Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:37:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Poloniex so often offline?  (Read 1145 times)
GODLIKE (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 01:12:06 PM

As per title.

BITCOIN FOREVER news aggregator: only the most important news on the cryptoworld!
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 01:39:22 PM

They are being constantly under DDOS attack for two times as noted by poloniex official twitter handler over here https://twitter.com/poloniex
i am also waiting them to come back online.

GODLIKE (OP)

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 01:50:15 PM

They are being constantly under DDOS attack for two times as noted by poloniex official twitter handler over here https://twitter.com/poloniex
i am also waiting them to come back online.

Oh, I imagined that, but I wasn't sure, not using Twitter... thank you.

However something strange happens: I can access the mobile version from my smartphone, but I can't get into the website from Chrome on Win7.
But it works entering with Explorer.

BITCOIN FOREVER news aggregator: only the most important news on the cryptoworld!
GODLIKE (OP)

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:49:10 PM

Just uncovered that it's a Chrome related problem.

If I send the link www.poloniex.com to my friend on FB, FB makes the preview.
This means the website works.
And in fact, it works on my mobile phone and on Explorer.

But on Chrome I get this message:

This webpage is not available

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Turns out for some reason www.poloniex.com doesn't work, but poloniex.com works.
I don't know why.
Also, www.poloniex.com comes up in the history of websites visited recently, and that's why I kept having problems.
If I type exactly only poloniex.com, it works.
Duh.

a7mos

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 09:28:26 PM

Turns out for some reason www.poloniex.com doesn't work, but poloniex.com works.
I don't know why.
Also, www.poloniex.com comes up in the history of websites visited recently, and that's why I kept having problems.
Duh.

it is a problem in your dns

to fix it if you are in windows, open cmd and write what is between the brackets ( ipconfig /flushdns ) and press enter
then open the site without problems
SmartIphone
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 09:29:57 PM

I have seen on their news that they have mentioned that are being attacked so someone is DDOS-ing them, but for few hours now it's up.
GODLIKE (OP)

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 10:15:58 PM

I don't know why.
Duh.

to fix it if you are in windows, open cmd and write what is between the brackets ( ipconfig /flushdns ) and press enter

Thank you! I opened ipconfig, but flushdns said that is not recognized as an internal or external command  Huh

a7mos

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 10:21:01 PM

I don't know why.
Duh.

Thank you! I opened ipconfig, but flushdns said that is not recognized as an internal or external command  Huh

this is a one line command , do not press enter before writing the whole line including the space between ipconfig and /
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 10:38:46 PM

I don't know why.
Duh.

this is a one line command , do not press enter before writing the whole line including the space between ipconfig and /

Don't worry Poloniex will not turn scam at least for now Cheesy ,
Everything working fine here , mobile and desktop version  , explorer, mozilla and chrome there is no problem .
This error code "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" shows there is a problem in your Internet connection, if you can't do flushdns command as a7mos said, simply just restart, connect / disconnect your Internet connection until the error code not show anymore.
GODLIKE (OP)

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 12:32:55 AM

I don't know why.
Duh.

Thank you, I did it.

However, I can't see how can it be possible that poloniex.com works and www.poloniex.com doesn't.

Arrakeen

Activity: 532

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 12:34:36 AM

Who would DDoS poloniex, and WTF would someone gain by doing so?  Mess up ETH trading for a couple hours?  I don't get it

Or is Poloniex doing this on purpose...but for what reason, who knows...can't trust anyone these days
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 12:34:51 AM

Thank you, I did it.

However, I can't see how can it be possible that poloniex.com works and www.poloniex.com doesn't.

polonex.com and poloniex.com are two different things, if you are logged in poloniex.com you are not logged in on www.poloniex.com, basically the verification emails that are from poloniex are with "www" before.
GODLIKE (OP)

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 01:12:29 AM

Thank you, I did it.

polonex.com and poloniex.com are two different things, if you are logged in poloniex.com you are not logged in on www.poloniex.com, basically the verification emails that are from poloniex are with "www" before.

But this has nothing to do with DNS, as far as I know.

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 09:01:33 AM

Thank you, I did it.

Not related to his DNS issue, they have been under heavy DDoS attacks the last few days. It has been resolved now, as it seems.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
GODLIKE (OP)

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 09:20:02 AM

Thank you, I did it.

Not related to his DNS issue, they have been under heavy DDoS attacks the last few days. It has been resolved now, as it seems.

Yes but I had problem between poloniex.com and www.poloniex.com.
And this doesn't relate to DNS and doesn't relate to DDoS attack either.

Assanger

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 10:26:31 AM

Is that because Polonix is the most successful altcoin trading platform? Most of the Ethereum is traded there.
candy27

Activity: 104
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 02:13:12 PM

Who would DDoS poloniex, and WTF would someone gain by doing so?  Mess up ETH trading for a couple hours?  I don't get it

It's about messing up ETH trading. During the BTC bubble of 2014, there were lots of DDOS attacks on the exchanges - lots of people would panic and sell their coins when the site came up. Whoever did the DDOS would buy them cheap. Then things would resume their upward motion. After a period of time people wised up and stopped panicking every time there was a DDOS.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 03:16:27 PM

Thank you, I did it.

comment #4 by you, you said "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" this is problem with DNS

and since you said you could access it in IE and not in Chrome you should flush chrome's dns log not windows (google it how)

chrome://net-internals/#dns

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
GODLIKE (OP)

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 03:21:52 PM

Thank you, I did it.

comment #4 by you, you said "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" this is problem with DNS

and since you said you could access it in IE and not in Chrome you should flush chrome's dns log not windows (google it how)

chrome://net-internals/#dns

Tell me one thing: do the websites POLONIEX.COM and WWW.POLONIEX.COM point to different addresses?

~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 04:13:32 PM

They are fully back up now, i don't have any difficulty visiting them both on https:// and without it. I think they have good backup system back there, happy to be able to trade again there.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: