Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:41:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A teen is given $1K to invest into Bitcoin - what would you recommend for them?  (Read 9520 times)
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:08:03 AM

If this teen is from America, he can buy things from purse.io by bitcoin with the discount they offer and then sell them locally for their full price. this will be a good arbitrage trade with not mush risk
Wow! nice Idea, it is a kind of attractive job and it not need any special skill and experience to start it, as nowadays everyone is well expert in buying and selling, if it proved successful then he/she can open his/her shop with it.

No skill is required, but only if the products were sold its profit for him or else the time delay in selling will reduce his profit.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
MaxTax

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:32:51 AM

If this teen is from America, he can buy things from purse.io by bitcoin with the discount they offer and then sell them locally for their full price. this will be a good arbitrage trade with not mush risk
Wow! nice Idea, it is a kind of attractive job and it not need any special skill and experience to start it, as nowadays everyone is well expert in buying and selling, if it proved successful then he/she can open his/her shop with it.

No skill is required, but only if the products were sold its profit for him or else the time delay in selling will reduce his profit.
That is a lot of money. Its hard to say. But the best thing that you can do is just have to hold and save it.
That will be the smartest choice now and that is good. I hope that more people will also have some profit from Bitcoin and that they are going to use it more.
YoonYeonghwa

Activity: 242

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:46:39 AM

The best way to invest is definitely to go to cloud mining or something like that, a safe, trusted investment website, and eventually get a profit. Gambling/ponzi schemes are very volatile and there is a high chance of just going bust.

vrm86

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 10:30:47 AM

The best way to invest is definitely to go to cloud mining or something like that, a safe, trusted investment website, and eventually get a profit. Gambling/ponzi schemes are very volatile and there is a high chance of just going bust.

I'd rather stay away from cloud mining. It could be profitable ony when trading hashing power, but you can trade bitcoins directly that would be better idea. Especially long term mining contracts look promising only at the beginning.
Niemands

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 10:47:04 AM

Let's say a young teenager is given some coming-of-age money from their family, and is interested in growing that money through Bitcoin. Without encouraging him/her to invest in risky strategies, what are some lower risk methods of growing a Bitcoin portfolio with a hypothetical gift of $1K?

I would say buy a decent gpu or two, it will be good for gaming anyway  Wink

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 11:08:49 AM

Let's say a young teenager is given some coming-of-age money from their family, and is interested in growing that money through Bitcoin. Without encouraging him/her to invest in risky strategies, what are some lower risk methods of growing a Bitcoin portfolio with a hypothetical gift of $1K?

i agree. this is a good option.
this would be two birds with one stone. he can use it for gaming and also there is always option for mining, of course mining altcoins is what i mean. it requires some searching for the best option and selling the mined coins at good prices for profit.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 11:25:26 AM

Huh? I don't understand. Yes most faucets fail in a month or two. However having a unique faucet design and features will make you stand out. Hence lasting you longer. For my own site, I am on a negative profit since started 6 months ago. However, it is slowly gaining traffic everyday. I will be able break profit in a few more months. Smiley.

*lol* I misread... Tongue

Anyway, I think it might be hard to get profits with a faucet. There are many that try to exploit it with bots and you might risk losing his affiliate account, maybe adsense. The visitors are simply not normal like on other websites.

I know there was a blog or so describing his success but it might be that he had that success only because of the viewers of his blog and/or that the blog gives the faucet linkpower and visitors through search engines too.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Niemands

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 01:07:31 PM

this would be two birds with one stone. he can use it for gaming and also there is always option for mining, of course mining altcoins is what i mean. it requires some searching for the best option and selling the mined coins at good prices for profit.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant!  Cool
And that's why I love mining and hate those ICOs/IPOs 

Hide_ip112

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 01:14:04 PM

I think, she should use those funds to play the market bitcoin, pertambanga, and the rest are gambling or investment to those who have the potential to make the Bitcoin as business fields. Because of the way the very fit and very right thing to do, because they are also very quick way to generate a profit, except gambling. due to gambling we must also have the skill and luck enough to be able to beat the gambling game system that was very aggressive. For Bitcoin market it can be done every day, because the price of Bitcoin can be changed at any time without notice and you can quickly benefit from market bitcoin. For mining and investments. You just need a little time to feel that you can get results (profit).
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 01:15:01 PM

Pretty easy, put 90% on Bitcoin right now, it's pretty much guaranteed you will have more money by the halvening. Then you put the remaining 10% in some altcoin and pray that the crypto gods give you a good pump for some extra BTC.
orryde

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

Re-Evolution

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 01:15:51 PM

This is a simple one.
Just buy and hold till he's 40.
Then he can probably retire.
He'll have to work for the next 20+ years of his life but it will all be worth it when at 40 he retires.
with a little over 2 btc valued at over $65 million.
 Grin

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
Betting on e-Sports with Steam Items & Crypto
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
■■■■■ GBT Loyalty Reward Program Steam Marketplace Sportsbetting ■■■■■
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 01:25:12 PM

the better method to invest, is to save all of the bitcoin bought, do not move any bitcoin. why? because the world of bitcoins are full of (probable) scam.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
rinhunter

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 02:19:44 PM

Buy $1K Bitcoin, an use partly for trade and partly for hold.
but when it comes to teen, i think he will be tempted to play gambling. Cheesy
CoinSiteDesigner

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 02:24:03 PM

1. Buy

2. Hold

3. Forget for a few years (atleast until 2020)

4. Come back, take your profit Tongue
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 02:33:40 PM

I would say buy a decent gpu or two, it will be good for gaming anyway  Wink

Not sure if that's the best investment for a teenager, will end up spending all of his time gaming Cheesy And mining altcoins is also pretty risky, will take a long time to see any ROI, if you get any..

I would just buy some bitcoins with that money and save half of those bitcoins and invest with the rest. I'd try investing in reputable gambling sites for short periods of time and save any profits that you get and withdraw your principal after a relatively short time to reduce the risk.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 03:35:06 PM

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant!  Cool
And that's why I love mining and hate those ICOs/IPOs 

Is it really a good option? Will the return on mining be higher than gpu (and maybe other computer part-) costs and electricity comes back? I think there are users with gpu-farms that don't have the gpu in a computer so they run way more efficient. I doubt that a normal pc-user can compete and still make a profit.

And I don't think it was meant as using free electricity because the parents don't care. Cheesy

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 04:04:53 PM

1. Buy

2. Hold

this is what i would do but with a little difference in the third step.

bitcoin market is such an active market, always changing which makes it a good place for making some more money, so i would keep an eye on the price and maybe do some small trading daily on the side.

but still hodl the majority of my coins since i am a BitcoinHodler Cool

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Altcoinsupporter

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 05:05:01 PM

1. Buy

2. Hold

It would be a good thing to do but a teen does not have the patience for this in most cases at least.
I thing you should just buy them now and cash them out at the end of this year.
Akupuniard

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 05:28:35 PM

Buy & Hold is the best strategy i think.. but need to do this before halving. After halving honestly price will increase and he can get instant profit

xavier77

Activity: 280
Merit: 252

Xavier

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 05:29:56 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2016, 07:17:48 PM by xavier77

I would recommend him to Giveaway 50$, invest 200$ and gamble 300$ keep the 450$ safe
Let's say a young teenager is given some coming-of-age money from their family, and is interested in growing that money through Bitcoin.
Without encouraging him/her to invest in risky strategies, what are some safe methods of growing a Bitcoin portfolio with a hypothetical gift of $1K?

Others may come along with more helpful information,
but there are basically two types of investments with bitcoin, IMO:

1) Risk Investments (lending, ponzis, gambling, altcoin trading, btc trading, chinese online wallets give interest (may be scams IDK) etc)
2) Holding Investments (just hold for a decade or two and profit)

If there were truly safe methods of actually growing your btc, I want to know as well.
The best that a noob can do is 2). A noob is just not going to understand what is a scam in the crypto world, you need to be around for a long time to start feeling the dynamics in order to take high risks and profit from pump and dump shitcoins and whatnot, which are great to get BTC quick, but the risk is way too high. So just buy and hold until you have been here for at least a year and daily reading and research.

BitDice[]               ▄▄███▄▄
           ▄▄██▀▀ ▄ ▀▀██▄▄
      ▄▄█ ▀▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▀ █▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀     ▀▀ █████ ▀▀     ▀▀██▄▄
██▀▀ ▄▄██▀      ▀███▀      ▀██▄▄ ▀▀██
██  ████▄▄       ███       ▄▄████  ██
██  █▀▀████▄▄  ▄█████▄  ▄▄████▀▀█  ██
██  ▀     ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀     ▀  ██
             ███████████
██  ▄     ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄     ▄  ██
██  █▄▄████▀▀  ▀█████▀  ▀▀████▄▄█  ██
██  ████▀▀       ███       ▀▀████  ██