Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:51:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Centralization -> Whether Block Size Goes Up or Down !!!  (Read 838 times)
ATguy

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 08:41:19 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2016, 08:55:44 PM by ATguy

I dont want segwit, sorry. (i seem to be on my own on this?)

Your not alone, I wont use segwit transactions for high valued transactions, I might consider segwit transactions for microtransactions only though (where I wont mind if majority of miners steal the spend by anyone (segwit) Bitcoins).

Also arguing change limit to 2MB (or 4MB) means number of nodes have to decrease considerably is wrong, there is scientistic study I saw recently it might decrease the node count by up to 10% - you will not notice such small change on decentralization (btw thanks to Bitcoin Classic we are already up by 30% in 1-2 months)
You just defeated your own argument. As far as Classic nodes are concerned, they are worthless and part of a Sybil attack. Read: A date with Sybil.

-10% is not considerable number. We had about 5000 full nodes 2 months ago. Thanks to Bitcoin Classic competetion, we have almost 7000 nodes today. With 2MB (or 4MB) and -10% we can be at nice 6000 nodes with advantage of having buffer for more transactions should the Bitcoin adoption continue. Win-win situation. Bitcoin Classic are as worthy as Bitcoin Core nodes, these are mostly hosted on amazon cloud because of the DDoS from radical criminals, but there is no evidence these are not legitimate full nodes (or pruned nodes). I could spread the FUD as well saying Bitcoin Core nodes are worthless, but without hard evidence it would be just FUD as the link above.

1) with 2MB (or 4MB), nothing changes much here
2) second layer (LN) does not even exist currently, so pointless to argue whether LN become decentralized or can be used only in centralized maner as seems today
It does actually. In a small amount of time you will have people asking for 6 or 8 MB, that's for sure. It is not pointless to argue about LN. LN is being designed so that it is decentralized, don't spread misinformation that it will be centralized when that is not the case.

If 2MB (or 4MB) is fine for decentralization we should make it available as soon as possible, and then reconsider if higher sizes are safe for keeping dentralization as well. Do not the fear of people asking for 6 or 8 MB later kill Bitcoin progress.

The LN centralization problem is the way people have to find the LN HUBs, it is well known problem and decentralized solution is not known yet, so not misinformation at all.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: