Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:19:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you mining these days?  (Read 17360 times)
staff_1307

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 10:15:29 PM

I mine Ethereum. I think this is the best option
asidamani

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 07:37:21 AM

I mine Ethereum. I think this is the best option

I mine the Ethereum. It is still profitable for me. And there is a possibility that the price could rise very high.
bestluck

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 09:26:02 PM

These days I am not mining any coin, but I want to take a start as a miner and will want to mine first with my computer (Laptop) I am learning all about that first, then I will start.
TheKoolaider

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 09:31:00 PM

Sadly, I've been so discouraged from attempting to mine anything. I was looking forward to a new and exciting hobby. But I'm 3 or more years too late and even with cheap electricity, I still feel it would be hard to turn a profit, even for fun. So just for shits and giggles, I use miner gate and just slowly watch an exciting hobby die.
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 11:49:44 PM

Sadly, I've been so discouraged from attempting to mine anything. I was looking forward to a new and exciting hobby. But I'm 3 or more years too late and even with cheap electricity, I still feel it would be hard to turn a profit, even for fun. So just for shits and giggles, I use miner gate and just slowly watch an exciting hobby die.

Don't use miner gate or any other software that promises you "maximum profit" grab the software for the algo, choose a pool and mine a coin that you want, then you will be a hobbyist miner.  I have done well mining ethereum over the last few months, im very small time and have mined enough to pay for 5 gpu cards plus other parts.
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 04:45:40 AM

Don't use miner gate or any other software that promises you "maximum profit" grab the software for the algo, choose a pool and mine a coin that you want, then you will be a hobbyist miner.  I have done well mining ethereum over the last few months, im very small time and have mined enough to pay for 5 gpu cards plus other parts.

It's almost over, most likely never to return. Hardware investment to mine for profit is a pipe dream.

Kenarix

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 01:38:03 PM

Don't use miner gate or any other software that promises you "maximum profit" grab the software for the algo, choose a pool and mine a coin that you want, then you will be a hobbyist miner.  I have done well mining ethereum over the last few months, im very small time and have mined enough to pay for 5 gpu cards plus other parts.

It's almost over, most likely never to return. Hardware investment to mine for profit is a pipe dream.

The most profitable coin to mine was the Ethereum, but it is not now. It will also become PoS next year.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 03:58:35 PM

vertcoin seems promising for nvidia gpus, and the VTC price looks due for a rally (it barely twitced during the ethereum/alt rally back in janruary)

GTX 1070 ($500) appears to be capable of making $3/day mining vertcoin, and the difficulty has been fairly stable for months in that currency. seems reasonable to think you could mine back the cost of the GPU witin a year, and still have a $300+ resale value as its the most recent Nvidia seies. IMO a 50% profit for a year of mining, using high-value cards, seems better tan piling in the $300 RX480s on an algorithm with a difficulty spiraling out of control

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 04:49:19 PM

vertcoin seems promising for nvidia gpus, and the VTC price looks due for a rally (it barely twitced during the ethereum/alt rally back in janruary)

GTX 1070 ($500) appears to be capable of making $3/day mining vertcoin, and the difficulty has been fairly stable for months in that currency. seems reasonable to think you could mine back the cost of the GPU witin a year, and still have a $300+ resale value as its the most recent Nvidia seies. IMO a 50% profit for a year of mining, using high-value cards, seems better tan piling in the $300 RX480s on an algorithm with a difficulty spiraling out of control

i would say $400 resell value, those thing are brand new, they will not tank at all in value for at least 6 months, and surely not below $400 in one year, that is their price target after all

so you practically need to roi on $100, which is a joke
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 07:24:19 PM

i would say $400 resell value, those thing are brand new, they will not tank at all in value for at least 6 months, and surely not below $400 in one year, that is their price target after all

resale value is never >75% BNIB price, realistically closer to 50%.  but still reasonable ROI within a year, on a card that could run 2+ years easily

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:29:13 PM

Your thinking is flawed. When ETH converts PoS every clown with shiny new rigs will desperately mine the profitability out of every coin. And then go broke. Ha!
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 12:32:23 AM

Your thinking is flawed. When ETH converts PoS every clown with shiny new rigs will desperately mine the profitability out of every coin. And then go broke. Ha!

Yes, but that'd also boost the value of those coins. So it's a good idea to mine them right now and earn the coins which may have very bright future. We missed bitcoin initial stage, maybe there is one more bitcoin-like coin waiting to get a boost.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 01:45:44 AM

Its impossible to tell what a GPU will be worth after ETH goes POS.

During the Litecoin crash, there were $400 GPUS going for $150 a few months later.

All these Neoscrypt/Vertcoin will get murdered once 250,000 GPUS from ETH start hammering those coins.

Even these $500 Nvidia cards will suffer also. When ETH goes POS your 1070/1080 will NOT be selling for 80% retail on eBay.

Gamers will rather buy 2x 480 and crossfire then buy one 1080.

If you want proof look at the difficulty charts for SIA and LBRY for the last few days. As soon as those coins were profitable it took mere hours for them to match the profitability of ETH. This is an example of what will happen when ETH is no longer profitable to mine. Miners are crazy greedy and switch algos like crazy to maximize profits.

The only coins you should be concentrating on are

1) Bitcoins - Buy some cheap S7 and undervolt

2) Etherium - Until it goes POS

3) Litecoin/Scrypt - ASIC very expensive

4) X11 - ASIC very expensive also.

Everything else is only profitable short term and shouldn't be judged by a decision whether to buy a particular GPU or not. The miners reward for Vertcoin, Featercoin, LBRY, are a small percentage to the miners reward for BTC/ETH/LTC.

TheKoolaider

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 02:40:29 AM

During the Litecoin crash, there were $400 GPUS going for $150 a few months later.

All these Neoscrypt/Vertcoin will get murdered once 250,000 GPUS from ETH start hammering those coins.

Even these $500 Nvidia cards will suffer also. When ETH goes POS your 1070/1080 will NOT be selling for 80% retail on eBay.

If you want proof look at the difficulty charts for SIA and LBRY for the last few days. As soon as those coins were profitable it took mere hours for them to match the profitability of ETH. This is an example of what will happen when ETH is no longer profitable to mine. Miners are crazy greedy and switch algos like crazy to maximize profits.

Everything else is only profitable short term and shouldn't be judged by a decision whether to buy a particular GPU or not. The miners reward for Vertcoin, Featercoin, LBRY, are a small percentage to the miners reward for BTC/ETH/LTC.

I've been wanting to mine for fun and build my own rig. Would you think the rx480 is a decent card to have in general? I'm not going to worry about ethereum. I'm far past the point of being able to do anything with it. But for future coins to mine and have fun, rx480 or something else?

I've looked at asics for x11 and scrypt, but they trade off is almost never worth it. PinIdea had a great idea for an asic, but no reply for their email, I assume it was a scam or they just want big spenders.

Sontoloyo

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 04:11:34 AM

I have mining Etherium, this is very simple, for RoI more than 8 months (2 months again I have RoI). for others mining like DOGE and Dash my stop, because not profit again
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 04:38:47 AM

i am mining with cloud mining on some of good cloud mining, and for offline, i am trying to mining ltc with my gridseed blade, although the result is far than i can get, but its a new step for me to mining with hardware. almost 1 month i am mining ltc and i know its small amount at least almost 2 ltc.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 05:18:03 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2016, 06:54:38 AM by Amph

resale value is never >75% BNIB price, realistically closer to 50%.  but still reasonable ROI within a year, on a card that could run 2+ years easily

that's depend on the time, if you sell it now, it's still above $400 easily, if you sell it in one year, around $350 will be a correct price

i sold my two years old 970 for 60% of its value, but it was two years, so 50% is the absolute minimum at which you can sell it

i sell it privately and i only remove VAT from the resale value, and always worked for me, i can bet what you want that i'll be able to sell my 1070 in case this place die for no less than 70-75% within 6 months
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 06:40:56 AM

the interesting thing is that nvidia  excels in most other altcoins, particularly vertcoin as i understand. so a mass migration of AMD hardware might not have *as huge* an effect, and could help sustain the resale on nvidia cards if they are better for the next major gpu-coin

Id expect 75% resale price within 3months (enough time to mine ~30% of card cost), and 50% after a year (enough time to mine full card cost) And at ~23MH/120w ethereum in linux (windows support in the works as i understand) its at least competitive wit the rx480 on ethereum mining

Ziscadas

Activity: 452
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 03:11:51 PM

I have mining Etherium, this is very simple, for RoI more than 8 months (2 months again I have RoI). for others mining like DOGE and Dash my stop, because not profit again

I also mine some Ethereum. But if you want to invest to mine it now, the ROI is much longer, almost 10 months.
greenuser

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 03:38:23 PM

What am I mining these days?

Bitcoin
Pesetacoin
Doge
Viacoin
Umbrella
Greostlcoin

plus I am switching between Feathercoin and Ethereum-forkked (depending on market price)

I'm thinking of adding Burst

Also thinking of mining Peercoin instead of Bitcoin if the price dosen't move soon.

Would love to mine Ethereum Classic but i don't have a Classic wallet.  Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: