Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:14:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersango Scamming  (Read 10229 times)
intersangovictim (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 03:07:43 PM

Information regarding the underhanded practices of Intersango LTD

First of all, a hello to everyone on the forum.  Smiley

I've been casually taking an interest in bitcoin for the past couple of years and would buy and sell small amounts on Intersango and MtGox.

As many are already aware, The GBP market within Intersango LTD ran into trouble around the summer of 2012 and it was very difficult to move funds in and out of the website.

I patiently waited and sent a support ticket to find out what was happening and when normal service would resume.

I was told to wait until January when alternative arrangements would become available.

In January of this year SWIFT transfers became available and I put in a request to transfer my GBP balance to my bank account here in England on the 12th of Jan.

The transaction was listed on my GBP account page as "Requested" and remained in this state.

After more than a week of waiting I made a support ticket requesting information as to why this transaction wasn't being dealt with, and was told that SWIFT transfers had to be issued in person, not by an automated system, and that there was a backlog and that I should just continue to wait.

By the 23rd of January this issue had not been resolved and so I opened another ticket, which I still have access to and will paste the remaining information below:

Jan. 23, 2013, 8:34 a.m. -
Requested withdrawal over 1 week ago, still listed as requested, would like update on when these funds will be released please.

Jan. 26, 2013, 2:50 p.m. -
Still awaiting my funds being released and response to support ticket.

Jan. 28, 2013, 3:01 p.m. -
Will be seeking legal advice regarding this on-going issue.

Today I finally received an email alerting me that I had received a response to my support ticket, my diminishing hope momentarily returned and I eagerly clicked the link and headed to the website to read the response, which is posted below:

Jan. 30, 2013, 1:38 a.m. -
You are now banned from Intersango.

This is a notice of no-trespass covering all Intersango LTD properties including but not limited to intersango.com and all it's sub-domains.

I am sharing this information both to warn members of the bitcoin community and also to seek advice regarding my rights (if any) regarding this issue.

Thanks for reading and I would appreciate any help you can offer.

Kind regards,

IntersangoVictim.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
McGoering

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 05:24:26 PM

So they can just take your BTC? Cannot anybody help you get it back? That's not right.
intersangohelpme

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 01:32:59 PM

same thing happened again with my account! i can no more login after i made withdrawal request!!

help!!!
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 02:38:16 PM

The identities of those running Intersango is well known. Their sociopath behaviour is also well known. There may be methods by which you can ensure cooperation, I leave these methods to fans of fiction..
intersangohelpme

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 03:08:13 PM

The identities of those running Intersango is well known. Their sociopath behaviour is also well known. There may be methods by which you can ensure cooperation, I leave these methods to fans of fiction..

could you give me one of their phone numbers?
i whois their domain "intersango.com" and get this UK TEL NUMBER:"+44.7435435122" of their ceo Patrick, but its fake, the real tel number is POLAND TEL NUMBER +48.7435435122 of their ceo Amir Taaki, however no one answered my calls
caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 03:10:06 PM

If your words are true, this deserves more attention.
I'd suggest you trying to get whitelisted and then post in a board more closely watched by mods, like the Scam Accusation one. Something more than your words will be requested as proof though.
Herodes

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 03:10:23 PM

could you give me one of their phone number?
i whois their domain "intersango.com" and get this UK TEL NUMBER:"+44.7435435122", but its fake, the real tel number of their ceo Amir Taaki is POLAND TEL NUMBER +48.7435435122, however no one answered my calls

I avoided Intersango from the very start. The behaviour of Bitcoin Consultancy made me very suspicious from the set go. Your best bet would be to search this forum for more information, perhaps use some open UK phone listings to see if you find any hits.
intersangohelpme

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 03:23:51 PM

i whois their domain "intersango.com" and get this UK TEL NUMBER:"+44.7435435122", but its fake, the real tel number of their ceo Amir Taaki is POLAND TEL NUMBER +48.7435435122, however no one answered my calls

I avoided Intersango from the very start. The behaviour of Bitcoin Consultancy made me very suspicious from the set go. Your best bet would be to search this forum for more information, perhaps use some open UK phone listings to see if you find any hits.

i know, i am a long term user of intersango, they never had problem before. however now, after a week i requested a withdrawal, after 5 days i made a support ticket(no response of cause), i can no more login my account(no error message, just "login failed", tried reset password, still not be able to login after reset). i haven't received any email or error messages.

for me, all of these looks like something pretty bad is happening
Herodes

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 03:32:41 PM

i know, i am a long term user of intersango, they never had problem before. however now, after a week i requested a withdrawal, after 5 days i made a support ticket(no response of cause), i can no more login my account(no error message, just "login failed", tried reset password, still not be able to login after reset). i haven't received any email or error messages.

If you are in the UK, seeking them out in person, if you have nerves for stuff like that, and not backing up before they come up with a solution on the spot could be an idea. Obviously they do not know how to do good customer service, and this will not change, this has been a recurring issue, and there's been numerous complaints on this forum. Not to mention the whole mess with the Bitcoinica debacle where a lot of money and bitcoins just vanished.
intersangohelpme

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 03:42:08 PM

If you are in the UK, seeking them out in person, if you have nerves for stuff like that, and not backing up before they come up with a solution on the spot could be an idea. Obviously they do not know how to do good customer service, and this will not change, this has been a recurring issue, and there's been numerous complaints on this forum. Not to mention the whole mess with the Bitcoinica debacle where a lot of money and bitcoins just vanished.

i can meet them in person, but how can i seek them without having the way to contact them? their UK phone number is fake, and no one is answering their poland phone number, i just don't want to be another victim
Herodes

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 03:45:15 PM

i can meet them in person, but how can i seek them without having the way to contact them? their UK phone number is fake, and no one is answering their poland phone number, i just don't want to be another victim

They hosted a conference recently in the UK, perhaps there's a contact number there, if you find that old thread.

Besides, I see phantomcircuit is still an op on irc-channel bitcoin at freenode, you can log on through bitcoin.org web irc application. He's one of the people responsible for Intersango.

If you search his nick or find his user on this forum, you will find more information I would think. I would think is real name is available too, I don't remember it.
intersangohelpme

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 03:57:57 PM

They hosted a conference recently in the UK, perhaps there's a contact number there, if you find that old thread.

Besides, I see phantomcircuit is still an op on irc-channel bitcoin at freenode, you can log on through bitcoin.org web irc application. He's one of the people responsible for Intersango.

If you search his nick or find his user on this forum, you will find more information I would think. I would think is real name is available too, I don't remember it.

Thank you very much for all your help and useful information
tobandan

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 04:31:05 PM

Thanks for the heads up

+1
Herodes

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 06:38:47 PM

Patrick Strateman is his name if I don't remember wrongly.

Here's the information for Bitcoin Consultancy, which was the original group that formed Intersango. They dubbed them in very handwaving ways as omnipotent security experts and top coders. Excessive bragging about oneself usually is a true sign of reality not being up to par with their own word view. That coupled with them never admitting to faults, made the case pretty clear that they were not to be trusted for.... wait for it.... anything!

Here's the whois information from their original page that they cheepishly took down when shit started to hit the fan, and it was revealed that they were great braggers, but not so great at information security. There were many apeshit stupid hacks that led to the demise of Bitcoinica. There's plenty about that on this forum.

Code:
Domain Name:     bitcoinconsultancy.com
Registrar:       Name.com LLC

Expiration Date: 2013-04-15 13:32:50
Creation Date:   2011-04-15 13:32:50

Name Servers:
ns1kpv.name.com
ns2kqz.name.com
ns3gxy.name.com
ns4kpx.name.com

REGISTRANT CONTACT INFO
Bitcoin Consultancy LTD
Patrick Strateman
Dept 302 43 Owston Road
Carcroft
Doncaster
DN68DA
GB
Phone:         +44.2081333752
Email Address: patrick@bitcoinconsultancy.com

ADMINISTRATIVE CONTACT INFO
Bitcoin Consultancy LTD
Patrick Strateman
Dept 302 43 Owston Road
Carcroft
Doncaster
DN68DA
GB

TECHNICAL CONTACT INFO
Bitcoin Consultancy LTD
Patrick Strateman
Dept 302 43 Owston Road
Carcroft
Doncaster
DN68DA
GB

BILLING CONTACT INFO
Bitcoin Consultancy LTD
Patrick Strateman
Dept 302 43 Owston Road
Carcroft
Doncaster
DN68DA
GB

Timestamp: 1359656146.0006

The Data in the Name.com LLC WHOIS database is provided by Name.com LLC for information purposes, and to assist persons in obtaining information about or related to a domain name registration record.  Name.com LLC does not guarantee its accuracy.  By submitting a WHOIS query, you agree that you will use this Data only for lawful purposes and that, under no circumstances will you use this Data to:  (1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail (spam); or (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that apply to Name.com LLC (or its systems). Name.com LLC reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.  By submitting this query, you agree to abide by this policy.

Cached on: 2013-01-31T11:15:45-07:00

Here's even their original web page: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.bitcoinconsultancy.com

They've also in general shown a complete disrespect for any and all customers that had any complaints. While shit storms where whirling around them, they were known to take out vacations, participating in hackatons, and in general not giving a rats ass about any customers. Where all the money came from to travel to Portugal, Brazil, USA etc. one can wonder..

Since Patrick is a complete ass, do not be surprised if he acts as one when and if you contact him.

Also whois info for Intersango:

Code:
Domain Name:     intersango.com
Registrar:       Name.com LLC

Expiration Date: 2014-01-24 08:46:44
Creation Date:   2011-01-24 08:46:44

Name Servers:
ns1kpv.name.com
ns2kqz.name.com
ns3gxy.name.com
ns4kpx.name.com

REGISTRANT CONTACT INFO
Intersango LTD
Patrick Strateman
3rd Floor 14 Hanover Street
London
London
W1S 1YH
GB
Phone:         +44.7435435122
Email Address: patrick.strateman@gmail.com

Intersango LTD
Patrick Strateman
London
London
W1S 1YH
GB

TECHNICAL CONTACT INFO
Intersango LTD
Patrick Strateman
London
London
W1S 1YH
GB

BILLING CONTACT INFO
Intersango LTD
Patrick Strateman
London
London
W1S 1YH
GB

Interestingly, someone registered patrick-strateman.com last year:
http://wsdata.com/redirect/2012-08-05/patrick-strateman.com

Other persons involved with Intersango is Donald (business dude) and Amir (anarchist hacker), Their full names can probably be found by searching this forum.

While the business adress for Intersango probably just is a dropship address, the doncaster address may give you more luck.

Here's their about page at Intersango, with full pictures:
https://intersango.com/about-us.php

Another e-mail adress for Tamir: Amir Taaki <genjix@riseup.net>
And for Patrick:Patrick Strateman <bitcoin-bips@covertinferno.org>
Source: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BIP_0014

This might be the same guy, or someone else with the same name:
http://www.freelancer.in/job-search/patrick-strateman/

Seems like Intersango people are also on this list:
http://bitcoinmalaysia.com/2012/10/18/famous-people-in-the-bitcoins-economy/

I would think there's already numerous complaints filed against them with UK authorities.

Best of luck in reclaiming the funds!

intersangohelpme

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 09:52:01 PM

Patrick Strateman is his name if I don't remember wrongly.

Here's the information for Bitcoin Consultancy, which was the original group that formed Intersango. They dubbed them in very handwaving ways as omnipotent security experts and top coders. Excessive bragging about oneself usually is a true sign of reality not being up to par with their own word view. That coupled with them never admitting to faults, made the case pretty clear that they were not to be trusted for.... wait for it.... anything!

Here's the whois information from their original page that they cheepishly took down when shit started to hit the fan, and it was revealed that they were great braggers, but not so great at information security. There were many apeshit stupid hacks that led to the demise of Bitcoinica. There's plenty about that on this forum.

Code:
Domain Name:     bitcoinconsultancy.com
Registrar:       Name.com LLC

Expiration Date: 2013-04-15 13:32:50
Creation Date:   2011-04-15 13:32:50

Name Servers:
ns1kpv.name.com
ns2kqz.name.com
ns3gxy.name.com
ns4kpx.name.com

REGISTRANT CONTACT INFO
Bitcoin Consultancy LTD
Patrick Strateman
Dept 302 43 Owston Road
Carcroft
Doncaster
DN68DA
GB
Phone:         +44.2081333752

Bitcoin Consultancy LTD
Patrick Strateman
Dept 302 43 Owston Road
Carcroft
Doncaster
DN68DA
GB

TECHNICAL CONTACT INFO
Bitcoin Consultancy LTD
Patrick Strateman
Dept 302 43 Owston Road
Carcroft
Doncaster
DN68DA
GB

BILLING CONTACT INFO
Bitcoin Consultancy LTD
Patrick Strateman
Dept 302 43 Owston Road
Carcroft
Doncaster
DN68DA
GB

Timestamp: 1359656146.0006

The Data in the Name.com LLC WHOIS database is provided by Name.com LLC for information purposes, and to assist persons in obtaining information about or related to a domain name registration record.  Name.com LLC does not guarantee its accuracy.  By submitting a WHOIS query, you agree that you will use this Data only for lawful purposes and that, under no circumstances will you use this Data to:  (1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail (spam); or (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that apply to Name.com LLC (or its systems). Name.com LLC reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.  By submitting this query, you agree to abide by this policy.

Cached on: 2013-01-31T11:15:45-07:00

Here's even their original web page: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.bitcoinconsultancy.com

They've also in general shown a complete disrespect for any and all customers that had any complaints. While shit storms where whirling around them, they were known to take out vacations, participating in hackatons, and in general not giving a rats ass about any customers. Where all the money came from to travel to Portugal, Brazil, USA etc. one can wonder..

Since Patrick is a complete ass, do not be surprised if he acts as one when and if you contact him.

Also whois info for Intersango:

Code:
Domain Name:     intersango.com
Registrar:       Name.com LLC

Expiration Date: 2014-01-24 08:46:44
Creation Date:   2011-01-24 08:46:44

Name Servers:
ns1kpv.name.com
ns2kqz.name.com
ns3gxy.name.com
ns4kpx.name.com

REGISTRANT CONTACT INFO
Intersango LTD
Patrick Strateman
London
London
W1S 1YH
GB
Phone:         +44.7435435122

Intersango LTD
Patrick Strateman
London
London
W1S 1YH
GB

TECHNICAL CONTACT INFO
Intersango LTD
Patrick Strateman
London
London
W1S 1YH
GB

BILLING CONTACT INFO
Intersango LTD
Patrick Strateman
London
London
W1S 1YH
GB

Interestingly, someone registered patrick-strateman.com last year:
http://wsdata.com/redirect/2012-08-05/patrick-strateman.com

Other persons involved with Intersango is Donald (business dude) and Amir (anarchist hacker), Their full names can probably be found by searching this forum.

While the business adress for Intersango probably just is a dropship address, the doncaster address may give you more luck.

Here's their about page at Intersango, with full pictures:
https://intersango.com/about-us.php

Another e-mail adress for Tamir: Amir Taaki <genjix@riseup.net>
And for Patrick:Patrick Strateman <bitcoin-bips@covertinferno.org>
Source: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BIP_0014

This might be the same guy, or someone else with the same name:
http://www.freelancer.in/job-search/patrick-strateman/

Seems like Intersango people are also on this list:
http://bitcoinmalaysia.com/2012/10/18/famous-people-in-the-bitcoins-economy/

I would think there's already numerous complaints filed against them with UK authorities.

Best of luck in reclaiming the funds!

i left phantomcircuit some messages at irc, i also sent messages to phantomcircuit and intersango at this Forum(their profiles show that they login forum everyday), i will wait until tomorrow, see if i can receive any responses from them.

Thank you for everything you did for me. i will give you a kiss once i successfully get my money back!!!
intersango

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 02:02:21 AM

Mr H[censored]. has substantially edited the responses from staff.

The actual response reads.

Your transfer was executed.

This is a notice of no-trespass covering all Intersango LTD properties including but not limited to intersango.com and all it's sub-domains.

Goodbye Mr H[censored].

As this means the transfer was executed on the 30th he will likely not receive the transfer until Monday.

(Names have been censored to protect the mean.)
Herodes

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 09:15:07 AM

Goodbye Mr H[censored].

As this means the transfer was executed on the 30th he will likely not receive the transfer until Monday.

(Names have been censored to protect the mean.)

Issuing a non-trespass notice, for a bitcoin exchange ? Don't you see how poorly you perform at business and customer relations ?
sethsethseth

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

Not trusting third parties with my private keys

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 04:24:48 PM

Why are you wasting everyone's time making scam threads when they executed the transfer?  So you waited two weeks for a withdrawl.  Big deal.

OP should be banned for editing the support ticket like that.

SealsWithClubs poker room has  over 400 players online. Buy in from .01 to 60btc.      BTCSportsMatch lets you bet sports with vig free lines!  Best kept secret in bitcoin....          LocalBitcoins.com is very user-friendly now for bank transfers.  You don't have to live close to trade when in the same currency area.           
Electrum client is awesome. Try it. And please stop sending bitcoins to sites run by security newbies, or don't complain when you lose everything.
Herodes

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 05:19:10 PM

Why are you wasting everyone's time making scam threads when they executed the transfer?  So you waited two weeks for a withdrawl.  Big deal.

OP should be banned for editing the support ticket like that.

Like Intersango guys have not lied before.
caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 09:34:54 PM

Goodbye Mr H[censored].

So... why did you ban him? Did he try to steal from you or something? Or that's just how you deal with customer's complaints?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: