Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:26:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: @CfB Please tell us the reason why you need to use a "root" port for IOTA  (Read 2632 times)
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 07:01:22 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1398969.msg14219113#msg14219113

Any professional software developer knows that you don't use ports <1025 for server applications other than those that are the most trusted (and generally oldest) such as SSH, IMAP, POP3, SMTP and HTTP (being the most common of those).

Bitcoin does not use a port <1025 and in fact basically no alts do either *except* IOTA (where the port number was actually hard-coded into the software).

Now apparently @CfB thinks that I need to enter into a 50 BTC bet in order for him to explain his use of such a port (that no other professional software engineer would use).

Also @CfB is in fact *not a professional software engineer* (he shows no record of having been employed by any company that anyone knows of and his code has been reviewed by several actual software engineers and described as being "terrible").

I do understand that most of the IOTA investors are just wanting to "get rich quick" so they probably don't even care but I do think that the point needs to be made that this person is "pretending to be a software engineer".

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:06:13 PM

SSH, IMAP, POP3, SMTP, IOTA, HTTP
protocols all use ports < 1025,
whats the problem?

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 07:07:14 PM

whats the problem?

Did you not read the OP at all?

Standard *nix servers that use those ports are expected to run as *root* but not others (don't put IOTA in that list please as it is just plain stupid to do so).

If Linus Torvald supports your scam coin then I'll happily lock this topic. Wink

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

50cent_rapper
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:09:10 PM

whats the problem?

Did you not read the OP at all?

Standard *nix servers that use those ports are expected to run as *root* but not others.

I'm talking about STANDARD PROTOCOL-s. IOTA is a payment protocol, like SFTP is a protocol to transfer files, its obvious.
You can run iota software as a daemon on NIX systems.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 07:09:44 PM

I'm talking about STANDARD PROTOCOL-s. IOTA is a payment protocol, like SFTP is a protocol to transfer files, its obvious.
You can run iota software as a daemon on NIX systems.

Nope - it is not.

For a start - if you look at any of the "standard protocol apps" they don't hard-code the ports (so it fails at even trying to "pretend to be like a standard daemon").

I understand that you are probably being paid to post but you are clearly "out of your depth" in this topic (perhaps you should stick to the non-technical ones).

50cent_rapper
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:12:10 PM

For a start - if you look at any of the "standard protocol apps" they don't hard-code their ports.

Software written as simple as possible for learning purposes can hardcode this stuff.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 07:12:41 PM

For a start - if you look at any of the "standard protocol apps" they don't hard-code their ports.

Software written as simple as possible for learning purposes can hardcode this stuff.

What on earth are you talking about?

Software that uses restricted ports and hard-codes them is simply "shit software".

If IOTA is "just for learning" then why on earth take peoples money to do so?

(are you going to refund everyone for pretending to create a serious piece of software?)

50cent_rapper
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:21:54 PM

What on earth are you talking about?

Software that uses restricted ports and hard-codes them is simply "shit software".

If IOTA is "just for learning" then why on earth take peoples money to do so?

(are you going to refund everyone for pretending to create a serious piece of software?)

Well they offer me to buy some software during Crowdsale, I liked the idea DAG and bought some.

What have I done wrong  Huh
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:22:45 PM

Thought everyone already wrote off this subject as easily explainable:

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 07:23:25 PM

Well the offer me to buy some software during Crowdsale, I liked the idea DAG and bought some.

If you want to speculate on software that is created by someone who isn't even a qualified software engineer then that is up to you.

(just don't complain when it all goes sour as you didn't want to know anything other than the idea you might make some profit)

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:25:18 PM

Well the offer me to buy some software during Crowdsale, I liked the idea DAG and bought some.

Did you verify that Iota adhered to all laws and regulations for selling investment securities in every jurisdiction where they offered the "tokens" for sale to investors?

Specifically did they register these tokens with the SEC in the USA? If not, did they restrict non-qualified USA investors from obtaining the coins?

I hope you aware it is against the policy of crowdfunding sites such as Kickstarter and Indiegogo to offer any shares or redeemable tokens to contributors.

50cent_rapper
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:27:37 PM

What have I done wrong  Huh

If you want to speculate on software that is created by someone who isn't even a qualified software engineer then that is up to you.

Just don't complain when it all goes sour.

I use Facebook (software written by not a qualified software engineer Mark Zuckerberg) - have no problems during last 10 years.

But thank you.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 07:28:54 PM

I use Facebook (software written by not a qualified software engineer Mark Zuckerberg) - have no problems during last 10 years.

But thank you.

Aha - and what has @CfB written that is equivalent to Facebook?

(don't tell me that IOTA is as even the first version of Facebook was much better written than that crap)

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:29:01 PM

What have I done wrong  Huh

Just don't complain when it all goes sour.

But thank you.

Nonsense. Facebook has 1000s of employees and many professional software engineers.

freshman777

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 07:33:34 PM

Did you verify that Iota adhered to all laws and regulations for selling investment securities in every jurisdiction where they offered the "tokens" for sale to investors?

Specifically did they register these tokens with the SEC in the USA? If not, did they restrict non-qualified USA investors from obtaining the coins?

I hope you aware it is against the policy of crowdfunding sites such as Kickstarter and Indiegogo to offer any shares or redeemable tokens to contributors.

Dude, you're never gonna make progress or history if you adhere to all laws and regulations. They are specifically created to maintain status quo, keep you in the dark. It's a start of Knowledge Age by your own prognostications, think how you can change the world, forget regulations Smiley

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
50cent_rapper
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:34:00 PM

But thank you.

Aha - and what has @CfB written that is equivalent to Facebook?

(don't tell me that IOTA is as even the first version of Facebook was much better written than that crap)

Where can I view the source code of first version of facebook ? Or you are talking about GUI ?
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 07:37:40 PM

Where can I view the source code of first version of facebook ? Or you are talking about GUI ?

Seriously - have you heard of files such as /etc/ssh/sshd.config or are you entirely ignorant?

(and if you're entirely ignorant then why on earth are you investing your money in something that you don't understand?)

Also Facebook uses HTTP idiot (so your comparison is retarded as it to be expected from a shill who knows nothing).

(and no I don't see any reason to be nice or polite to obvious shills of a scam coin such as yourself)

50cent_rapper
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:41:24 PM

Seriously - have you heard of files such as /etc/ssh/sshd.config or are you entirely ignorant?

You kinda alluding that you hacked facebook in early days via sshd vulnerability and steal the source code  Huh
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 07:43:06 PM

You kinda alluding that you hacked facebook in early days via sshd vulnerability and steal the soruce code  Huh

Further idiotic posts from an obvious shill.

When you don't understand the first thing about the internet why on earth would you invest your money with an unprofessional software developer who claims that "ternary logic" is some sort of "magic mist"?

hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 07:47:05 PM

You kinda alluding that you hacked facebook in early days via sshd vulnerability and steal the soruce code  Huh

Further idiotic posts from an obvious shill.

When you don't understand the first thing about the internet why on earth would you invest your money with an unprofessional software developer who claims that "ternary logic" is some sort of "magic mist"?

Hm, same holds for most coins here since no issuer needs to lay out the risks...

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: