Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:59:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible Google Recaptcha exploit used by scam sites to drain legit faucets  (Read 2344 times)
johnjacksonbtc (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 07:35:21 PM

I want to report this triplet of websites that looks one level more suspicious than usual SCAM sites - freecoinmonster.com, satoshihere.com, satoshisatoshi.com. Possible scheme follows - user claims enormous amounts of satoshis just for solving Google Captcha more than few times per minutes and per user. At the beginning of scam testing I was unable to figure how they can earn money with this scam. Google Captcha's sometimes randomly appears with messages - session expires or invalid API. I came to conclusion that these captchas are coming from different sites to bypass antibot systems that depends only on Google Captcha. So whether is this possible (google captcha iframe data retrieving from other sites) or not I strongly recommend faucet owners to make their antibot systems unique to solve this possible nasty issue. I have studied lot of bitcoin faucets and considerable part sits only on Google Captcha, you may check up my site for faucet list.

Happy non-bot earnings from bitcoin faucets,
John Jackson

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 09:30:32 PM

Most varieties of captchas are vulnerable to automatic analysis. The highest end captchas are usually defeated in the way you describe - human viewers entering the captcha that is then submitting a form elsewhere. It might be creating thousands of accounts at places like yahoo and some blackhat people make a lot of money with this sort of automation hacking. Anyone who is giving away money via things like a faucet will always be a target for attacks

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 11:47:49 PM

I want to report this triplet of websites that looks one level more suspicious than usual SCAM sites - freecoinmonster.com, satoshihere.com, satoshisatoshi.com. Possible scheme follows - user claims enormous amounts of satoshis just for solving Google Captcha more than few times per minutes and per user. At the beginning of scam testing I was unable to figure how they can earn money with this scam. Google Captcha's sometimes randomly appears with messages - session expires or invalid API. I came to conclusion that these captchas are coming from different sites to bypass antibot systems that depends only on Google Captcha. So whether is this possible (google captcha iframe data retrieving from other sites) or not I strongly recommend faucet owners to make their antibot systems unique to solve this possible nasty issue. I have studied lot of bitcoin faucets and considerable part sits only on Google Captcha, you may check up my site for faucet list.

John Jackson

Good catch, I guess you could iframe the captcha, it is there if you inspect element in your browser.

And its gone.
johnjacksonbtc (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 09:14:55 AM

John Jackson

Good catch, I guess you could iframe the captcha, it is there if you inspect element in your browser.

Their captcha's structurally does not differs in structure, usual google captcha iframe. The point is that google does not knows for which endpoint (IP address) captcha must be applied, most likely because faucet server does not tells google - please use this captcha for user with ip adress 12.34.56.78.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 10:42:21 PM

The tripplet of sites in the OP, does anyone know if they are legit.

What you are saying, could tey be using this as a way of solving vaptchas on other faucet sites for their own personal gain.

I.E. A site of satoshisatoshi, could be using another site to gain earnings from with the users getting a certain payment from this.

Specific to satoshisatoshi: the links at the top of the pages are refferral links, not links for a partnetship site.
Sweetasdad

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 06:12:20 AM

HAS TO BE THE BIGGEST "SCUM WITH A SCAM!. 100% +...Google Recaptcha, and sites that use it allow it, so BOTH are "SCUM WITH A SCAM!."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: