Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:42:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do I ask for a loan without being Talked to like I am a scammer?  (Read 1335 times)
hardup (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Trying hard To Keep Things POSITIVE

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 06:51:42 AM

Giving respect and getting scammed is two issues altogether. You wouldn't believe the amount of scammers we get here. Remember that giving ID and address does not mean anything in the bitcoin world. I have seen countless cases where there is all information on the scammer and yet the lenders cannot do anything.
why would You let that known? It opens the door for even more scammers if they know that to be the case.If known that lenders would not do anything.  it makes dishonesty come out in people that would be to scared  to scam if they thought they would be in trouble if they did so.

It is about Freedom Of Choice and I choose Bitcoin.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlackLilac Jordan

Activity: 163

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 07:00:16 AM

Giving respect and getting scammed is two issues altogether. You wouldn't believe the amount of scammers we get here. Remember that giving ID and address does not mean anything in the bitcoin world. I have seen countless cases where there is all information on the scammer and yet the lenders cannot do anything.

Getting a loan is not a right, it's a privilege. Too many think it's their right to have one and many are also just assholes.

^^^This.

If you want to ask for a loan without looking like a scammer, ask somewhere you have earned trust. Your bank and family are the best places to start. If you have earned trust among the Bitcoin community, then you should have a good chance of getting one here.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 07:04:03 AM

OP, you're taking this too personal.

If someone rejects you, just move on.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 07:39:29 AM

why would You let that known? It opens the door for even more scammers if they know that to be the case.If known that lenders would not do anything.  it makes dishonesty come out in people that would be to scared  to scam if they thought they would be in trouble if they did so.
That's not a secret or anything. In fact, it's a common knowledge. Sure, the scammer would be ruined reputationally and professionally as his dox and stuff would be plastered across the internet, but the lender is screwed either way. It's a lose-lose situation for both sides. The lender is out of his coins, and the scammer from the prospect of a good job etc.
hardup (OP)

Activity: 140

Trying hard To Keep Things POSITIVE

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 08:00:37 AM

Fair enough

It is about Freedom Of Choice and I choose Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: