Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:17:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gold - the gold bar that always goes up! And get the script for free  (Read 3957 times)
bittulip

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 07:37:04 AM

now it's doing this:

Code:
Array ( [error] => Array ( [message] => Illegal character : at 7 [code] => -32603 ) [jsonrpc] => 2.0 )
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Incorrect response id (request id: 1, response id: )'
in /home/virtual/site295/fst/var/www/html/gold/jsonRPCClient.php:153 Stack trace:
#0 /home/virtual/site295/fst/var/www/html/gold/index.php(74): jsonRPCClient->__call('sendmany', Array)
#1 /home/virtual/site295/fst/var/www/html/gold/index.php(74): jsonRPCClient->sendmany('gold', '{"1GLadosEkeAsL...')
#2 {main} thrown in /home/virtual/site295/fst/var/www/html/gold/jsonRPCClient.php on line 153
[/code]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 07:44:46 AM

The new behavior for invalid payout addresses are your payout will be skipped instead of it taking down the site. PM me if you entered an improper / wrong address.

Thanks.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 09:31:49 AM

It's now a completely -EV game for Bitcoin Gem.

Looks to me like it's completely +EV for Bitcoin Gem, and completely -EV for the players isn't it?

Notice that your gold game is the same - +EV for the house, and -EV for the players.

Whenever the house is guaranteed a profit, the game is -EV for the players.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
maxmint

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 09:59:53 AM

@TradeFortress: Seriously, I don't mind you ripping of my bitcoin gem. Although you could have tried a little harder to come up with a new twist –  or a new layout – or new wording ...

Anyhow, here's some points you may think about:
1. Will people still be buying your gold bar once the 100 btc limit comes nearer?
They know it's gonna end at 100 btc and frankly, who's willing to pay 100btc for a script that obviously is still in beta with nothing else in return?
2. Is it smart to advertise a script that's spitting out errors half of the time?
3. What will this do to your reputation as the site owner?

Just some food for thought.

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
001sonkit

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 11:35:38 AM

Hi guys and Glados, I am one of the player of this Bitcoin Gold, had fun and just like to tell everyone that the house cut of this game is actually 50% (u win 50%, house win 50%)

And this truly inspired me to blueprint a new Bitcoin game based on the scheme you are using. Hope the pool will continue to grow (thou i am not the last one bought in)

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
bittulip

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 11:38:38 AM

1. Will people still be buying your gold bar once the 100 btc limit comes nearer?
They know it's gonna end at 100 btc and frankly, who's willing to pay 100btc for a script that obviously is still in beta with nothing else in return?

I don't think he means that the game ends when the price reaches 100 BTC, just that the price has to be at least that high to win the script. Especially since he said this earlier:

This gold bar can easily go in to 200BTC, 300BTC, and even more Smiley

He should probably clarify his wording, though. It's probably vague enough to scare off some potential bettors. 
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 12:13:27 PM

@TradeFortress: Seriously, I don't mind you ripping of my bitcoin gem. Although you could have tried a little harder to come up with a new twist –  or a new layout – or new wording ...

Anyhow, here's some points you may think about:
2. Is it smart to advertise a script that's spitting out errors half of the time?
3. What will this do to your reputation as the site owner?

Just some food for thought.

I wouldn't have made a similar one, but bitcoin gem was shut down so I filled in the lack of "bitcoin gems". The new twist is pretty interesting to watch although it is more like S.DICE instead of the concept of seeing if someone will buy after you.

1. The 100 BTC limit isn't a limit, it's that after 100 BTC the last purchaser will get the script. It's a bonus Smiley

2. All the errors so far have being one error, which is when the incorrect bitcoin address was entered. I changed it to skip over paying in that case now, didn't want to do it at first because "omg where's my coins?"

3. This isn't a script that I've developed over the course of months. It's a quick project, mostly to see how long the gold bar will continue if the game didn't prematurely ended.
maxmint

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 12:18:40 PM

2. All the errors so far have being one error, which is when the incorrect bitcoin address was entered. I changed it to skip over paying in that case now, didn't want to do it at first because "omg where's my coins?"

I see, I just would make sure this error doesn't appear anymore.
Also, you could do an easy bitcoin address verification in the first place – just use the validateaddress(bitcoinAddress) command. If someone enters a non-valid address, let him know about.
I guess that would help too.

ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 12:27:28 PM

Also, you could do an easy bitcoin address verification in the first place – just use the validateaddress(bitcoinAddress) command. If someone enters a non-valid address, let him know about.

That doesn't always work.
I remember having some problems sending payments at CoinAd.com because the validateaddress() said it was a valid address when it wasn't.
maxmint

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 12:31:58 PM

That doesn't always work.
I remember having some problems sending payments at CoinAd.com because the validateaddress() said it was a valid address when it wasn't.

Really? validateaddress() is an official command from the original bitcoin API, so this should be working –  at least it did very well in my test runs. But thanks for the heads up.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 11:35:42 PM

1. The 100 BTC limit isn't a limit, it's that after 100 BTC the last purchaser will get the script. It's a bonus Smiley

I'm still not clear on this.  How can you tell when the gold has been bought for the last time?  Maybe someone else will buy it tomorrow.

I read somewhere that you give the script to the last person to buy it if they spent over 100 BTC and if it's been 14 days since the gold was last bought.  But is that the end of the game?  I don't think so, because you've said they might get the script AND later sell the gold to someone else.

So does the next buyer also get the script if they also keep the gold for 14 days?  Will you shut the game down at some point?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
payb.tc

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 11:56:01 PM

^ try instead using the blockchain merchant apis via curl

...also, turn off public display of errors!
maxmint

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 11:57:19 PM

And change your blockchain.info user data asap...

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 11:59:51 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2013, 03:08:46 AM by TradeFortress

And change your blockchain.info user data asap...

Blockchain.info second password Smiley

The site has bugs because it was a quick project put together, but I rapidly fix them and if you lose your BTC due to a bug I'll refund you.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 11:27:49 PM

Free bump Smiley
velacreations

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 07:46:23 PM

It looks like this one resets after 72 hours, now: http://www.bitcoingoldbar.com

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: