Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:39:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IMPORTANT: Please, help! Can I trust coinb.in's multi-signature escrow?  (Read 489 times)
SLRman (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 06:38:12 PM

Can I trust https://coinb.in  multi-signature escrow for a large volume trade?

Please, help?
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 06:39:48 PM

Probably. That seems to be an online wallet where you don't own your keys, so I'd say no.
SLRman (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 06:45:21 PM

Probably. That seems to be an online wallet where you don't own your keys, so I'd say no.

With all due respect, I was referring to their escrow-service..  and not to their wallet.

Their escrow is a multi-signature one, which means we all(the seller, the admin and me) hold one key of the 3...
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 06:55:33 PM

With all due respect, I was referring to their escrow-service..  and not to their wallet.

Their escrow is a multi-signature one, which means we all(the seller, the admin and me) hold one key of the 3...

That's exactly the thing... If you want to use their service, use it offline without having them as a mediator. But ultimately it's your call Smiley
SLRman (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 06:59:36 PM

That's exactly the thing... If you want to use their service, use it offline without having them as a mediator. But ultimately it's your call Smiley

I don't get you?  how can I use it offline without having them as a mediator ?
(I just simply don't request to have a mediator's public key in when I make the multi-signature escrow?)
SLRman (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 07:08:33 PM

Please guys help me in this... I don't want to end up getting scammed.

Cheers
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 07:25:59 PM

(I just simply don't request to have a mediator's public key in when I make the multi-signature escrow?)

As it says on their page you can download their page and run it offline.

Basically you can generate the addresses you need offline, with their tool (or any other), but if you really want to have a third party (escrow) in your transaction you'd better choose someone that's widely known and accepted and not just a random website. You have a few trusted escrow services available on the forum, I think some of them even accept working with multisig addresses.
SLRman (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 07:31:53 PM

As it says on their page you can download their page and run it offline.

Basically you can generate the addresses you need offline, with their tool (or any other), but if you really want to have a third party (escrow) in your transaction you'd better choose someone that's widely known and accepted and not just a random website. You have a few trusted escrow services available on the forum, I think some of them even accept working with multisig addresses.

This is claimed to be a highly trusted website... 

I'm not sure how could I get scammed while generating the addresses offline ? they will never have access to the private keys..
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 07:00:35 AM

better to trust some known member here like sebastian, he is like the general escrower here, contact him i'm sure you cna come up with something better
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: