Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:27:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Microsoft Store to not Accept Bitcoin Anymore  (Read 1403 times)
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 10:24:39 AM

I can't believe that Microsoft stop supporting Bitcoin and started to think of ways to use the Blockchain for their own advantage. I deeply hope that they will consider taking in Bitcoin as payment again.

That is how business goes.
Nobody will ever do you a favour just like that, especially of you could be a potential threat.
But don't worry too much.Microsoft accepting Bitcoin or not isn't that much of important.
Let them deal and play with their closed permission stuff.
Why exactly bitcoin could be a threat to Microsoft?
It is just crypto currency while Microsoft is IT company. I don't see how Bitcoin can influence Microsoft in any way, not to mention be a threat to them.

MSFT rather owns already a bunch of ETH than BTC. So it is just logic they push what?

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 10:27:22 AM

Just avoid anything Microsoft develops or finances. You know that they will just use it to harvest information and restrict your rights and usage. They are involved with Etherium, and for that reason, Etherium should be avoided imho.
Don't trust any coin without hard coin cap. The reason behind recent popularity of ethereum is maybe that people think that it will be bitcoin 2.0 and while price is still low they w want to buy it to be part of another bitcoin like price rise.

I don't care much about acceptance of Microsoft, but this info will probably cause rumors about bitcoin (and we already see them spreading) and eventually bitcoin price will drop.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 10:28:48 AM

So what, let them move on, if bitcoin needs the approval of the large corperations to succeed then it is a failed project anyway, i dont believe it does. Grin
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 10:37:51 AM

I hear that they will be taking eth as payment starting monday.
I guess we'll see in a day or so.

i think you're talking about this, it's not about payment option for ethereum

http://www.coindesk.com/microsoft-ethereum-startup-blockchain/
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 10:38:42 AM

I hear that they will be taking eth as payment starting monday.
I guess we'll see in a day or so.

i think you're talking about this, it's not about payment option for ethereum

http://www.coindesk.com/microsoft-ethereum-startup-blockchain/

Nope... talking about funding a microsoft account with eth... coming soon. stay tuned!
 Wink
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 10:41:50 AM

did they give a reason??

they must have somthing planed ( seriously doubt they would favor ETH over BTC ... somthing else planned...), maybe they plan to try and compete with BTC?

" MircoCoin, a blockchain not afraid of processing billion of micro transactions pre day " - MicroSoft 2017 Huh

Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 10:43:01 AM

did they give a reason??

they must have somthing planed ( seriously doubt they would favor ETH over BTC ... somthing else planned...), maybe they plan to try and compete with BTC?

why would you seriously doubt that?Huh
They are already using eth on the azure platform, not btc...

all the signs are clear dude, just look up and read them.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 10:47:54 AM

did they give a reason??

IDK ETH is gas not money, it would be ODD for them to favor ETH over BTC for funding accounts.

can you post a link?

i guess its possible, i mean they MUST have a good reason for taking the time to scrap all the work they did to accept bitcoin

coinzat

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 10:49:11 AM

Microsoft is the one who lose from this decision because they are gonna lose a part from their customers!
maybe they are planning to release their own token and they stopped accepting bitcoin before doing that
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 10:50:01 AM

did they give a reason??

IDK ETH is gas not money, it would be ODD for them to favor ETH over BTC for funding accounts.

can you post a link?

i guess its possible, i mean they MUST have a good reason for taking the time to scrap all the work they did to accept bitcoin

Sorry, impossible to link a rumor
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 10:51:08 AM

did they give a reason??

can you post a link?

well there involvement with ETH isn't a rumor can you link that so i can better understand what they have to do with ETH.

Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 10:51:51 AM

did they give a reason??

can you post a link?

well there involvement with ETH isn't a rumor can you link that so i can better understand what they have to do with ETH.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/ethereum-blockchain-as-a-service-now-on-azure/
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 11:21:33 AM

did they give a reason??

can you post a link?

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/ethereum-blockchain-as-a-service-now-on-azure/
well then...

OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 03:18:42 PM

I just found this thread so continue discussion there : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1399169.0;topicseen (It's seems like they still accept Bitcoin after all)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████