Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:16:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY MAKES DEAL WITH HACKERS TO RETURN STOLEN 13,000 BTC, PAYS 13% FEE  (Read 3287 times)
bitcoinmarkets (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

www.bitcoinfuturesguide.com

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 11:37:16 AM

http://www.bitcoinfuturesguide.com/uploads/6/4/6/5/64656757/5208407_orig.png

This is a totally bizarre story from Cryptsy. A PDF has been posted of a contract that Big Vern (Paul Vernon) signed, in Florida, for getting the 13,000 lost coins that were reported hacked. The deal is to pay 1750 BTC for that, with contingencies to get the lost LTC and other litecoins._

Why anybody would trust trading on that site after all that has happened, I don't know. Since last year we have been warning of issues from Cryptsy.

coinzat

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 11:41:55 AM

this can not be believable, How come the hackers would return 13000 btc for taking 1750 btc only while they can keep the whole amount without returning !! And this proofs that there is no actual hacking that happen and it was a scam exit that was faked by cryptsy
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 4507

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 12:01:11 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2016, 12:21:54 PM by franky1

this can not be believable, How come the hackers would return 13000 btc for taking 1750 btc only while they can keep the whole amount without returning !! And this proofs that there is no actual hacking that happen and it was a scam exit that was faked by cryptsy

its called trying to create a paper trail to make the "supposed" hack seem like a real thing. by showing that there is a possibility that there are people that know about the hack.

they dont have to prove who is now holding the funds or how they were obtained. but by making a basic paper trail that corresponds to the story that it was hacked and people are trying to find the funds. then it can be used to validate a legitimate bankruptcy claim when the funds are not found. and also simultaniously used to say he is pennyless to avoid large dicorve settlement with his ex-wife.

IF its an inside job, then by handing back a percentage of the coins the insider can avoid jailtime and still be $700k better off by keeping the reward, which would be great timing for bigvern. to suddenly become liquid again professionally (the coins are returned) and personally keeping the reward, after his divorce agreement is settled.

in short its a win win. the 'supposed' loss of liquidity was perfectly timed for his divorce. and he can either file bankruptcy by not having the funds return, leaving him scot free of law and his ex-wife. or he can now let the funds return and go back to business scot free of his ex-wife

in short IF insider job. keep $5.3mill and always be looking over shoulder for rest of life, not only by ex-wife investigating but also authorities and customers. or return $4.5m keep $700k and be at peace. settle all debates/debts with authorities, ex-wife and customers

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
cartram1510

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 12:13:03 PM

yes, this is just a cover up for cryptsy, site like cryptsy would do stories in order for them not to pay people invested with them. hmmm. oh cryptst where did my coins go?  Huh
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 05:14:08 PM

Cryptsy cannot still be operational, seriously is it?  nah its not just checked, story sounds fake, as has been said why would theives give back 13000 to receive 1750, it dosnt make sense.
SuperCoinGuy

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Defender of Bitcoin

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 05:22:02 PM

So does this news mean people with money at Cryptsy will get something back or it's just more dust in the eyes to make the owner of Cryptsy not at fault for the missing funds?
tobacco123

Activity: 552

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 05:26:47 PM

Steal and then return. How noble! How about those who robbed Mt Gox?

helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 05:31:06 PM

Sounds like this is cryptsy basically letting everyone know that it definitely wasnt hackers that took down the site but was in fact cryptsy themselves . No hackers going to agree to returning btc when theres no need to.

7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 05:44:10 PM

So that hackers (or Cryptsy) made 1750BTC for just (STEP1) announcing the news on being hacked and been able to (STEP2) pursue hacker to returned the stolen coins.

I guess the hackers should also let everyone know how they hack the site so that other exchanges can learn from this?
Rescue Squad

Activity: 77

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 06:03:45 PM

Why would the hackers return the stolen cash and just accept a fraction of the sum when they could have walked off with almost 13 times the proposed reward? Sounds very fishy to me.
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 06:38:08 PM

It never gets boring in crypto land...

Although if he's really getting a divorce then I can kind of understand what's going through his head. It's all very weird though.
Druze

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 06:47:41 PM

unless there was somehow a paper trail to the hackers, it makes no sense that they would be returning 5 million dollars and keep only 700k.

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 06:48:11 PM

This seems all too perfect of an outcome for there to have actually been a hack, I have a feeling that, as mentioned by other people in the topic, this is a cover up and they're planning to run off with the $400k or whatever and be the "heros" and return the remaining Bitcoin.

Not really something that hard to see through, to be honest.
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 07:38:45 PM

Sounds like this is cryptsy basically letting everyone know that it definitely wasnt hackers that took down the site but was in fact cryptsy themselves . No hackers going to agree to returning btc when theres no need to.

This. Seems odd they would bother returning it creating another trail.  If they do get the 13000 btc and altcoins back that were lost maybe people will see some coins returned to them, so that is good news. 

I love Bitcoin
makingwin1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 07:45:11 PM

i doubt that it is possible right now? who would return 100 per cent of the money for just ten per cent of it? either way the hackers wont be uncovered most probably

it seems to be a little bit fishy to me though it is very interesting how it will turn out in the future
LarryHocks

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 07:49:02 PM

unless there was somehow a paper trail to the hackers, it makes no sense that they would be returning 5 million dollars and keep only 700k.
Indeed, in my opinion this is just a whole scam operation that is going right now, they just want to look like its fair and did nothing wrong.
The just scammed everyone but do not want to looks like to fake so they are doing this.
phreaky

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 07:56:12 PM

i doubt that it is possible right now? who would return 100 per cent of the money for just ten per cent of it? either way the hackers wont be uncovered most probably

it seems to be a little bit fishy to me though it is very interesting how it will turn out in the future

Yes for some reason this sound fishy to me too.
I read that the hackers did not had any plans to use the stolen coins but it was just a message to warn cryptsy.
Limx Dev
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 08:14:12 PM

http://www.bitcoinfuturesguide.com/uploads/6/4/6/5/64656757/5208407_orig.png

This is a totally bizarre story from Cryptsy. A PDF has been posted of a contract that Big Vern (Paul Vernon) signed, in Florida, for getting the 13,000 lost coins that were reported hacked. The deal is to pay 1750 BTC for that, with contingencies to get the lost LTC and other litecoins._

Why anybody would trust trading on that site after all that has happened, I don't know. Since last year we have been warning of issues from Cryptsy.

That is crazy....!  Shocked

Bitcore BTX - a UTXO fork of Bitcoin - since 2017
___██ WebSite
██ Telegram
___██ Github
██ Github - Releases/ Wallets
___██ SBTX Pancakeswap
██ ChainzID Explorer
___██ UTXO fork
██ Coinmarketcap.com
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 08:29:35 PM

Never will I believe that bs story!!
I still believe this is a scam done by cryptsy themselves.
Cuidler

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 08:48:37 PM

in short IF insider job. keep $5.3mill and always be looking over shoulder for rest of life, not only by ex-wife investigating but also authorities and customers. or return $4.5m keep $700k and be at peace. settle all debates/debts with authorities, ex-wife and customers

I doubt there can be any peace even if some document is signed, I assume it is already investigated as a crime by authorities, so nothing can be changed here. Now imagine instead of stollen BTC, someone is kidnapped and he is going to be freed for 1750 BTC and some signed document. It is obvious once crime is investigated by authorities, nothing can change, so doesnt make sence returning the BTC back unless it is inside job to make Cryptsy liquid and operational again.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: