Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:16:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Microsoft Store No Longer Accepts Bitcoin - CORRECTION MS IS NOW ACCEPTING BTC  (Read 1636 times)
rekinthis

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 08:49:29 AM

Brace for price drops.

I always wondered when they'd stop accepting it, just because of low usage, it's more hassle than convenience for the users and vendors.

Who else is going to follow? Overstock, TigerDirect?

price will fall, but not a lt, like 20$ , lets agree, who used bitcoins to buy from microsoft anyway?

i heard that steam might accept bitcoins in near future too, so they'll price will rise, also dell started to accept them, same with other bitcoin accepting sites, there are plenty of them

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 09:11:45 AM

all these news is just being spread across the internet to spread FUD and help the ETH pump which is not longer as effective as it was in the beginning.

True.
But it is normal that after a while a pump will come to an end if no more money, especially fresh one, is coming in.
From the beginning there was a lot of spam at reddit, then here and a lot of FUD against Bitcoin.
This all started with the rage quit of Mike Hearn.Check the charts and you will see it.Could be a coincidence, but I doubt it to be honest.
7Priest7

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 10:30:34 AM

Brace for price drops.

I always wondered when they'd stop accepting it, just because of low usage, it's more hassle than convenience for the users and vendors.

that's not a huge thing, of course price might fall now by 10-20$, but who used bitcoins on microsoft store anyway? as long as g2a, kinguin accpets them, as long as other large bitcoins stores will accept them, i will be happy, soon steam should accept bitcoin too so price should rise
Niemands

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 10:39:49 AM

Oh, I don't believe this  Angry
Is it really true?

LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 10:43:24 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2016, 10:56:07 AM by LMGTFY

Oh, I don't believe this  Angry
Is it really true?

No.

Microsoft apologizes: We still accept bitcoin.

it's a false alarm after all.  Tongue they haven't got tired of the drama, or got seduced by ETH.. ....or whatever...

Technology company Microsoft was forced to apologize on Monday, after accidentally announcing that it would no longer accept bitcoin.

Contrary to an earlier statement, Microsoft users can still use the virtual currency to buy content in the Windows and Xbox stores. Earlier on Monday, the software giant mistakenly suggested it had stopped accepting payment in bitcoin.

"We apologize for inaccurate information that was inadvertently posted to a Microsoft site, which is currently being corrected," a spokesman told CNBC.

Edit: @talks_cheep - that's four days, and you've not updated the thread's title.

This space intentionally left blank.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 12:39:18 PM

Is it really true?

it was a mistake by microsoft, they have apologized for this https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/microsoft-apologizes-bitcoin-still-accepted/
quadriple7

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 06:28:05 PM

Is it really true?

it was a mistake by microsoft, they have apologized for this https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/microsoft-apologizes-bitcoin-still-accepted/

yes they apologized for that,but it allready created a panic that made price lower by 20$

but anyway that wouldn't be horrible thing as sites like purse.io still would work, also i heard that steam have plans to add bitcoin to their payment ways, so price should rise little bit because of that
LMGTFY

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 07:16:13 PM

Is it really true?

yes they apologized for that,but it allready created a panic that made price lower by 20$

but anyway that wouldn't be horrible thing as sites like purse.io still would work, also i heard that steam have plans to add bitcoin to their payment ways, so price should rise little bit because of that

It looks to me like it had minimal effect on price. (Price rose by $5 in the wake of the MS "announcement" and the near-immediate retraction). I'm not seeing any movement larger than $8 in the past four days, either.

zencomp

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★ Nakedbitcoins.com ★

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 07:28:23 PM

Is it really true?

It looks to me like it had minimal effect on price. (Price rose by $5 in the wake of the MS "announcement" and the near-immediate retraction). I'm not seeing any movement larger than $8 in the past four days, either.

I dont think so that their will be so affect on the market if Microsoft is accepting or not bitcoins as payment, because most of them still dont know about bitcoin.  if you are saying that when the news came and the market crashed for $20 and now after their anouncement then the market should react more and should bounce back more $20 but it not happened so that crash and now gaining is not the affect by this news.

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 07:29:15 PM

It was not accepting bitcoins even earlier as I had read this news long ago. With companies dropping bitcoins as a payment option, it won't affect the price but it will only reduce the number of users spending their bitcoins.

bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 07:58:50 PM

It was not accepting bitcoins even earlier as I had read this news long ago. With companies dropping bitcoins as a payment option, it won't affect the price but it will only reduce the number of users spending their bitcoins.

They are already accepting it again so, that is a good sign its was just all a mistake of microsoft.
They told it a couple days ago that it was just a mistake made by themselves.
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 08:10:51 PM

Good to hear they are accepting it yet. However, I always wonder how can you accept a payment mean that goes up and down in value several times a day.... an item can cost you 5% more or less depending the time of the day you buy it lol.

LMGTFY

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:22:04 PM

Good to hear they are accepting it yet. However, I always wonder how can you accept a payment mean that goes up and down in value several times a day.... an item can cost you 5% more or less depending the time of the day you buy it lol.

Hedging? Bitcoin has futures and options, the main instruments used for hedging, so I assume retailers like Microsoft can choose to hedge (or, perhaps more likely, they use a third-party who handles that for them).

Disclaimer: I honestly have no idea, but I assume BTC is little different to fiat in this respect.

talks_cheep (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 09:04:34 PM

Now that Microsoft is accepting bitcoins again, the price has dropped. I think we're better off MS not accepting bitcorns.

Ctn

Merit: 259

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 01:40:34 PM

Now that Microsoft is accepting bitcoins again, the price has dropped. I think we're better off MS not accepting bitcorns.

sell with facts, buy with news Cheesy
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:28:18 PM

i don't think it has to do with microstf at all, it since long time that the price movements is not influcenced too much by those news, that are heavy redundant

also microsft accepting bitcoin did already affected the market at the time there was the original news, recycled news are worthless
Paractor

Activity: 274
Merit: 133

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:08:40 AM

Brace for price drops.

price will fall, but not a lt, like 20$ , lets agree, who used bitcoins to buy from microsoft anyway?

i heard that steam might accept bitcoins in near future too, so they'll price will rise, also dell started to accept them, same with other bitcoin accepting sites, there are plenty of them

I do not buy from microsoft for hardwares. I just bought something for other online stores for GPUs.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: