 12:28:36 AM

americanpegasus

Hey glad to hear you got a piece of the action. I certainly  think you have made a good investment in Sia.

Despite the previous technical arguments, This coin based storage, continues to develop and is and has been moving forward in the right directions since launching. Also I was fortunate enough to participate in the initial mining successfully. Which went well I might add  Smiley

Thank you for you comments and input.  Wink

Good Luck, don't think you will need it though.

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
xDan

Activity: 688

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 12:33:25 AM

We require trust for current hosting on S3 etc. In the worst case scenario for Sia, we require some amount of trust too. I can even imagine a future where Sia nodes might choose to verify their real life identity somehow. "Amazon EU Datacentre" on Sia...

So if trust is required to thwart attacks, how can it still be better than what we have already?

> Cost. If the result is cheaper than traditional hosting, it will succeed.
> Common storage and payment API/interface across a large amount of providers. Removes the barriers of switching provider.

well, that's the worst case scenerio

I think a way of programmatically buying storage across a marketplace via a cryptocurrency is a neat concept even with trust.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
StinkyLover

Activity: 454

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 02:46:06 AM

Wow, some people on this forum are weak minded beyond all belief! Cheesy

Why not wait till the big mouths produce their own crypto service before tossing their salad. Anyone can talk doodoo. The real heroes get the job done and take the industry forward. The people who make the biggest noise on this forum have not produced ONE SINGLE THING BETWEEN THEM - NOT ONE, and yet weak minded goats offer them tribute and sycophantic plaudits, and dump coins based on the doodoo they spout (I just cannot believe that - big mouth must have cum reading that one!)

To me they are worse than scammers. At least scammers are honest in their pursuit. We all know that they want money.

What do the big mouths want?

They all want narcissistic glory, trust me. Let's see their real work first before giving them the ego glory they crave. Trust me on one thing (please keep this for a quote), THEY WILL NEVER PRODUCE A THING. They will not produce rubbish, they will not produce good. Their output is sum zero.

As I said, please keep that as a quote so you can throw it in my face when any big mouth on this forum produces the tiniest piece (an IOTA Cheesy) of a crypto service.

Meanwhile, keep looking to them for advice and become their follower. Keep tossing their ego salad for them. They will lead you exactly where you deserve to be led.

Don't look back
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 04:49:18 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2016, 05:16:45 AM by TPTB_need_war

Like you are really, really nice to everyone here?

You are, sir, a real dick-head.

I am nice to people who don't waste my time.  Unfortunately idiots are incapable of respecting me because they do not comprehend.

If you replied that I am correct, but you are going to invest (in the lie of decentralized file block chains such as MaidSafe, Sia, Storj, etc) any way because you don't care if it is flawed, I would consider that you had not wasted my time.

After 10,000 posts, I am EXTREMELY tired of people who waste my time. I will explain the issues once and once only to disrespectful antagonists who are unwilling to recognize and admit when they are wrong (which I always do because lying to myself will only hurt me and I don't care about my ego!). If you choose to be ignorant, it isn't my problem.

They claim Steve Jobs was a real dick-head because he berated employees who were not performing their jobs up to his standards. My former very high IQ boss disagrees.

Quote from: Mark Zimmer
The first time we met, was an event set up by Kai Krause. Kai wanted to show our interface improvements to the big kahuna. I showed my idea processor (I will write a short blog post on it sometime).

But Steve's first words were that it wasn't scalable, and he hit the nail on the head. He was like that.

Dumb people don't like smart people, except when they respect them. They especially don't like smart people who are frank and tell them when they are wrong. They prefer someone who lies to them so they don't have to face the loss of ego due to being incorrect, such as the lead developer of Sia. Dumb people like AmericanPegasus have huge egos, whereas at the top where I am it is quite serene. The dumb people blame their huge egos on the ego of the smart person, because they are too dumb (foolish pride combined with the Dunning-Kruger syndrome) to recognize that is their own ego that is causing them to project it. I see it all the time. I just sigh. Not my problem, it is yours. Sigh.

Another reason I am leaving this forum, is I realized the average IQ here is far too low. And I am doing myself a disservice (stunting my own intellectual growth) by not being challenged by people who are smarter than me. I am wasting my time by choosing to post in a forum where the IQs are so low.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 05:14:16 AM

What do the big mouths[astute designers] want?

To be correct, so we don't work on something or pursue a direction that is flawed. We share it because humans are social creatures and through the challenges of peer review (sharing) we learn. And you have a huge ego which you project on me and blinds you to my true motives.

americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 05:22:28 AM

Dumb people don't like smart people, except when they respect them. They especially don't like smart people who are frank and tell them when they are wrong. They prefer someone who lies to them so they don't have to face the loss of ego due to being incorrect, such as the lead developer of Sia. Dumb people like AmericanPegasus have huge egos, whereas at the top where I am it is quite serene. The dumb people blame their huge egos on the ego of the smart person, because they are too dumb (foolish pride combined with the Dunning-Kruger syndrome) to recognize that is their own ego that is causing them to project it. I see it all the time. I just sigh. Not my problem, it is yours. Sigh.

Please refer to Don Draper's conversation with Pete in the pilot episode.  If you persist with this attitude, it won't matter whether you are right or wrong.  Your intelligence will not matter.  

You will be unable to affect any change, nor launch a single crumb.  

Because people will not like you.  And until machines run Earth 100%, you will still need to win the hearts and loyalty of people to accomplish anything in this life.  Technical excellence and an analytical mind will only get you so far.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 05:34:22 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2016, 06:04:33 AM by TPTB_need_war

Ok, point taken TPTB.  There are potential issues with decentralized data storage.  Perhaps one day a superior method will come along, but for the moment Sia is as good as it gets.

So now it is confirmed that you are a sleazy pumper.  

No there are not potential issues. There are insoluble flaws in ALL possible decentralized file storage block chains which rendered them entirely indefensible. You can only pursue these speculations as a P&D. If you can't recognize this, then I won't waste my time on your inability to understand the technology even after it has been explained to you.

I feel good to be invested in the best decentralized data storage, and hope they will continue to consider how to leverage reputation systems to prevent cheating & attacks.  If you find an obviously superior method, feel free to let us know.  

Of course you do, because you have vested interest because you bought 1/1000th of the illegal unregistered securities (pre-sold for a lie that is vaporware) and now are pumping these lies on unwary n00bs. I am recording all of this for the future SEC investigations and jail time for those who deserve to go to jail.

Reputation is centralization. Period. Learn the about the power vacuum of reputation in the Iron Law of Political Economics. You won't understand the reason a power vacuum must always be filled by the winner-take-all, because you lack sufficient IQ.

You may be smart, but you are also blinded by the pursuit of unreachable perfection.

In case you haven't noticed (given you even offered to help me relocate because of my health issue, which I obviously decline because I don't accept help from unethical people such as yourself), I've had a debilitating health issue which prevented me from working. I've spent most of the past 3 years in delirium and trying to use the time for something productive by thinking about crypto, because I was incapable of doing any thing else.

My work history is I have created more than one million user product. When I am healthy, I can do so again.

You have invested at the early stage in no million user products and never will. I guarantee that. I create them from scratch. You pump idiotic shit such as Aeon and this Sia crap. Smooth will never produce a million user product because he has no experience in doing so. Smooth is very experienced at creating server software for financial institutions, not end user software for the masses. These are relevant facts which you are blinded to.

Unfortunately for you and your investments, I am having reasonably good improvement due to a multi-herbal tea I've been drinking past week or so.

In life we must sometimes make 'good enough' decisions to get a product into existence, rather than chase an ideal that can never be.

This applies to software that can be improved. It doesn't apply to insolubly flawed block chain designs. That is a crucial distinction, but you are not smart enough technologically to understand why.

Instead, despite its flaws, it spawned a new world of online commerce.

Bitcoin's design can be fixed, because the problem is the economies-of-scale due to profitable mining, and the profitable mining can be removed. Decentralized file storage block chains can NEVER be fixed, because there is no way to prove that files are stored on less economy-of-scale nodes.

For one, I stand behind my decision to hold Sia.  TPTB can be quite analytical and brilliant at times, but he also suffers from a giant, fragile ego and a lack of ability to convert theories and mathematical ideals into a functioning, real-world compromise.

Of course you do, because you are technologically unqualified to be advising anyone on any investments in the block chain design arena.

And there is your fragile ego again blinding you.

Goodbye idiot. Get off my lawn.

americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 06:14:29 AM

Fungal infections of a human are a scary thing.  

Fungal infections of a brilliant human are even more frightening.  

TPTB, please move away from whatever mold-infested abode you are occupying for a few months, before its too late.  

Sincerely,
A Concerned Pegasus 

(Now let's kindly get back on topic - thanks.) 

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: