Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:47:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH GETTING DUMPED HARD!!!!  (Read 55181 times)
bitbitch

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 05:30:47 PM

You guys are delusional,even if ethereum's dev's team deliver half they promise,eth will surpass bitcoin.
Ether could be superior in many ways , but if Bitcoin has only 21 million coins and ether has unlimited then I can't see ethers coins being worth more.

If ether ends up with 1 billion coins and BTC still only has 21 million then.....it's hard to see ethers "coins" worth anywhere near a bitcoin.

Or am I missing something?

you're not missing anything. supply side of ETH is massive. the mistake some people are making is that they look at the ETH price and compare it to BTC without considering supply side ratios, and they think ETH is "cheap". at $14 ether when adjusted to BTC at +5x supply is over $75.

$75 vs $410

and people say BTC is cheap at this price. So $75 is still a steal considering that Bitcoin is a pocket calculator and Ethereum is a PC.

last year BTC was at $225. the present price is unattractive in any sane investor. the 'halving' is hype.
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2016, 05:32:52 PM

You guys are delusional,even if ethereum's dev's team deliver half they promise,eth will surpass bitcoin.
Ether could be superior in many ways , but if Bitcoin has only 21 million coins and ether has unlimited then I can't see ethers coins being worth more.

If ether ends up with 1 billion coins and BTC still only has 21 million then.....it's hard to see ethers "coins" worth anywhere near a bitcoin.

you're not missing anything. supply side of ETH is massive. the mistake some people are making is that they look at the ETH price and compare it to BTC without considering supply side ratios, and they think ETH is "cheap". at $14 ether when adjusted to BTC at +5x supply is over $75.

$75 vs $410

and people say BTC is cheap at this price. So $75 is still a steal considering that Bitcoin is a pocket calculator and Ethereum is a PC.

last year BTC was at $225. the present price is unattractive in any sane investor. the 'halving' is hype.

crap coin shill fanatic

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
bitbitch

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 05:35:58 PM

Eth is a shitcoin fueled by undue hype. Trade it while you can make profit and then be sure to dump it for profit while you can. I think eth is going to end up like nxt in the end, nice tech but no adoption - in other words a complete and utter failure.

so true. continuing to hold ETH right now is like holding a grenade in the hand with the pin pulled out. much better to take the profits.
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 05:37:51 PM

Yes, i'm wondering myself how many alts are included here in this hype?
It's amazing how everybody (many members and their alts) believes this is next bitcoin.
And nobody won't admit it, this is just a pump. Good one!
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2016, 05:43:39 PM

There are so many trolls for ETH so I don't think it is the top yet. Whenever ETH undergoes a correction, everyone will scream that the bubble has popped and ETH is going to back to its IPO price.

Yeah...that's the sign of a false bubble. I saw it all the time back in those olden days when I was a goldbug. Gold topped out in 2011, but there were gold skeptics who were yelling "Bubble popped!" as far back as 2006!

Here's a useful rule-of-thumb: when a real bubble really pops, it looks to almost everyone as yet another dip to be bought. There'll be popular jokes about the eleventy-hundredth obituary just written. The first stage of a post-bubble collapse always features a "sucker rally" that's bought into by these folks. What makes a sucker rally so insidious is that it's almost indistinguishable from the earlier dips that were profitable to buy. The sad fact is, a real bubble is usually not recognized as such until long after it's popped. Except by the usual mystery-box combination of prescient minority and stopped-clock skeptics.

Myself, I think that Etherium has some ways to go. There's too much skepticism right now and too little bullish hysteria - and too little spread beyond this here hothouse. It's a provable fact that the Bitcoin bubble which burst in early '14 popped some time after it got real play in the mainstream media. Some of those stories, if you remember, were about Bitcoin insta-millioniares.   

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 06:03:39 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2016, 06:17:35 PM by TPTB_need_war

Myself, I think that Etherium has some ways to go

The illusion of the dip which is actually a crash enveloping as you described, even has you fooled.

There aren't many pumpers. There is stoat posting from numerous accounts he purchased. Minecache is stoat.

Then there are the rest of you, who hanging on for it to go higher before you sell. Which is exactly the top of a bubble when you all can't buy any more because you are all-in.

There won't be new millionaires announced and a long drawn out bubble as for Bitcoin in 2013 (there isn't that much money being actually injected, rather just insiders buying from themselves). This will be a short-lived pump because it has no fundamental support. Just a bunch idiots calmly thinking they won't be the last man out the door, when 1000 to 10,000 speculators fight their way through one exit.

I suppose the upcoming implosion of ETH will clean out the altcoin sector, because very few will have the remaining money and nerve to buy any risky altcoins. And yeah I know ETH isn't risky at all.  Roll Eyes

Well, I'm doing something similar with Factom - only, my holding period is years. Call me whatever, but Factom has a straightforward use case that's already being sold.

But that's just me. I can see someone using Etherium (or an ETH clone) as a kind of savings account to HODL profits or savings from the fiat world. In fact, I have ~5000 Shift (SHF) that's essentially free coins because I sold half after a double. Bought ~10'000 below 500 satoshis, sold 5000 above 10'000 satoshis, so I'm HODLing with house money.

I admit that, dollar-wise, my bag isn't that much - but it is exciting to have skin in the game. Smiley

You have 0.5 BTC invested and you think your opinion is worth anything there  Huh

Unless you have more than lunch money invested, you have no risk thus you have no need to be cautious.

sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 10:53:32 PM

All high pumped altcoins lost ~90% from their ATH within ~ 1-2 years. I guess ETH will be no exception. When its going flat again for 2-3month and nobody cares about ETH, it will be the time to buy it again.

See you 2017 ETH, farewell and thanks for the money  Wink

Palodar

Activity: 376

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 11:56:22 PM

All high pumped altcoins lost ~90% from their ATH within ~ 1-2 years. I guess ETH will be no exception. When its going flat again for 2-3month and nobody cares about ETH, it will be the time to buy it again.

compared to the price in 2017, I believe the current price is still very low. So it is good time to buy now.

▬▬[  AssetStream.co  ] ▬▬ [ The Global Decentralized Peer To Peer Microfinance Platform] ▬
▌ Replacing Intermediaries With Blockchain Technology▐
▬▬  PUBLIC PRE SALE  - MAY 27th | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 12:15:48 AM

compared to the price in 2017, I believe the current price is still very low. So it is good time to buy now.

Nah, I need all my corns for the incoming BTC pump  Cheesy

Buy the dip will not longer work. Better wait for bearmarket confirmation and short the spikes.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 12:36:04 AM

You're paranoid.
1.POS is coming so around 20mil more.
2.Ethereum team.If you think peanut butterin decides all by himself,then again,youre delusional.
3.Comparable yes,but better since ,if people decide that,ether can be us as store value aswell,by holding,just like btc,then it can be used as a store of value.Also smart contracts,dapps,something BTC is missing.
4.Who decides what is a currency in crypto world?If a group of 100 people decide they ll use coke bottle caps and trade it between them for fiat or goods/services then its a currency just like bitcoin,just on a very small scale.
I werent anywhere near crypto world in 2014 since im just a small miner that started less than a year ago.And what i wrote makes sense to anyone whos willing to use logic,youre just a paranoid that keep FUDing eth (maybe altcoins aswell,havent checked) and who probably is a ltc/btc bag holder.Flashnews for you,nothing backs them except for pure speculation.
Nevertheless,you and others like you are needed,i dont want eth get too big yet,i really wanted to farm more easily but since it skyrocketed difficulty raised alot.

POS added onto a 2 year old IPO ?
Are you fucking serious ?
WOW holy tap dancing christ that is hilarious hahhahah
You don't see a problem with that ?

I wonder why the dev's etc who bought a Million plus worth at launch minute 1 would want that ?
What did they pay for them on Launch per ETH coin ?

Wrap your head around this.. about a million dollars worth was bought
THEN
it was advertised all over.. now 2/3 years later POS is being added ?

Seriously are you guys stupid or what ?
Who had a million dollars cash to spend on IPO launch day ?

Let me guess.. who gives a fucking shit as long as i make 1 BTC profit right ?

You be seem classy smart mutha fuckers LOL

Altcoins  Cheesy

FUD first & ask questions later™
CryptoTrout

Activity: 706
Merit: 500

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2016, 12:39:50 AM

transfers only take 3 hours to confirm, surely this was going to be the currency of the future
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 12:45:00 AM

There are so many trolls for ETH so I don't think it is the top yet. Whenever ETH undergoes a correction, everyone will scream that the bubble has popped and ETH is going to back to its IPO price.

Translation:

trolls ETH top ETH correction bubble ETH IPO price.

Ya like when the bubble is topped the price will scream but ETh is trolled cause the price is bubble
trolls bubble top market pos cause price troll eth market dapps FUD trolls fud eth price top

Uhhm ? take my money now ?

defined

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 09:29:58 AM

I just sold my eth at a good profit. It was a fun ride, but I do not believe it can last.
RustNan

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 09:37:29 AM

$75 vs $410

More people know about bitconi than last year. So the present price is normal. It will be higher in the future.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 09:43:12 AM

I just sold my eth at a good profit. It was a fun ride, but I do not believe it can last.

I also sold a lot (not all) yesterday during the run-up to 0.037 as I had a feeling being on the new exchange would knock it down somewhat. I missed the dip when it went under 0.027, but I am thinking in the days ahead we will go down some more so there should be plenty of buying opportunities coming up.

I am still on the fence, probably 50/50 whether ETH is the real deal, or simply a hyper-inflated bubble, but the ups and downs sure provide plenty of profit opportunities. I will have to monitor the downtrend closely to see if it is simply a dip or the beginning of a prolonged downturn. I guess in a month we should know one way or another.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 09:52:37 AM

Let me ask you guys..
Would you have known about Ethereum if it was NOT super PUMPED by some Rich guys etc ?
Think about it & what that means..

Bamselk

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 09:55:55 AM

I also sold a lot (not all) yesterday during the run-up to 0.037 as I had a feeling being on the new exchange would knock it down somewhat. I missed the dip when it went under 0.027, but I am thinking in the days ahead we will go down some more so there should be plenty of buying opportunities coming up.

I am still on the fence, probably 50/50 whether ETH is the real deal, or simply a hyper-inflated bubble, but the ups and downs sure provide plenty of profit opportunities. I will have to monitor the downtrend closely to see if it is simply a dip or the beginning of a prolonged downturn. I guess in a month we should know one way or another.
[/quote

Yes. I just would like Ethereumm to be trading within a tight range so that I can buy and sell and make some profit.
tantk

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 10:09:25 AM

whats new in crypto ? i am sure this has happen to almost any crypto before .

i tried to exploit the volatility of crypto in the past and got burnt bad, and i learnt that i am smart enough to day trade crypto.
from then on, i just hold on to all crypto that i believe has a future
bitbitch

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 10:11:30 AM

smartness.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 10:14:58 AM

Let me ask you guys..
Would you have known about Ethereum if it was NOT super PUMPED by some Rich guys etc ?
Think about it & what that means..

Probably not, but then again how many would have known about Bitcoin back in 2013 if it wasn't pumped to $270 by (I believe) the Winklevoss twins. That brought in a lot more people that helped to push it to $1,200 later the same year. So why would this be any different? If it follows BTC's pattern, this initial pump will be sold off quite hard and then it will stabilize and grow more naturally.

The question now is, was this latest ETH rise equivalent to BTC's first $270 pump, or the second more spectacular $1,200 pump?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: