Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:56:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whitelist my nick?  (Read 1495 times)
Pkzone (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

I2VPN Lead developer.Antidote to 3-letter agencies

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 09:01:45 AM

If you already announce it's your second account, why not just create the account using your own IP address? As far as I understand you can use it through TOR after you have created it from your own IP.
Your privacy is gone already when you started this topic, so why not just create another account.

BTW, I didn't know about the evil points. Learn something new every day!
Well, nope, I want everyone to know that I am MaryJane-Watson but nothing else.
I just want to keep anonymous and I don't want anyone to know where I am or something else.
Well, hiding my IP is no crime I guess.

Another point: When I first signed up, I did so with Tor (no real IP)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 01:51:23 PM

If you already announce it's your second account, why not just create the account using your own IP address? As far as I understand you can use it through TOR after you have created it from your own IP.
Your privacy is gone already when you started this topic, so why not just create another account.

I just want to keep anonymous and I don't want anyone to know where I am or something else.

Hence the suggestion to try again. Not all exit nodes are this expensive.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 04:18:37 AM

And tor unfortunately has a lot of bad traffic going through it, I can remember when I thought it was great.... but now i just see it as slow.   I just connect direct i'm not worried about mod's having my IP.  I'm not doing anything illegal. 

OP you can keep trying to go from node to node and hope to find a better one.  Or you might try a different service such as decent VPS or use some other proxy's.  You should be able to sign up with much less on cost. 

It is a good system though as it makes it where spammers/scammers cannot sit on same IP and post utter crap posts.
gorgon666

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:01:51 AM

Why should OP have to "try again"? He made a account already. What if this username has some kind of significance? If OP can just "keep trying" until he does not need to pay a fee using TOR, then why not just let him use the username that he made the first time?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 01:16:04 PM

Why should OP have to "try again"?

No one is forcing OP, it was just a suggestion.

He made a account already. What if this username has some kind of significance? If OP can just "keep trying" until he does not need to pay a fee using TOR, then why not just let him use the username that he made the first time?

Sure, easy.

#1 pay (is apparently no choice for OP)
#2 hope someone vouches for you to get whitelisted. (does not seem to happen either)

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pkzone (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

I2VPN Lead developer.Antidote to 3-letter agencies

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 05:52:35 PM

And tor unfortunately has a lot of bad traffic going through it, I can remember when I thought it was great.... but now i just see it as slow.   I just connect direct i'm not worried about mod's having my IP.  I'm not doing anything illegal. 

OP you can keep trying to go from node to node and hope to find a better one.  Or you might try a different service such as decent VPS or use some other proxy's.  You should be able to sign up with much less on cost. 

It is a good system though as it makes it where spammers/scammers cannot sit on same IP and post utter crap posts.
Tor isn't certainly slow for me.

Why should OP have to "try again"?

No one is forcing OP, it was just a suggestion.

He made a account already. What if this username has some kind of significance? If OP can just "keep trying" until he does not need to pay a fee using TOR, then why not just let him use the username that he made the first time?

Sure, easy.

#1 pay (is apparently no choice for OP)
#2 hope someone vouches for you to get whitelisted. (does not seem to happen either)
And yes, #1 is not a choice for me.
I think I should try making another account with the nickname "MJ2-Watson" and try and try again.
Let's see how many accounts I do have to create with a single e-mail.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: