Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:36:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin charity drive/trust fund  (Read 1495 times)
tirion (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 12:27:14 PM

I was wondering about ways to encourage more charities to accept BTCs.   How about setting up ``trust fund wallets'' for certain big name charities (Red Cross, Unicef, etc),   advertise them directly on bitcoin.org,   and keep the collections as bitcoins until the charity itself can accept them, as bitcoins.   though writing it out makes it sounds like black mail, hehe.      I was thinking about setting up the wallets, and a site, myself, but being a total newbie (I dont even actually have any BTCs myself, my alienware laptop doesnt mine so well) i guess noone would trust me.  so perhaps its better for the devs, or some other big name, to pursue it.

This is an alternative to some other ideas i found searching on these forums;  someone set up a website where he would cash out the charity wallets regularly and send the proceeds, and someone else suggested donating a fraction of a mining pool to charity (an idea i really like), but neither seemed to really take off.

anyway just a suggestion.  
realnowhereman

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 12:58:34 PM

I'm pretty sure that the scripting language in transactions is flexible enough to implement "multiple signatures".  I don't suppose there is a GUI for it yet though.

Releasing the funds would require signatures from N trustees instead of one.

1AAZ4xBHbiCr96nsZJ8jtPkSzsg1CqhwDa
royalecraig

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 01:11:54 PM

Those people currently responding to begging letters asking for Bitcoins could put them to set up a fund, paying programmers etc to do the work for the charity so the charity has no set up fees in implementing bitcoin, it's all done for them by the Bitcoin community.
Same with online stores, pay programmers to do the work for Companies who might consider it so that they have no set up fees and minimal time, IE any store that is interested can have bitcoin implemented free, paid for by the bitcoin community which helps the bitcoin community long term.
Just uploading some experimental Bit Coin Titles, a couple are half decent but would benefit from some background music if anyone wants to use, also can add in shadows and reflections to add to the realism, if anyone wants something similar doing for Free if I can plug my website harveyalexander or for 0.1BTC with no advertising, also if someone makes youtube vids and wants their channel or website included.
Not exactly Pixar standards I know but some turn out reasonable.
royalecraig

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 01:12:28 PM

Forgot the Youtube Chan

http://www.youtube.com/user/Free3dTitles
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: