Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 06:17:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HELP] Gif avatar not acceptable ?  (Read 1284 times)
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 01:42:04 AM

I believe, because the attack vector arose from the ability to change and upload new animated gifs for avatars.
The few accounts today that still have animated gifs for avatars do not pose any threat.
The issues has to do with uploading malicious code into the site. Any animated gifs that remain are safe.

The attack that caused the disabling of the ability to have animated avatars was in October 2013.
That is why the OP and other users are not aware of this. It is actually an old issue.

Oh..

Well alright. I was unaware of this. Thank you for taking the time to sit down and explain it though. I do believe you, but is there a thread I can read for this attack? Just trying to get more acquainted to the website's history. This way I won't have to ask too many novice questions.

I have been looking for a specific thread that could explain it, but I can't seem to find one.
Maybe someone with more knowledge will come along and provide a link to an in depth explanation.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: