Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:10:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Save Bitcoin: Ditch Blockstream and switch to Classic  (Read 1399 times)
sega01 (OP)

Activity: 391
Merit: 333

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 09:23:46 PM

http://nodecounter.com/announcement.php / http://savebtc.org

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Bitcoin development has been bought out by a private company called "Blockstream".

Blockstream is currently paying off many of the key Bitcoin "Core" software developers .

Blockstream has directed the crippling of Bitcoin in order to provide the solution, for their own future, financial gain.

These Blockstream-paid Bitcoin developers (for the Bitcoin "Core" software) are enforcing a limit on how much information can be transacted in Bitcoin.   This is limiting the number of transactions to just 3 per second, approximately.

Blockstream is concurrently developing a "solution" to this problem, called the "Lightning Network".   This "solution" is to be placed on top of the crippled Bitcoin network to allow it to scale.   Blockstream will monetize the Lightning Network in the form of fees required to use their service.

Additionally, for the past 8 months, Blockstream has been utilizing censored discussion forums for their communication, thus preventing awareness of this issue from being widely known. All discussion mentioning this has been (and continues to be) deleted and banned .

In short, Blockstream has created a problem so they can provide the solution. And they are doing everything they can to keep it that way. (View more info on this on the un-censored forum)
THE REAL SOLUTION

Bitcoin is able to scale on its own without being crippled by artificially imposed limitations such as those Blockstream has enforced.   But these Blockstream developers are not allowing this very simple change to occur.

Urge all miners and mining pool operators (not users) to run Bitcoin Classic.
    Go to Reddit.com/r/btc for un-censored discussion.

The only way for this private company, Blockstream, to be removed as the central authority over a crippled Bitcoin is for miners and pool operators (not users) to adopt a different implementation of Bitcoin, such as Bitcoin Classic.   Having a diversity of implementations also creates a positive competition among entities that control the protocol.   Failure of miners to adopt a different version will result in Blockstream's paid Bitcoin Core Developers to have unfettered control of the Bitcoin system for their own financial gain.

Remember, the only solution is for MINERS and POOLS to adopt non-"Core" software.

Please spread the word, and translate this message to the large Chinese Bitcoin mining community as well.

Sincerely,
NodeCounter.com
- See more at: http://nodecounter.com/announcement.php

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AliceWonderMiscreations

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 09:27:53 PM

Oh well if nodecounter says so then it must be the gospel truth.

I hereby reserve the right to sometimes be wrong
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 09:36:30 PM

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
Yaremi
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 09:41:41 PM

Oh fuck!

Зaлeтaй в нaш чaт http://allcrypto.chat/
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1562

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 09:42:12 PM

Altcoin discussion board in 3...2...1...

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 09:51:43 PM

is for miners and pool operators (not users) to adopt a different implementation of Bitcoin

That little piece right there tells me all I need to know.

So for just us "little old users" we don't matter? Seems you revealed your true intentions right there. Good luck supporting all those miners and Pool Operators without us non-important users funding the entire thing. Your whole argument is about Blocksteam being up to no good and manipulating the system, and here you are calling for a select subgroup to front-run everyone else to meet your own goals.

Truthfully, I don't know which side to believe, but I think "as lowly a user" being thrown under the bus to advance your own agenda isn't going to help.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1562

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 10:14:15 PM

is for miners and pool operators (not users) to adopt a different implementation of Bitcoin

So for just us "little old users" we don't matter? Seems you revealed your true intentions right there. Good luck supporting all those miners and Pool Operators without us non-important users funding the entire thing. Your whole argument is about Blocksteam being up to no good and manipulating the system, and here you are calling for a select subgroup to front-run everyone else to meet your own goals.

Truthfully, I don't know which side to believe, but I think "as lowly a user" being thrown under the bus to advance your own agenda isn't going to help.

How exactly do you matter as a user in this context? Users have a great power, but it's limited to whether or not continue to buy/use Bitcoin or move on to something else, so not really useful in this case.

Or do you just need someone to pat you in the back and say "You're very important and your opinion matters" when it's not necessarily true.

Truthfully, I don't know which side to believe...

Don't believe anyone, do your own research and make your own opinion.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 10:20:29 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2016, 01:46:10 AM by BlindMayorBitcorn

The title of this thread isn't entirely honest. It should be Ditch Blockstream switch to Bloq. Or Ditch Core switch to Classic.

Anyhew. This isn't good. Not funny. Not witty. No gifs. Where are your standards?!?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
4by2

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 10:34:44 PM

Truthfully I don't care which chain everyone decides to follow, as long as there is a consensus and the community doesn't get massively divided over this.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 10:40:06 PM

Woah... That was one aggressive announcement. I used to like that website as it gives insight about connected nodes, not so much anymore.

If they really want people to switch to Classic, then hurry the Classic dev team to implement the changes they've proposed quicker and make their client offer better than we have with Core.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 11:04:41 PM

How exactly do you matter as a user in this context? Users have a great power, but it's limited to whether or not continue to buy/use Bitcoin or move on to something else, so not really useful in this case.

Or do you just need someone to pat you in the back and say "You're very important and your opinion matters" when it's not necessarily true.

Truthfully, I don't know which side to believe...

Don't believe anyone, do your own research and make your own opinion.

That is my point, your argument is we don't matter, we just take whatever the big pool operators or big miners tell us to take (i.e. shut-up and be happy) That's where I think the beginning of the end will start. So how is what you are saying, "I as a user don't matter" is any different that what we already have with government and banks telling us what we can do and not do with our money. They make the rules and we just live with it.

Again, we already have enough people doing this to us everyday in our lives, so now we have Pool Operators and Large Miners also wanting to join-in and tell us they know best and its for our own good.
steeev

Activity: 128
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 12:02:40 AM

the desperation of the Klassik Krew has become truly pathetic to witness

they used to be funny, with toomim on drugs and gavin whittling his Bitcoin stick ever smaller with every dismal failure to frighten, cajole and persuade people to adopt his insidious fork - but that was yesterday...

oh dear, gavin, your trousers are down - somebody tell him, he doesn't seem to be able to hear any of us when we say it...
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 01:42:18 AM

<spergy prattle redacted>

You know, back in my day we'd post satirical appreciation threads with funny pictures and cleverly worded insinuations. It was meant to be thought provoking. You macaques have ruined that for me now. Angry

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:25:14 AM

To me this is partial truth. I am running Classic Node, hoping to help but I am open to any other better "solution" if available.

Classic is gaining some momentum and hopeful will turn into something significant.
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:45:21 AM

To me this is partial truth. I am running Classic Node, hoping to help but I am open to any other better "solution" if available.

Yes. Here's a better solution. Stop running a classic node and step away from the bitcoin space.

Classic is gaining some momentum and hopeful will turn into something significant.

No it isn't. Classic has been decimated. And it was never going to be anything significant.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
trashman43

Activity: 298
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:53:35 AM

Altcoin discussion board in 3...2...1...

fair enough. that's why i run a core node. so if anyone sends me any invalid crap like a classic coin, it gets rejected.

squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 03:44:17 AM

Blockstream will monetize the Lightning Network in the form of fees required to use their service.

i'd like to give these guys the benefit of the doubt and say "you obviously didn't read the whitepaper" but i suspect that spreading disinformation is the real point.

LN is completely open; anyone can be a hub. fees for payment routing are therefore competitive in a free market. how would Blockstream be able to monopolize that?

btw the people that conceptualized LN were not Blockstream and there is something like a half dozen open source implementations of it....

AliceWonderMiscreations

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2016, 04:32:34 AM

When I look at what my client connects to, there often is one classic node but rarely two and often none. Usually there is one. Same for core 0.12.0 (what I run)

Lot of nodes running 0.11.x core.

I think a lot of nodes haven't decided if they want to go core 0.12.x or classic yet.

I don't think it is fair to say either is gaining momentum.

I hereby reserve the right to sometimes be wrong
Doc Martin

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 04:34:29 AM

I think a lot of nodes haven't decided if they want to go core 0.12.x or classic yet.

I don't think it is fair to say either is gaining momentum.

People running nodes often don't update as soon as an update is released. That doesn't mean they don't support Core or won't eventually upgrade.
elokk

Activity: 723
Merit: 519

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 05:03:35 AM

Classic reminds me of the Black Lives Matter movement. Next we will see r/btc  filled with rants of how core is racist and blockstream was responsible for 9/11

t.me/bitcoinasic
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: