Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:37:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH GETTING DUMPED HARD!!!!  (Read 55181 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2016, 10:06:47 PM

Angry Angry Angry

I think ETC is just another measure to make sure ETH permanently fails, even if ETC does too.

Cry Cry Cry

https://twitter.com/fluffyponyza/status/758889752951083008

Just remember, altcoiners, when your broken design invariably fails you can always just blame Bitcoin maximalists. Perfect scapegoat!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 09:32:23 AM

I think ETC is just another measure to make sure ETH permanently fails, even if ETC does too.
we have to search some other coin for us.

Its called NEM, its the only way forward, its stupidly cheap right now, few have discovered it Smiley

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Auponef

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:51:09 PM

Its called NEM, its the only way forward, its stupidly cheap right now, few have discovered it Smiley

Maybe the coin called Expanse? It is a clone of the Ethereum but does not have the problems like the DAO.
Next BillG

Activity: 431
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 06:44:09 AM

Maybe the coin called Expanse? It is a clone of the Ethereum but does not have the problems like the DAO.

I think most companies will develop based on the ETH. Some of them have already declared they will be with ETH.
Auponef

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 12:21:48 PM

I think most companies will develop based on the ETH. Some of them have already declared they will be with ETH.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4w4y0w/colony_is_100_on_eth_and_heres_whyxpost/?st=irhq098v&sh=f92a2f51
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2016, 12:39:55 AM

Most companies are saying they will go with ETH because they fear retaliation from the EF and BailoutForkers, just as most pools (regardless of what their users preferred) voted to go along to get along (rather than being placed on The List of subversive troublemakers).

The ETH commitment of the miners only lasted as long as they lacked economic incentive to defect to ETC.

When their software is cloned and run on ETC, the dapp guys will quickly ditch Pope Vitalik and serve the socioeconomic majority.

Granted there is some appeal to the prospect of bailouts for failed contracts, but that provides a useful way to force self-identification of which dapps are toys (meant to run in make-believe world of monopoly money and reversible time), and which are actual production systems (meant to run in the real world where we play for keeps and time is not reversible).

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
mandica

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 02:13:41 PM

Most companies are saying they will go with ETH because they fear retaliation from the EF and BailoutForkers, just as most pools (regardless of what their users preferred) voted to go along to get along (rather than being placed on The List of subversive troublemakers).

The ETH commitment of the miners only lasted as long as they lacked economic incentive to defect to ETC.

When their software is cloned and run on ETC, the dapp guys will quickly ditch Pope Vitalik and serve the socioeconomic majority.

Granted there is some appeal to the prospect of bailouts for failed contracts, but that provides a useful way to force self-identification of which dapps are toys (meant to run in make-believe world of monopoly money and reversible time), and which are actual production systems (meant to run in the real world where we play for keeps and time is not reversible).

The comments about the miners are right. I mine both ETC and ETH, whichever is more profitable for me.
Bamselk

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 12:28:04 PM

The comments about the miners are right. I mine both ETC and ETH, whichever is more profitable for me.

I do the same. That is why the hash rate of the ETC and ETH depends on the relative price of these two coins.
QuarkSquirrel

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 12:49:43 PM

Goodbye ETH!
Bokelka

Activity: 242

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 10:58:21 AM

I do the same. That is why the hash rate of the ETC and ETH depends on the relative price of these two coins.

The main risk is that when you mine one coin, it is more profitable. But when you sell it, the price is lower.
Auponef

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 06:19:21 PM

The main risk is that when you mine one coin, it is more profitable. But when you sell it, the price is lower.

The ETC price has dropped 25% against ETH. It is not profitable to mine at the moment. But if the price rises, it might be profitable again.
JackJokasker

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 04:01:12 AM

hahahah. nice picture hahah.... i like it. ETH can growing up againt?
Bokelka

Activity: 242

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 09:13:21 AM

RUN TO THE HILLS!!!!
Ran out of greater fools?

hahahah. nice picture hahah.... i like it. ETH can growing up againt?

That could be a good description of the ETC when the DAO hackers dump the 11 million ETC to the market.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 09:22:35 AM

Looks like ETC is loosing the battle, its market cap has dropped quite a bit last week.

Perhaps miners will switch over again when its more profitable, either way i dont see ETH switching to POS any time soon.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
mandica

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 04:31:33 PM

Looks like ETC is loosing the battle, its market cap has dropped quite a bit last week.

Perhaps miners will switch over again when its more profitable, either way i dont see ETH switching to POS any time soon.

The ETC price is about 13.5% of the ETH price now. I found the hash rate is also similar ratio. if the price drops further, it could be 51% attacked.
Auponef

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 07:41:31 AM

The ETC price is about 13.5% of the ETH price now. I found the hash rate is also similar ratio. if the price drops further, it could be 51% attacked.

To attack a coin, there is no need for the 51% hash, you need around 25% to do some kind of attack.
Arnoldent

Activity: 64

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 09:39:47 AM

To attack a coin, there is no need for the 51% hash, you need around 25% to do some kind of attack.

I saw a paper mentioning you only need less than 25% of the network hash rate to do the attack. That was in 2013.
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 10:50:08 AM

I saw a paper mentioning you only need less than 25% of the network hash rate to do the attack. That was in 2013.

A Chinese guy called Chandler Guo, he has about 100G of the Ethereum hash. So he has the ability to attack the ETC.
misakama

Activity: 71

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 02:33:31 PM

A Chinese guy called Chandler Guo, he has about 100G of the Ethereum hash. So he has the ability to attack the ETC.

He could be the force breaking the ETC. He used to say that he would 51% the ETC when the ETC was first listed.
takingthis4

Activity: 504

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 04:51:13 PM

naah i really doubt that, etc is a way better currency in my opinion than eth, it is definitely going to succeed more than just ordinary eth

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: