Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:04:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how was liquidity achieved in india?  (Read 2828 times)
simple_love (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 08:27:46 AM

bitcoin has recently started picking up in india. i was looking at trade volumes on coinesure and it is impressively high (1000s of btcs).

i am curious to understand how the early amount of bitcoins were available in india? were there so many miners in india who had bitcoins in india even before exchanges started operating?

it is a very interesting concept to discuss, because a decentralized asset (controlled-by-all) spiking adoption in india when no one really owned any earlier is quite a challenge. i really appreciate the people here driving the adoption forward. given how mining difficulty has gone so high in recent times,have people in india mining with so much hardware?
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2016, 06:19:37 AM

We have couple of large users/ partners plugged into our API.
We offer some pretty neat addons for custom requests, etc and the rest of the trades are organic or bot based.

This was an expected outcome as we built Coinsecure. India did lack infra for most of this.
Our next few steps are gonna be even cooler in terms of adoption and volumes.

simple_love (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 02:09:22 PM

We have couple of large users/ partners plugged into our API. We offer some pretty neat addons for custom requests, etc and the rest of the trades are organic or bot based.  This was an expected outcome as we built Coinsecure. India did lack infra for most of this. Our next few steps are gonna be even cooler in terms of adoption and volumes. 

what do you mean by bot based trades? when we see volumes on coinsecure (exchange data) does each transaction mean at least one person involved was a human customer?

by users and partners you mean indian people and companies who had stock of bitcoins that offered to sell on Coinsecure? i am just struggling to understand how "bootstrapping" happened in such an enormous way when the volume of bitcion in india was so little. it was a real challenge, kudos to early bitcoin companies.

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2016, 02:29:03 PM

We have couple of large users/ partners plugged into our API. We offer some pretty neat addons for custom requests, etc and the rest of the trades are organic or bot based.  This was an expected outcome as we built Coinsecure. India did lack infra for most of this. Our next few steps are gonna be even cooler in terms of adoption and volumes. 

what do you mean by bot based trades? when we see volumes on coinsecure (exchange data) does each transaction mean at least one person involved was a human customer?

by users and partners you mean indian people and companies who had stock of bitcoins that offered to sell on Coinsecure? i am just struggling to understand how "bootstrapping" happened in such an enormous way when the volume of bitcion in india was so little. it was a real challenge, kudos to early bitcoin companies.

Humans run those bots Smiley, through our api.
The transactions and logic are set by users. We just provide the platform and tools to make that happen easily.

Really can't disclose more than this without getting into nitty gritties, that I wont be getting into Smiley

But the overall tempo of Bitcoin trades across India has improved dramatically. And its growing faster each day.

simple_love (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 03:48:25 PM

Humans run those bots Smiley, through our api.
The transactions and logic are set by users. We just provide the platform and tools to make that happen easily.

Really can't disclose more than this without getting into nitty gritties, that I wont be getting into Smiley

But the overall tempo of Bitcoin trades across India has improved dramatically. And its growing faster each day.

fair enough Smiley i feel that if all the bitcoins we trade in india were india mined, then govt will not give any troubles. that will be a superb self sustained ecosystem. govt can later regulate foreign transfers if they want.

and yes, it is obvious bitcoins is picking up seeing how companies like zebpay,unocoin,coinsecure,btcxindia are still up and running enthusiastically Smiley
obviously there seems to be a future.
dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 08:28:50 AM

It is extremely difficult for the government to trade what coins are India mined and what are not. Especially if they start digging into this after a few years when they want regulation in place.

They probably end up taking declarations from users than actively regulate bitcoin.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

Rotten Egg

Activity: 172
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 10:31:47 AM

bitcoin has recently started picking up in india. i was looking at trade volumes on coinesure and it is impressively high (1000s of btcs).
Could you plz point me to the link where u have got this figure? Is it 1000+ BTC per day?

i am curious to understand how the early amount of bitcoins were available in india? were there so many miners in india who had bitcoins in india even before exchanges started operating?
Read more about escrow.ms.

it is a very interesting concept to discuss, because a decentralized asset (controlled-by-all) spiking adoption in india when no one really owned any earlier is quite a challenge. i really appreciate the people here driving the adoption forward. given how mining difficulty has gone so high in recent times,have people in india mining with so much hardware?
Lots of ancient bitcoin miners are from India. They mined 50 BTC per block with their CPU/GPU. Some freelancers earned hundreds of BTC when BTC used to cost less than 10 USD.

Cleaning BitcoinTalk community since 2014.
simple_love (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 06:37:25 PM

Could you plz point me to the link where u have got this figure? Is it 1000+ BTC per day?

coinsecure tweeted once that they have traded 3k+ BTC in one month.

are you saying one person was responsible for achieving liquidity? how did he get bitcoins?

Lots of ancient bitcoin miners are from India. They mined 50 BTC per block with their CPU/GPU. Some freelancers earned hundreds of BTC when BTC used to cost less than 10 USD.

this is interesting, but quite expected in a country with a billion people and lots of techies. do you know this for a fact or you just hypothesising?

xavier77

Activity: 280
Merit: 252

Xavier

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 06:44:53 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2016, 07:13:19 PM by xavier77

Gambling is banned in India right? I wonder if CC is allowed
I dont know much about Coinsecure getting 3k or more trades in India, but what escrow.ms was doing is still their are so many users from India who are doing buying and selling through so many sites which are not able to get recorded. I totally agree that Indians are also the user of Bitcoin from early age but that was very little knows by most of them.

Yes youre right

BitDice[]               ▄▄███▄▄
           ▄▄██▀▀ ▄ ▀▀██▄▄
      ▄▄█ ▀▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▀ █▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀     ▀▀ █████ ▀▀     ▀▀██▄▄
██▀▀ ▄▄██▀      ▀███▀      ▀██▄▄ ▀▀██
██  ████▄▄       ███       ▄▄████  ██
██  █▀▀████▄▄  ▄█████▄  ▄▄████▀▀█  ██
██  ▀     ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀     ▀  ██
             ███████████
██  ▄     ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄     ▄  ██
██  █▄▄████▀▀  ▀█████▀  ▀▀████▄▄█  ██
██  ████▀▀       ███       ▀▀████  ██
██▄▄ ▀▀██▄      ▄███▄      ▄██▀▀ ▄▄██
  ▀▀██▄▄     ▄▄ █████ ▄▄     ▄▄██▀▀
      ▀▀█ ▄▄  ▀▀█████▀▀  ▄▄ █▀▀
           ▀▀██▄▄ ▀ ▄▄██▀▀
               ▀▀███▀▀
        ▄▄███████▄▄
     ▄███████████████▄
    ████▀▀       ▀▀████
   ████▀           ▀████
   ████             ████
   ████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
████                   ████
████▄                 ▄████
████████▄▄▄     ▄▄▄████████
  ▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
█████                            █████
█████                     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█████                   ██          ██
██████████████████▀▀███ ██          ██
 ████████████████▄  ▄██ ██          ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██          ██
             ██████████ ██          ██
           ▄███████████ ██████▀▀██████
          █████████████  ▀████▄▄████▀
[/]
zencomp

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★ Nakedbitcoins.com ★

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 06:56:09 PM

coinsecure tweeted once that they have traded 3k+ BTC in one month.

are you saying one person was responsible for achieving liquidity? how did he get bitcoins?

this is interesting, but quite expected in a country with a billion people and lots of techies. do you know this for a fact or you just hypothesising?

I dont know much about Coinsecure getting 3k or more trades in India, but what escrow.ms was doing is still their are so many users from India who are doing buying and selling through so many sites which are not able to get recorded. I totally agree that Indians are also the user of Bitcoin from early age but that was very little knows by most of them.

simple_love (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:02:34 PM

i am not 100% sure about the 3k number, but i remember seeing a tweet like that. i apologise if this is not true. please feel free to delete my post if it isn't true.

all this constructive discussion is to understand the potential of bitcoin in india and how "early" adopters we are/will be. for example, i was pleasantly surprised to hear that there were indians were way ahead of this forum who got into bitcoin early on.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 08:04:33 PM

i am not 100% sure about the 3k number, but i remember seeing a tweet like that. i apologise if this is not true. please feel free to delete my post if it isn't true.

all this constructive discussion is to understand the potential of bitcoin in india and how "early" adopters we are/will be. for example, i was pleasantly surprised to hear that there were indians were way ahead of this forum who got into bitcoin early on.

Close to 3k, but not yet. That looks like the forecast for next month Smiley

"December 2015" : "2848.316",
"January 2016" : "2830.204"

bitcoinisfurture

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 05:51:22 AM

I hope it would have crossed 3K by now.

What is the status for Feb 2016 & March till today?
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 08:04:25 PM

Probably April.. .  Sad
https://coinsecure.in/howMuch
{
  "dashboard" : [ {
    "Total" : "14816.5384",
    "2015 Total" : "7113.78",
    "2016 Total" : "7702.7584"
  }, {
    "January 2015" : "47.866",
    "February 2015" : "63.796",
    "March 2015" : "17.582",
    "April 2015" : "25.728",
    "May 2015" : "104.502",
    "June 2015" : "96.262",
    "July 2015" : "90.108",
    "August 2015" : "145.62",
    "September 2015" : "324.378",
    "October 2015" : "1003.381",
    "November 2015" : "2346.241",
    "January 2016" : "2830.204",
    "February 2016" : "2049.8077",
    "March 2016" : "2718.3217"
  } ]
}

bitcoinisfurture

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 06:47:52 AM

Probably April.. .  Sad
{
  }, {
  } ]
}

2718 till 29th March. 2 days to go. Almost there for 3000. Hoping it could accomplish in this month itself. Since little price has dropped chance is there that CS will be able to make it in March itself. Good going.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 03:03:27 PM

Probably April.. .  Sad
{
  }, {
  } ]
}

Bitcoinrates.in was launched in August 2015
Smiley

Bitcoinrates Smiley and 2 integration's on the API happened in Aug.

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2016, 12:11:19 PM

2718 till 29th March. 2 days to go. Almost there for 3000. Hoping it could accomplish in this month itself. Since little price has dropped chance is there that CS will be able to make it in March itself. Good going.

Sooooo.. How many in April? Cheesy
Looks like you made 3k happen for us with your prediction.

"March 2016" : "3004.0187"

bitcoinisfurture

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 06:26:02 PM

Sooooo.. How many in April? Cheesy
Looks like you made 3k happen for us with your prediction.

"March 2016" : "3004.0187"

Congrats  Cheesy. CS achieved the target a month before itself then its predictions. For April 3500 isn't far now.  Smiley

Also any idea what is the stats for Zebpay & Unocoin for March ?
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 04:12:52 PM

Not sure what the exact stats for Unocoin are on the volume front, but they are now claiming 60k+ users

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████