April 26, 2024, 03:01:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Ethereum Bubble Will?
Pop Soon. Below 15 bucks. - 3 (7.3%)
Dump Soon. Below 5 bucks. - 15 (36.6%)
Will Stablize at 10 bucks. - 1 (2.4%)
Will Climb to at least 25 bucks. - 10 (24.4%)
No Frigging Clue of Any Kind. - 12 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens if/when Ethereum Bubble Bursts? What if i pumps 100 buck big? wth?  (Read 1199 times)
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 02:25:44 PM

Not really trying to stir too much up here. But say Ethereum bubble was to burst at say anywhere from  1/2 its value to 5% of its current value
or a complete paycoin melt down.

or

another scenario say it was to PUMP up to say 50 bucks blamo.....

make your own scenario and describe what you think will happen boom or bust.....in this thread

I am not trying to lead the discussion here in any way. But in say various scenarios what would be the up/down/sideways effects on price of other crypto

or hell even just hurting crypto as a concept in general if such a balloon pop'd or if the whole herd switched to ethereum from btc ..

I'll start off

Again make your own guesses here

but anyway

IF Ethereum was to pop down to 10% of its value imho it would likely have a pretty negative long term effect on ALL crypto currencies

looking at it like circuit breaker going off ....ie snap back to 'reality' if such would happen...so I'd guess a pull back ....on crypto in a big way

probably loose 1 year of mainstream acceptance in my view due to renewed caution and likely more gov't interference after the fact.

Anyway make your own theories here with any of the effects you may think under which ever scenario big/small up/down pop/too the moon and its effects

Someone on here if we look back on this thread say 2 years from now 'probably' will nail it in 20/20 hindsight Smiley

anyway speculate away Smiley Whatever the results....always the drama in crypto!

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Litesire

Activity: 458
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 02:28:06 PM

If this price doesn't hold I fear a lot of real investors might get hurt badly and never return to the digital currency fold.

r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 03:00:44 PM

It's gonna implode and everyone who was pumping it already knows that investing in BTC for halving is free money, so all that Eth money will fly straight to BTC as all the non-insiders get dumped on and raped.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
americanpegasus

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 03:29:24 PM

Strange thing about markets - one of the first lessons I forced myself to write down was: Once 'everyone knows' something, look out.    

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 06:51:28 PM

i say the rise is going to slow down and then there is a big dump by the initial investors which will obviously crash the price but not at once so people are going to start to cash out which will crash it further down eventually to ~$1 and continue dying.

but i can't tell what the top is going to be at!

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
cmg777

Activity: 478
Merit: 66

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 08:12:24 PM

ETH has not even a working GUI, this is the fact why almost all coins are stored on Polo or kraken.

Of course they gonna dump it, just watch how many puppet accounts repeat the same shit.

I must disagree with you as they do have a working GUI but it is a pain in the a** to setup as you need all kinds of different programs just to make it work. They should keep it simple and have everything you need in one installer. I think ETH might fall when it goes pure PoS if the devs don't implement things right.

Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 08:15:09 PM

Strange thing about markets - one of the first lessons I forced myself to write down was: Once 'everyone knows' something, look out.    

+1  While I do think the halving will have an effect on Bitcoin, I do not believe it is going to happen the way, or the time, most people think it will.

As far as Ethereum, I am not quite sold one way or another yet. I am probably leaning more toward its a bubble that is going to pop soon, most likely after it hits the big exchanges, so maybe sometime within the next week or two. However, this could very well be the start of something as well as I am sure many of these same arguments and accusations were cast at BTC when it first was breaking above $10.

Since I am unsure of which way this is going to go, I have been selling small amounts of my Eth holdings as the price continues to rise to lock in some profits, while at the same time holding on a bit longer to the larger share to see if this is the real deal. In any event, I am already ahead on any investments I have into Eth, so whatever happens it is only gambling with pretend money at this point.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 08:16:51 PM

My only regret in life will be that I did not short eth hard enough at the top.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 08:17:52 PM

ETH has not even a working GUI, this is the fact why almost all coins are stored on Polo or kraken.

Of course they gonna dump it, just watch how many puppet accounts repeat the same shit.

I must disagree with you as they do have a working GUI but it is a pain in the a** to setup as you need all kinds of different programs just to make it work. They should keep it simple and have everything you need in one installer. I think ETH might fall when it goes pure PoS if the devs don't implement things right.

Actually, they have made improvements in this area and the latest version of Mist has everything you need. It can work with existing Eth/Geth wallets already on your machine or download the blockchain on its own. https://github.com/ethereum/mist/releases

This(no/bad wallet) had been one of my early criticisms as well, but I have been using the latest Mist wallet for about a week now and it is working pretty well.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 08:48:02 PM

how come this forum censors xt and classic, but let´s everyone write about eth? or am i wrong?
btbrae

Activity: 680

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 08:51:52 PM

The windows installer of the Mist wallet works fine if you want to test it out. You might be pleasantly surprised. Be careful as it has risen an awful lot already. If you buy in now you could be buying at the top.
BitsandBites

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 10:38:29 PM

The windows installer of the Mist wallet works fine if you want to test it out. You might be pleasantly surprised. Be careful as it has risen an awful lot already. If you buy in now you could be buying at the top.

That's what I am thinking now. It's time for the price to go to it's original value. And yes that is not at the current level.
But at least 1/10 of where it were. Be careful  the pump seems to be gone.
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 12:06:05 AM

how come this forum censors xt and classic, but let´s everyone write about eth? or am i wrong?

really...I thought that was /redit ?

maybe threads will censor stuff if you are 'off topic'

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2016, 12:13:42 AM

Bitbay has a working 1st ever true decentralised market yet no1 buys it! The whole Altcoin circus is built on hype!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: