Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:14:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple iPhone Factory Unlocking - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=158490  (Read 5376 times)
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 10:24:12 PM

Not a big deal, I don't really see what harm anyone can do with an IMEI though.
There, unfortunately, isn't another way to factory unlock an iPhone without the IMEI.

Many people on here know were I'm employed and have much of my info for previous trades (and I would be willing to share those details with trustworthy people) if that helps build trust.
From what I understand (and this is just from some quick random internet reading), someone could emulate or rewrite a phone's IMEI to gain access to the same plan at the original phone is on.  So, theoretically, you could take my IMEI and put all sorts of fun stuff (text messaging, data roaming, purchases, etc) on my next phone bill.  I am no expert, so it could be that this is completely wrong.

I'm not saying you would, as I really don't think you would, but I don't like to take chances like this anymore.  If you could point me to a reliable source stating that this isn't possible, then I might reconsider.  Also, the trust-building things you mentioned wouldn't hurt.

I don't have an official source but it's likely hard, if not impossible, to "create" a new/different IMEI number on an iPhone's Logic Board.

I understand your precautions and don't blame you for having them. I'll PM you for some more details about me.
Thanks.  I did hear from others that the ROM isn't reflashable at all (which is usually true for anything called ROM).  Thanks as well for following up with the details about yourself.  I do believe that you aren't out to do anything scammish at this point.

Wtfvanity brings up a good point about AT&T doing it for free.  The only reason I would want to unlock my phone would be to resell it when I renew my contract, so I may as well wait and do it for free. 

One more question - Would I be able to verify the unlock on my phone, without attempting to switch to another network?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PatrickOMFG

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 10:28:04 PM

There, unfortunately, isn't another way to factory unlock an iPhone without the IMEI.

Many people on here know were I'm employed and have much of my info for previous trades (and I would be willing to share those details with trustworthy people) if that helps build trust.
From what I understand (and this is just from some quick random internet reading), someone could emulate or rewrite a phone's IMEI to gain access to the same plan at the original phone is on.  So, theoretically, you could take my IMEI and put all sorts of fun stuff (text messaging, data roaming, purchases, etc) on my next phone bill.  I am no expert, so it could be that this is completely wrong.

I'm not saying you would, as I really don't think you would, but I don't like to take chances like this anymore.  If you could point me to a reliable source stating that this isn't possible, then I might reconsider.  Also, the trust-building things you mentioned wouldn't hurt.

I don't have an official source but it's likely hard, if not impossible, to "create" a new/different IMEI number on an iPhone's Logic Board.

I understand your precautions and don't blame you for having them. I'll PM you for some more details about me.
Thanks.  I did hear from others that the ROM isn't reflashable at all (which is usually true for anything called ROM).  Thanks as well for following up with the details about yourself.  I do believe that you aren't out to do anything scammish at this point.

Wtfvanity brings up a good point about AT&T doing it for free.  The only reason I would want to unlock my phone would be to resell it when I renew my contract, so I may as well wait and do it for free. 

One more question - Would I be able to verify the unlock on my phone, without attempting to switch to another network?

Don't quote me on this but last time I checked if your iPhone becomes unlocked, the next time you connect it to iTunes it will give you a message saying it has been unlocked that looks similar to this.

http://www.rndmr.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/unlock-message.jpg
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 10:32:32 PM

Don't quote me on this but last time I checked if your iPhone becomes unlocked, the next time you connect it to iTunes it will give you a message saying it has been unlocked that looks similar to this.

Thanks!
panda1

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 10:42:27 PM

+1 . Remember to plug your iPhone into iTunes after you use the unlock service.
theboss (OP)

Activity: 94

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 04:13:20 PM

Yep, you typically have to backup your iPhone and restore via iTunes to "push" through the unlock on Apple's servers.

That restore process in iTunes is switching the current carrier activation policy to the unlocked activation policy after your IMEI is unlocked.

17zXyv5ty7DoukdGHtAReHymR8BewjPUkX
theboss (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 01:56:15 PM

First unlock for BTC completed!

phantitox

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 04:32:03 PM

Awesome service, less the 12 hours, and my iphone was unlock, thank you  Smiley +1
theboss (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 08:54:03 PM

Awesome service, less the 12 hours, and my iphone was unlock, thank you  Smiley +1

Another quick unlock performed!

cptmooseinc

Activity: 396

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 01:29:49 AM

Very fast turnaround time and the unlock came through! I very much recommend this service!!

Only a couple of issues on my end, but it's totally not theboss's fault.

If anyone has trouble pushing through their unlock to the phone like I did, try this:

Open iTunes and plug in iPhone with the SIM removed. Do the restore and wait to receive an error from iTunes that your iPhone couldn't be activated. Don't close iTunes!! Unplug the phone, reinsert the SIM, and re-plug in the iPhone. This will force iTunes to check Apple's servers because the phone wasn't activated after restore. This will push the unlock through and you'll get the "Congratulations!" message. (:

-Moose

The Moose's Tip Jar: BTC - 1HoTm9ZqrEmD5Tvs5qAdPM311agyN3eHra
LTC - LPg9svS4dcK5Kzy6HUoef8icrnDxED3ZVA
TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 02:36:43 PM

Very fast turnaround time and the unlock came through! I very much recommend this service!!

Only a couple of issues on my end, but it's totally not theboss's fault.

If anyone has trouble pushing through their unlock to the phone like I did, try this:

Open iTunes and plug in iPhone with the SIM removed. Do the restore and wait to receive an error from iTunes that your iPhone couldn't be activated. Don't close iTunes!! Unplug the phone, reinsert the SIM, and re-plug in the iPhone. This will force iTunes to check Apple's servers because the phone wasn't activated after restore. This will push the unlock through and you'll get the "Congratulations!" message. (:

-Moose

Using theboss's service and this reply, I was able to get:

Thank you!

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
cptmooseinc

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 05:47:08 PM

I'm glad I was able to help!

theboss (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 09:52:03 PM

I'm glad I was able to help!

Yes, thanks for the help.
I'll change the instructions in the original post when I'm not on my iPhone.

theboss (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 04:08:52 PM

*UPDATE*
All unlocks will be completed in under 24 hours now instead of 24-48 hours!

arashd

Activity: 134

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 01:56:49 AM

Just got mine done. My unlocked took like less than 3 hours! Worked perfectly! Highly recommended!
theboss (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 02:45:39 AM

Just got mine done. My unlocked took like less than 3 hours! Worked perfectly! Highly recommended!

Glad to hear it!

TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 02:05:24 AM

3 phones unlocked successfully. Thank you!

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
theboss (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 03:53:13 AM

3 phones unlocked successfully. Thank you!

Thanks for your business!

theboss (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 06:34:56 PM

Anyone need a < 24-hour iPhone unlock?

iswi

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 01:56:46 AM

A couple questions...

1) Is this unlock performed remotely, or do I have to ship my phone to you?
2) Does this involve any kind of jailbreak, or is the stock iOS left intact?

1) It's a remote unlock (I forgot to add that to the listing); All that is required is the IMEI number and the model being unlocked
2) It does not require a jailbreak; it's a permanent factory unlock that always stays with the iPhone

Can you unlock an iphone from Digitel Venezuela?
I bought it last year so I am thinking about unlocking it

Thanks
cptmooseinc

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 09:40:00 AM

iswi,

I'm 99.9% sure he can unlock ANY iPhone! Hahaha.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: