Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:05:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to profit from cryptocurrency as a programmer?  (Read 810 times)
gamego.club (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 04:45:01 PM

Hi, I am a programmer (hobbyist) in my free time And wanted to make some cryptocurrency passively.
Currently I am using faucets with some programming skills to facilitate claiming but I need more profitable ways.
I have a private VPS with a domain name but I can't figure up to now how to monetize it.
I don't want any gambling or adult ads so this thing needs to be legit & clean.
Any Ideas??
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 6663

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 04:48:02 PM

Hi, I am a programmer (hobbyist) in my free time And wanted to make some cryptocurrency passively.
Currently I am using faucets with some programming skills to facilitate claiming but I need more profitable ways.
I have a private VPS with a domain name but I can't figure up to now how to monetize it.
Any Ideas??
Create a website that you think people will visit. Maybe make some sort of an automated service. Then just put ads on it and post a thread here announcing said service. People will check out your website and you can make ad money.

For example (also a shameless plug)
I created the website http://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/ which is a service that checks the price of a bitcointalk account as well as a ton of other details that are useful to know about an account. I posted a thread here about it and people went to the site. Since I have ads on the site, I make some ad revenue.

gamego.club (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 07:43:43 PM

Thx for the reply Smiley
If you would like to disclose how much you earn from it & what ad network do u use?
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 07:48:42 PM

If you can make some successful faucets and can get the bots keep blocked. But even faucets costs lots of time to keep them running.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 6663

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 08:17:10 PM

Thx for the reply Smiley
If you would like to disclose how much you earn from it & what ad network do u use?
I don't get many views since the site is super specific to one thing on bitcointalk so I don't make much. But if you make something that a lot of people will use like something just bitcoin specific, then you will probably make more.

I use a-ads.com.

gamego.club (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 08:18:12 PM

Yes I know how to block them or at least make them a loss for any bot  Cool
Thx for the idea but I don't know if adsense tolerates such sites (banned some big faucets recently)
Oscoda

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 09:21:33 PM

Well you get tell about your skills and let people test it with some reduced payment rate in bitcoin.
On the sideline i would think of something creative and try to build a bitcoin related service.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 01:03:44 AM

Why not study crypto itself a little deeper? There's gonna be a ton of jobs related to it in the years to come. Companies are gonna be hungry for that type of knowledge.
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 03:56:36 AM

You have a programing skill but working in faucet? Better to use your skill for build your own project, for example build a website which provide bitcoin service/related to cryptocoin or build an app.
gamego.club (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2016, 04:01:10 AM

The issue is that I am studying in college for now & don't have enough time to manage a site on daily basis.
I have a day or 2 per week in which I can work on it.
In other words I need a passive income while doing my primary work
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 04:19:36 AM

The issue is that I am studying in college for now & don't have enough time to manage a site on daily basis.
I have a day or 2 per week in which I can work on it.
In other words I need a passive income while doing my primary work

You really need to invest a lot of time in order to earn big in the crypto currency world. If you only have a day or two per week, then you wont be able to earn much - not even from signature campaign since most of them have minimum weekly/monthly requirement.

For my site, http://bitrevenues.com/ without any effort in promoting it, I noticed that my site receive less than 100 claims per day. All that changed when I become less addicted to gaming and started to put in a lot of effort into my site. Today, I am receiving close to 200 claims. Smiley.

Unless you come up with an idea to create a site that do not need any effort at all, you wont be able to earn big amount in the cryptoworld with just one or two day(s) per week.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 06:53:34 AM

Any Ideas??
WHAT programming skills you have, if you have like some developement skill offer those services for bitcoin in service section of this forum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: