Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:13:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-1-28 Zeit.de: VPN – durch einen Tunnel ins Internet  (Read 954 times)
gimme_bottles (OP)

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 08:17:35 AM

http://www.zeit.de/digital/datenschutz/2013-01/serie-mein-digitaler-schutzschild-vpn-ipredator

article about experiences with VPN, short mention of bitcoins to Pay for a VPN. Sounds negative because bitcoin is difficult to use.

Zeit.de is the Website of the big German news paper "die Zeit". i Don't know if the article appeared in the printed Version as well.

Wer schon beim Bezahlen anonym bleiben will, kann auf Anfrage zwar mit Bitcoins zahlen,doch für normale Internetnutzer ist das viel zu kompliziert.

translation:
for anonymity even in the process of payment you can pay with bitcoins on request, but for the average internet user this is way too complicated.

sorry for Bad writing, i typed this on my phone, i usually don't do that.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:52:26 PM

for anonymity even in the process of payment you can pay with bitcoins on request, but for the average internet user this is way too complicated.

My experience with bitcoin has been, it's easier to use than banks and paypal. I had never used such an easy payment system before.
Clearly the writer at Zeit never even used bitcoin and did copy+paste from other stories.

gimme_bottles (OP)

Activity: 316

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:26:08 PM

Keep in mind that the article is now 1.5 years old, a lot of things have changed. We have much more convenient ways to spend and manage our bitcoins than we had a year ago.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: