Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:45:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The best way to SAVE your Bitcoins!  (Read 2387 times)
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 02:04:57 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2013, 01:54:32 AM by johnniewalker

*read my replies*
Up for sale are Bitcoin Bills, printed on 100% Cotton Paper and with Security holograms. I can print the bills and fund them, or simply print them, put the hologram on, and leave the funding to you. I can do all of the classic Bitcoin Bill Designs (Da Vinci, Psy, etc). Or, you can design your own. The only requirements are it be 6.1'' tall and 2.6'' wide, and have two empty square areas .75'' x .75'' (for the barcodes). Simply printing the bills, I can print
5 for .1BTC shipped. I can either fund them before I send them or you can fund them when you receive them. Of course there is the issue of private keys. I will not look twice at your private keys-they come out of the printer (as a QR code) and the hologram goes on. If doubtful, there are plenty of users who can verify my integrity. if interested, please PM me! Below is a design I made for myself:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 04:02:32 AM

Safest, Easiest, and Most Profitable Way to Cash-Out Your Bitcoins:
Offer them for sale on eBay as a Bitcoin bill. People on eBay pay WELL above the going rate for Bitcoins (they probably just know no other way of acquiring them). PayPal does not condone the selling of Bitcoins because its a  "electronic currency". And, sellers who have sold Bitcoins through PayPal have been burned by scheming buyers who put the coins in their wallet and say they never received anything. And since there's no real way to prove it, PayPal sides with the buyer (ALWAYS) and you are out however much you sold the bitcoin(s) for.
But with Bitcoin Bills you are selling a product-a novelty you could call it, since it is physical, has a unique design, hologram, etc. PayPal cannot keep you from selling them. So, what you do is in the terms of the auction explain that you are sending the customer a physical bill. And once they confirm receipt of the bill and leave positive feedback, you fund the bill by sending whatever amount of bitcoins the sale was for. I have sold two bills on eBay doing this, and: $22/bitcoin plus $2 shipping. And once the buyer leaves positive feedback for their "Bitcoin Bill", I funds it; easy. Even with PayPal, there is no going back after positive feedback has been left.
So, whether you want to go paper to keep your wallet secure, transfer bitcoins physically, give them as a gift (probably to someone who knows little about bitcoins), or cash out by selling them on eBay, Bitcoin Bills are for you.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 07:37:10 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2013, 07:49:48 AM by odolvlobo

...Even with PayPal, there is no going back after positive feedback has been left.

A scammer will pay with Paypal funded through a credit card, redeem the bills, and then dispute the charge on the CC. The CC will refund the scammer, and Paypal will refund the CC, take back the money, and charge you a $10 fee.

Or a scammer might pay with a stolen Paypal account and redeem the bills. The actual owner will dispute the charge, and Paypal will refund the owner and take back the money.

Or a scammer might pay with Paypal and redeem the bills, and then dispute the charge, claiming that the account was stolen. Paypal will refund the scammer and take back the money.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
wabashky

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 07:52:50 AM

...Even with PayPal, there is no going back after positive feedback has been left.

A scammer will pay with Paypal funded through a credit card, redeem the bills, and then dispute the charge on the CC. The CC will refund the scammer, and Paypal will refund the CC, take back the money, and charge you a $10 fee.

Or a scammer might pay with a stolen Paypal account and redeem the bills. The actual owner will dispute the charge, and Paypal will refund the owner and take back the money.

Or a scammer might pay with Paypal and redeem the bills, and then dispute the charge, claiming that the account was stolen. Paypal will refund the scammer and take back the money.

All valid points....you have to really weigh the risk
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 11:05:51 AM

Those are valid points. However, I feel strongly this is a safe rout to go.
I figure about the week delay time (before confirming arrival) would be enough to catch fraudsters. As far as scammer buyers go, they don't receive their BTC until they confirm with me they got the order. This will all be done through eBay messages.
The best idea: just stick with a seasoned eBayer and you'll have no problems. I ignore people with less than 20 feedback comments.
I appreciate you trying to warn me-we stand united against scammers
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 07:21:55 PM

The cotton paper printing is an interesting offer you make.
Unfortunately your entire Statement of Controls consists of, "I will not look twice at your private keys-they come out of the printer and the hologram goes on."
... I will pass for now.
Some notes have the private key recorded on them. The Leonardo note and any custom note just have the barcode. I don't think I can memorize a barcode by glancing for a split-second at it.
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 02:38:12 AM

Unfortunately your entire Statement of Controls consists of, "I will not look twice at your private keys-they come out of the printer and the hologram goes on."
... I will pass for now.
I have further taken what you said into consideration. I know I could type away all day that I'm not recording keys, but that wouldn't do anything. So, I only glance at the computer screen (with printer prompt in front) and print sheets of the notes. I had my 5 year old cousin put all the stickers over the code. Unless that bastard was recording keys there's no way anyone in the world knows them. He loved playing with stickers too.
mjester93

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 05:29:43 AM

I have sent you a PM.
Monster Tent

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 05:35:13 AM

Those are valid points. However, I feel strongly this is a safe rout to go.
I figure about the week delay time (before confirming arrival) would be enough to catch fraudsters. As far as scammer buyers go, they don't receive their BTC until they confirm with me they got the order. This will all be done through eBay messages.
The best idea: just stick with a seasoned eBayer and you'll have no problems. I ignore people with less than 20 feedback comments.
I appreciate you trying to warn me-we stand united against scammers

People should actively boycott paypal. Using it encourages more scamming. You could say it encourages more scammers to flock to bitcoin.

mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 05:51:37 AM

I have a lot of paper wallets with no more then 5 BTC on each. When I want to use some, I'll add them carefully via MtGox. Then I'll either sell them at Gox, transfer them over to Bitfloor, or send them to my personal hot wallet. It's sort of inconvenient, especially if I need to move funds fast. Which is fine right now because I often don't spend or trade away my coins. On the bright side, I don't have to worry about some dude randomly generating the same address as mine, and walking off with an undisclosed amount (more then %95<) of my coins. It's maybe a 1 in a few billion chance or something, but I'd hate to be the sucker who lost millions of dollars worth twenty years down the road.

Paypal/Ebay is not one of the safest ways of "cashing out" your Bitcoins.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 09:20:55 AM

It is all three-don't forget profitable. Thats why I do it. The going rate for a BTC is always about 20-30% higher on there.
Macht

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 08:03:54 PM

... I will pass for now.
I have further taken what you said into consideration. I know I could type away all day that I'm not recording keys, but that wouldn't do anything. So, I only glance at the computer screen (with printer prompt in front) and print sheets of the notes. I had my 5 year old cousin put all the stickers over the code. Unless that bastard was recording keys there's no way anyone in the world knows them. He loved playing with stickers too.

Grin I like the picture!

Just doesn't make it anymore secure
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 02:28:03 AM

FYI I have made a simple app to turn keys and public addresses into QR barcodes. All I do is wait for them to be generated, copy and paste, and I have 2 barcodes/bill (private key and public address). It goes without saying that I can't read let alone remember a QR barcode. Trust me, I understand security concerns. I am trying my best to come up with solutions to fix them. I already have one customer. Hopefully he'll be nice enough to put in a good word when he gets his bills.
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 02:32:25 AM

It is all three-don't forget profitable. Thats why I do it. The going rate for a BTC is always about 20-30% higher on there.
How long have you been doing it?

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
mjester93

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 02:40:59 AM

Just finished a deal with this user for a custom order bill that I made. They have been shipped out tonight. I will update when they arrive.
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 06:29:42 AM

Just finished a deal with this user for a custom order bill that I made. They have been shipped out tonight. I will update when they arrive.
Mr. jester was my first order and I have a second in the works. Jester's went out tonight...we'll see what he thinks!
mjester93

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 04:36:13 AM

I have received my bills. They looks pretty legit! I def like them, and would order again if I needed to. It was pretty cool he included step-by-step instructions on what to do with them. A+.
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 11:27:26 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2013, 01:57:08 AM by johnniewalker

*Update: Bills are now available on plastic paper, in addition to 100% Cotton. Also, Please see the pictures below demonstrating how the security sticker works.*

Up for sale are Bitcoin Bills, printed on 100% Cotton Paper and with Security stickers. I can print the bills and fund them, or simply print them, put the stickers on, and leave the funding to you. I can do all of the classic Bitcoin Bill Designs (Da Vinci, Psy, etc). Or, you can design your own. The only requirements are it be 6.1'' tall and 2.6'' wide, and have two empty square areas .75'' x .75'' (for the barcodes). Simply printing the bills, I can print
5 for .1BTC shipped. I can either fund them before I send them or you can fund them when you receive them. Of course there is the issue of private keys. I will not look twice at your private keys-they come out of the printer and the sticker goes on. If doubtful, there are plenty of users who can verify my integrity. If interested, please PM me! Below are some quick designs I made for myself:

DobZombie

Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 11:37:57 PM

that's pretty cool Smiley

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 11:52:56 PM

Forgot to add-have square stickers by the same brand, if anyone has a preference Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: